Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narayana PrasadYour feedback matters!
While india is racing towards the no 1 country having the most number of diabetic patients, though the knowledge regarding the general guidelines about diabetes care, or dos and dont's to follow is lacking on a very large scale patients and that includes the most literate persons also.
There are a few things that matters the most which are as follows:
1) diet: most patients are in knowledge that the diet should be restricted in sweets. But rarely anybody knows that only restriction of food that taste sweet will not do the needed.
The food high in carbohydrates also must be included in the list as carbohydrates are the first line source of the body's energy store to convert them in to sugar.
E. G. Rice, potatos, bananas, or over ripen fruits.
And advice is to take them in minimum quantity instead of completely banning them.
Again how to eat? the advise is to divide your large meals in to smaller meals at the interval of 3-4 hours. Avoid eating too much at a time. Diabetes patients also should not indulge in fasting too much.
2) exercise: now many knows that diabetes is having two types: insulin dependent and insulin independent.
In the first type there is actual lack of effective circulating insulin, while the second types does have most of the time considerable amount of insulin to be used but the effectiveness is reduced. Because of the increased amount of fat deposition around cells. In that case doing prescribed exercise will not only help build the general health but by reducing the fat layer around the cells it helps the insulin to reach its effector cells and do its functions normally. Thats why exercise is one of the crucial key points in the diabetic regime.
3) regular investigation: this a very major dilema in many patients that I have observed throughout my practice. Many of the patients don't go for investigation in the fear that what if the blood sugar level comes abnormal. At that point I could remember a saying" if a cat drinks milk with the eyes closed, it doesn't mean that world does not see it.
If its already abnormal then by going for the investigation will make you aware and you can take proper preventive steps to by pass any complications that might have fall upon you.
So advise isto go for the regular blood sugar checkup at least once every two months for those whose levels remains under the normal range and often if it is uncontrolled.
And one should also think of investigated for hba1c every 3-4 months as it will give general idea of the glycemic control.
4) general prevention of complication and specific cares:
By following the above mentioned points you could easily prevent the major complications. But there are also some specific cares you should not ingnore:
Like get examined for any underlying heart condition, or opthalmic conditions, or the like, or kidney problems, or neurological involvement.
Out of these one that I care the most and patients ingnore the most is foot care:&nbsp;
Why is this important: as our feet not being a vital organ we usually ignore but it can be a reason for a very major complication and even can be fatal.
Because of diabetes there are very chances that any injury will not heal at a normal pace and if not taken a due care then it can turn into gangrene. Which we all know that leads to amputation and life long being a handicap.&nbsp;
Because of poor supply and other vascular degeneration it can cause deep vein thrombosis means the veins in you leg gets obstructed by clotts and if such clott dislodges from there and gets in to the circulation then whenever it gets deposited it causes a grave complication like myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke (paralysis), or other organs can also get affected.
These were some important topics that I thought the general population should know so that they can educate themselves and minimize their emergency visits to the doctors.
Being a homeopath I cannot restrain myself to propogate homeopathy because it is as a true notion that a harmless and gentle treatment, less costly than any other mode of treatment (directly or indirectly), very easy to follow (just few white sugar pills and drops of medicines), prevents the above mentioned complications, and not only that also improves the general health.
There are some homeopathic medicines well proved to be very effective and unquestionable positive effects:
E. G:- syzigium jambolanum, cephalendra, abroma augusta, uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid etc.
Note: above mentioned medicines are very useful and anybody can try but the advise is to consult the specialist as the doses and the repititions needs to be regulated case specifically.
My son faces some learning difficulties, lack of concentration & minute dyslexia as per our observation since last 2-3 yrs. He is 6 yrs old & will be going to class 1 in dwarka, Delhi, Need guidance & suggestions for ensuring that my son get over this issue as earliest as possible.
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas.
Related Tip: "Viral Fever In New Born Babies"
My son (4 years) he has low platelet count how to increase count and how to improve neutrophil and decrease lymphocytes doctor said that ,he had Aplastic Anemia.
Hi doctor. Mera baby 2.5 month ka hai. Vo rat Ko 11 bje tak so jata hai feed le ke. Or morning 5-6 bje uth kar feed leta hai. Suggest in between feed Deni chahiye ya nhi. And feed kitne hours ke Baad Deni chahiye.
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.