Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Narayana P.LYour feedback matters!
I have hypertension and read a lot about ashwagandha and shilajit for its benefits related to overall health along with reproductive health. I also read a lot where it was written ashwagandha helps relieve anxiety and Lowers blood pressure along with giving energy. Can I use both.
Hi I am 30 years old, I am smoking for the past 10+ years, now I want to quit smoking but I could not as I have tried many ways. Do you have a any solution please.
Do you believe that the world is a hostile place and you are a victim? Are you the one who often doubts his or her abilities? If so, you might be showing signs of low self-esteem. Interestingly, self-esteem has nothing do with your actual ability or talent. Your looks, weight or skills are not responsible for your low self esteem. It largely depends upon the fact that how you value yourself.
It has been observed in most cases that self-esteem is often affected by a number of reasons, including ill-health, unpleasant memories from the past, and termination of relationships. Low self-esteem is generally marked in survivors of physical or sexual abuse, victims of racial discrimination or people who have had a traumatic past life.
If you don’t pay attention towards this issue, you might end up developing certain serious mental disorders. Low self-esteem is also the root cause behind the occurrence of mental disorders like borderline personality disorder, depression, etc. However, there is nothing to worry about it. There are certain simple things that are useful in building up your self-esteem.
Here’s all that you need to do to start believing in yourself and be confident about your capabilities:
1. Remember your strong points: Make three separate lists of your strengths; achievements and your qualities that you admire. Take help from your friends, parents and other well-wishers for preparing these lists. These lists will help you in understanding your abilities and goodness. You will be able to believe in your strengths. You must read through these lists at least once daily.
2. Be positive: Optimism and a positive approach towards life are the key to success. Your self-esteem is influenced by the fact that how you look at life. Life is not a bed of roses. It is unavoidable that you will have to face critical situations or problems in life. But, what is important is to face them with courage and a faith in your own abilities. Be positive and stop developing negative thoughts about yourself. Get rid of thoughts like ‘I am a loser’; ‘I can’t get rid of this problem’; etc.
3. Take care of your body: Your outward appearance sometimes works wonders in lifting up your inner-self and spirits. Keep yourself clean, trim your beard or hairs; cut your nails; don’t forget to floss your teeth and maintain overall personal hygiene to develop a feeling of goodness.
4. Sleep well: A good night’s sleep is essential for boosting up your self - esteem.
5. Eat right: A balanced diet is a key to good health. Eating the right food in the right way keeps your mental and physical health all right. Include minerals and vitamins in your regular meals. Avoid distractions like television or radio while taking meals.
6. Exercise: Regular workouts keep you away from mental-ill health.
7. Be cool and comfortable first: When it comes to your dressing, try to put on attires that you can carry well. Wear stuffs that you love the most. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Iam studying B. Tech. I am not able to remember during exams what I have read. I should read a question 5 to 6 times to get it. Please suggest me what should I do.
Me and wife are trying to conceive since last 3 months. Should my wife go for follicular study and do we need to wait for another few months.
I think I am suffering from mental disorder disease. Unnecessary things get repeat in my mind. I can't no longer concentrate. Sometimes I feel anxiety.
I have problem that what has not happened with me still I think about it and get tension for eg:- though I know that I didn't had a fight that day but still I think that I had fight and then I always try to confirm to my friends what happened that day though I know nothing has happened. This what my problem, please tell me what is this behaviour and how to cure it, it's urgent because I am not being able to concentrate in my studies due to this problem.
I am 20 years old. Gender female. I cant express any feeling. Specially sad, crying. If I want to crying always with smile. Nobody take it seriously. What can I do?
I'm 35 male me gujarat ka rehne wala hu I am married She is married Muje usse 4 sal pehle love ho gaya tha Ham log bahut bar mil chuke he uska patti mera best friend he Hum log ghumne bhi sab sath jate he Wo uske sath rahti he me bardast nahi kar pa raha hu Uska pati daru bhi pota he aur call girl k pas bhi jata he lekin wo issu nahi Me usse bahu pyar krta hu wo bhi muje itna hi pyar krti he Wo uske pati ke sathi soti he to mujhse bardast nahi ho raha he Ab kya kare ? Kafi bar muje suicide krne ka man ho jata he. Please help me.
I had been to a doctor for a check up. She took a scan to do a follicular study. Yest was my 11th day. She said an egg is getting formed in d right ovary bt it does not luk very healthy. Is that d reason im nt conceiving. Wat does she mean by saying d egg does not luk very healthy? Worried please help.
How to overcome from unnecessary thoughts, mental depression and stress even though we don't want to think about that?
Questions to ask when making a decision
1. What is holding me back from going ahead and making the decision?
2. What is my biggest fear?
3. What will my life be like if things turn out badly?
4. What will my life be like if things go exactly as I hope?
5. Who else is affected by my decision, and what are their thoughts and feelings?
6. How important are their thoughts and feelings?
7. Is there any other information I need, or facts that are important, for making the decision?
8. What would make the decision easier?
9. Can I test the water first, or take a few small steps?
10. How will I feel 10 years from now; if I say yes or if I say no?