Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NarasimhaYour feedback matters!
My son is 7 year old male they have high fever every evening last 3 days with cold suggest a good advice for my child.
My daughter is eight months old and is suffering from skin allergy for last fourteen days. symptoms are, red patches on cheeks and folds of arms. Dr. said it may be atopic dermatitis and prescribed some medicines. But till now she has not cured. The red patches temporarily fades away again appears. Please advice how to completely cure and how long will it take to cure as soon as possible. Thanks.
I have a 2 month old baby he's having stuffy nose and it feels there is a little congestion too cuz wen I pick him up I can feel grunting sound from his back what medicine should I give and what should be the room temperature should we use the air conditioner or no.
Hi mere 4 years daughter k near potty area chote chote massa h jo nhi incr ho rahe h n hi decr, skin specialist ko dekhiya wo bol rahe h surgery karene parege pls help it is neccassary or not.
My son aged 12+ years. His urine passes drop by drop in his pants in day time & not in night. How can it be cured?
Hi sir, why most of babies cry at night? I always check her passing urine, nd given mother feed also. But still y? My baby can play by morn to midnight after that she can start crying still at morn 4 am.
Sir, my daughter is three years old and still her voice is not very clear, she cannot speak a sentence clearly. She's very active by nature. Please help i'm worried.
My son is now 6 and half months old. He can not hold his head for long time. He can able to turn to his back but not able to crawl. Is it normal.
My nephew is 8 months old (born on 10th August, 2017). Till date he had undergone four blood transfusion since his birth. haemoglobin comes down every 30-40th day to 7-9 level. We stay at Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh) where no treatment is available for this disease. Doctors has suggested that he should be undergoing blood transfusion throughout his life for survival and he can survive maximum 25 years like this. Please find the attached report of cough. I would be really thankful to you if you can examine his report and help us in any possible way to treat his disease, I would appreciate your confirmation. Father and mother have minor Thalassemia Infant name as in prescription- Baby of Archita (Thalassemia major) Thank You,
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups
In the day and age where technology turns your child into a couch potato, introducing fitness into his/her life can be a real challenge. These trends have slowly given rise to obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure in children- diseases that they were never touched by. So it is very important to introduce fitness into your child’s life, now more than ever.
1. Get involved: It is known that children learn more by example than by instruction. Do fun activities yourself like swimming, playing basketball, going on long walks and take your child along with you. Start small, by doing this at least once a week, and then increase gradually. Not only will this encourage your child to be more fit, it will also create a deeper bond between the two of you.
2. Introduce fun activities: Structured activities such as a sport are great ways of introducing your child to fitness. Enrol your child for some routine sport classes, particularly team sport. This way your child learns essential values such as team spirit, fair play, competition and practice. Plus, it’s a great way to stay in shape.
3. Make exercising fashionable: Children these days are fond of doing things that are ‘in’. Some may want to swing the bat like Dhoni, while others may be more interested in learning Hrithik Roshan’s dance moves. Let your child decide what he wants do according to his style. Celebrity examples can act as motivation.
4. Use fitness as a reward: If you just force your child to go out and play, then chances are you’d be giving rise to resentment and resistance. Don’t use exercise as punishment, make it a reward instead. For instance, treat your child to a break from homework by encouraging him to play ball for half an hour. This strategy might make him/her enjoy the physical activity to the fullest.
5. Let your child take charge: Allow your child to decide what he wants to do in the hours after school rather than you deciding it for him/her. He may decide to cycle, go on a hike, and go for a long run. Letting him/her decide, give away the control over the situation to make him/her more inclined to follow a routine. For younger children it is best for you rationalize their choices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.