Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NarasimhaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 1 year 4 month he don't eat so please suggest which type of food i should give or what I do for him ?
How can I increase sex time by Ayurvedic method. I am 28 male weight 100 kg .and 2.5 years old daughter.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
Which which tests of a 5 months girl baby of approx 6+ kg weight must be done. Even if all the dose are given.
My grandson has club foot (left) from birth. His affected foot was kept in plaster for three months immediately after birth and some exercises later on. Now he is 12 years old and walk freely unless somebody observe carefully. He can't run freely, as foot is never flat on ground. Is there any treatment by Physiotherapy or other way out? I request for response with clarity for future course.
My daughter age is 18 month And 05 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently we take some test. At present Hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. On dated 01/0/2016 HB% becomes down 10.20% RBC-4.18% and some times we give her nebulizer. Most of the time Runny nose itchy eye and regular cold and fever problem. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? On the other hand last 4 months his weight is constant at 9 kg. How we can gain weight my baby. We are worry about that.
Is it ok to make my 13 months old son drink farm milk. Till today we used dexolac formula. Give suggestion.
Sir my 5 months baby girl looks week and she sucking her all finger all time after feeding. Can I give her any other think.
I have 6 month baby, I used diaper every night for him, someone says by using it children lost their sense is it true?
Hi. Actually it is for my daughter who is 15 years old. She has a period problem for, 3 year's but she haven't go to hospital because she won't. In this problem she suffers from great and great pain of stomach. Nd over bleeding falls in during this time. Nd at morning she became very angry. What should I do in this situation without taking her to the hospital.
Hello Sir, I'm 27 years old I have a baby she could be 1/2 years and she is suffering from loose motions and her health is always becoming bad. please give me good medicines and treatment.
My one and a half year old baby boy suddenly felt itchy on buttocks. There were 7_8 red pimples. Den doc gave anti allergic after few days dey are gone but spots remained. Now 4-5 such pimples on his back. This itchiness he feels after sleeping few hours in night. Even though he did not pee in pants that time. Dey are not puss filled. What are they and how can I stop them in future. No new food has been introduced to him as well. Please help. I am very concerned.
At the age of 7 height and weight of my son is much below from minimum required. We give him Buffalo milk, protein biscuits, banana, dates on daily basis. He also go for karate practice in evening daily. His sonography regarding internal body function is normal. He do not eat much as required at this stage. Please guide us to increase his body growth.
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
My 5 years old daughter is having burning sensation while passing urine? Does she have a urine infection? Also she is having frequent urination with only drops of urine coming out?
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.