Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Narasimhaiah KYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old from 4 years I have enlarged prostate. Due to this urine not empty in one go. It takes 3 or 5 strokes to clear but I do not have any pain when urinate. Which is good treatment without operation.
My father's prostate has enlarged. What should he eat and what he should not eat. Please help. His age 78. He has blood sugar 180 pp mg /dl. And now also facing problem with speak.
Urinary Incontinence is the sudden urine loss that occurs involuntarily in women. Some of the factors which cause urinary incontinence are pregnancy, menopause (know more why Women Are More Vulnerable to Heart Diseases Post Menopause) and childbirth. It should be noted that urinary incontinence by itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of other underlying disorders such as diabetes, infections and other conditions.
Causes of temporary cases of urinary incontinence include:
1. Constipation (learn more that Work for Constipation Relief)
2. Urinary tract infections
3. Excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine
4. Consuming carbonated drinks
5. Use of artificial sweeteners
6. High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
7. Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
8. Eatables which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
However, persistence of incontinence might be due to a more serious condition. Some of the causes are stated below:
- Age: The bladder muscles tend to weaken with age. This affects the bladder’s urine holding capacity.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increase in weight during pregnancy can cause incontinence.
- Menopause: Oestrogen is responsible for the healthy maintenance of the lining of the urethra and bladder. The onset of menopause causes the oestrogen hormone levels to drop. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues causes incontinence.
- Childbirth: The bladder control muscles are weakened during normal vaginal delivery, thus leading to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Occurrence of tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal flow of urine which can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The same ligaments and muscles support both the bladder as well as the urethra. With removal of the uterus by hysterectomy, the pelvic floor muscles are deteriorated. This leads to urinary incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Conditions such as multiple sclerosis (autoimmune disorder in which the immune system destroys the protective sheath of the nerves), Parkinson’s disease (disorder affecting motor functioning of the body), brain tumours, spinal injury or strokes are capable of causing incontinence.
Different forms of urinary incontinence are classified on the basis of their symptoms:
- Urge incontinence: Urge or urgency incontinence occurs when there is a leak before the person reaches the toilet.
- Stress incontinence: Small amounts of urine leak out during normal physical movements such as sneezing, coughing and exercising. This happens because of the minimum stress exerted on the body, and hence, the name.
- Functional incontinence: Sudden leakage of urine occurs due to external deterrents or physical disabilities such as not being able to find a toilet.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage.
- Transient incontinence: If urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations such as infections, or new medications.
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are rare in adult males younger than 50 years but increase in incidence thereafter. Causes of adult male UTIs include prostatitis, epididymitis, orchitis, pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, and urinary catheters. Owing to the normal male urinary tract’s many natural defenses to infection, many experts consider UTIs in males, by definition, to be complicated (ie, more likely to be associated with anatomic abnormalities, requiring surgical intervention to prevent sequelae).
Signs and symptoms:
Dysuria is the most frequent chief complaint in men with UTI. The combination of dysuria, urinary frequency, and urinary urgency is about 75% predictive for UTI, whereas the acute onset of hesitancy, urinary dribbling, and slow stream is only about 33% predictive for UTI.
Relevant clinical history includes the following:
Nocturia, gross hematuria, any changes in the color and/or consistency of the urine
Urinary tract abnormalities: Personally and within the family
Comorbid conditions (eg, diabetes )
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status
Immunosuppressive treatments for other conditions (eg, prednisone)
Any previous surgeries or instrumentation involving the urinary tract.
Gud morning sir I had APR rectum laproscopy surgeory last month and now i hav stoma colostomy bag . After my surgeory my urine bag was supposed to be removed .but now its almost 2 months i m unable to pass urine without bag . Plz advise contact no 9052947317
I am 36 Years old . I use to urinate two to three times at night since last week and cause me sleep disturbance. What is the cause of this problem? I also take telma- am for hypertension does it has anything do do with this problem. What should I do?
Hi I am suffering an issue that I am feeling a little pain around my anus while pooping I just noticed its kind of sticky and cannot poop properly. I don't no what kind of problem am I facing now any remedies do I have to take to get rid of this.
I have stone in both kidneys from four years. What should I do? After some time stone gets out but later I forms again. What is the permanent solution to stop making its formation?
What are Kidney Stones?
Kidney stones are one of the most painful disorders that affect humans. Kidney stones are solid masses of mineral salt deposits that are normally filtered through the kidney and emptied via urine. Urine has a natural substance, which dissolves these minerals, thereby preventing them into becoming solids or calculi. Sometimes due to dehydration, these salts don’t get dissolved and crystallization takes place. It grows large enough to obstruct the renal ducts or get stuck in the ureter, causing sharp and severe pain in the urinary tract. Untreated, kidney stones can cause renal failure
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
Boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning.
Basil leaves (Tulsi) are good for the overall health of kidney. Mix 1 teaspoon of juice from basil leaves with 1 teaspoon of honey and have it daily in the morning. You can also chew two to three basil leaves in order to remove the stones from the urinary tract.
The water and potassium content that is present in watermelon is an essential ingredient for a healthy kidney. It helps in regulating and maintaining the level of acid present in the urine. Eating watermelon or drinking its juice everyday will help in flushing out stones from the kidney.
Regular intake of celery helps in clearing the toxins that cause the formation of stones in the kidney.
Drink a glass of tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper every morning. This helps dissolve the mineral salt deposits in the kidney.
Drinking plenty of water daily will produce clear urine each time you urinate. This will eventually help the kidney stones to pass.
Whole wheat bread is a rich source of fiber, nutrients and proteins along with magnesium. Having two to three slices of whole wheat bread daily will help a lot in lowering the risk of kidney stone.
Kidney beans are another effective remedy for treating kidney stones or any kind of bladder problems. You can simply remove the seeds from the pods and slice the pods in the water, allow the water to boil on low flame for an hour until the pods become soft and tender. Strain the liquid and leave till it cools, drink it several times throughout the day to get relief from kidney stones.
A proper diet is essential in keeping the kidney healthy and prevent formation of kidney stones. Drinking plenty of water and other fluids or liquids daily will help prevent most types of kidney stones. Consuming too much of calcium rich foods such as spinach, beet, cauliflower, carrots, almonds, sweet breads, coconut, turnip, Bengal gram, peas, whole-wheat flour and organ meats like liver and kidney can lead to kidney stones. One should also know to choose a diet that is low in salt and animal proteins. Keep away from condiments such as pickle, alcohol drinks, sauce, cucumber, radish, tomato, asparagus, onion, cabbage, meat and gravies as well as carbonated drinks.
Lemon juice contains citric acid that helps break down the calcium-based kidney stones. Drink two to three glass of lemon juice daily. This will help increase the volume of urination, which is really good for those having kidney stones