Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Narasimha MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am from ahmedabad I recently got married, my wife's period date was 11th but due to pooja and wedding function she had taken tablet for extend the period time. after 1 week she had her period. And during this period we had physically without any protection so I give her unwanted 72 tablet, Her period had around 18-24 july, 2016 Now after 1 week she is having bleeding so can you please suggest about it, also I am little bit confused that is she pregnant or Not. Also suggest should I consult or visit gynecologist or not ? Please reply fast on this.
I have pain in my vagina yesterday I did sex so please it's to paining it's not for the first time but yesterday I think I got hurt inside.
Hi my age s 23+ and I am married. From last 1 month I am noticing 2 white pimples in my both inner sides of vaginal lips. It s painless small hard but sometimes itching and burning. I too have excessive white secretion though I clean the area everyday. I am very worried doctor please suggest me some remedy. Is this normal? Anything to worry ?
Hi, my sister is married. She got regular periods n got down between mid of the month always. But this time she got just a very little flow (just a spot) for yesterday n today. What does it mean.
How to keep the kidneys healthy?
1. Prevent or control hypertension, hypercholesterolemia and diabetes.
2. Exercise regularly; at least 30 min per day.
3. Take adequate natural vitamins and minerals in the form of fresh fruits and vegetables (except moderation in leafy vegetables, beans and tomato)
4. Reduce salt intake (<4 g /day).
5. Reduce animal protein (chicken, mutton, fish, milk etc) intake.
How to keep your urine healthy?
1. Drink 3 to 4 litre of fluids/day to keep urine output > 2 to 2.5 litre/day.
Make sure that your urine is not yellowish.
2. Increase good minerals like citrate, potassium and magnesium in urine. All these are abundant in fruits, especially citrus fruits like lemon and orange.
3. Decrease bad minerals like calcium, oxalate, uric acid and sodium in urine.
4. Do not reduce calcium intake too much.
Calcium is required for bones, teeth, muscles etc. Moreover, too much reduction in calcium increases oxalate in urine leading to stones. 2 small glasses of milk per day is acceptable.
5. Non-vegetarian diet increases uric acid production. Reduce them.
6. Tea, coffee, tomato, greens, chocolate and beans are rich in oxalate. Moderation is required.
With all these dietary modifications your kidneys may still be excreting large amounts of bad minerals and less of good minerals due to genetic predisposition. These can be checked in 24 hour urine tests. If so, you may need some special medications to prevent stones. Your endourologist will help you customize your dietary pattern and medications to dissolve and prevent further stones.
Healthy life, healthy kidneys, no more stones!
Today is World Health Day, let's see what is affecting health the most, world over. Our lifestyles, while full of luxuries that can make our lives easier and better in a lot of ways have actually increased our chances of suffering from a plethora of related health conditions. A lot of the diseases we suffer from today are either caused by sedentary lifestyles or the immense pollution that plagues the modern world.
Here are 4 factors of a modern day lifestyle that are ruining your health.
1. Binging on processed and junk foods
Apart from being high in sugar, salt, and fat content, processed foods are chief sources of synthetic food additives. Preservatives, artificial colors, and flavor enhancers are used in most processed foods. Besides the fact that packaged foods are stale, most of them do not go through proper tests to determine their long-term health risks. Usage of various types of chemicals and artificial additives do their part in worsening the case.
2. Use of tablets, computers, and cell phones
One often hears how cell phones lead to disastrous traffic accidents. But most people are unaware that excessive use of cell phones can lead to ear cancer. Besides, it has been found that the signals emitted for telecommunication purposes lead to stunted growths of trees and other agricultural abnormalities, thereby affecting the quality of the food you consume.
Moreover, computers and tablets are making people more engrossed in a virtual world rather than reality, giving rise to feelings of alienation and depression. In fact, addiction to social media is fast becoming one of the major factors of depression amongst teenagers and young adults.
Also, addiction to technological gadgets is fostering laziness in children of today, making them prone to obesity and associated health risks. Children these days rather play games on their phones than play outside, which also hampers their social and interpersonal skills in a negative manner.
3. Modern transport
The polluting effects of vehicles are a well-discussed fact. Fumes emitted from vehicles can give rise to respiratory syndromes. But besides that, cars, bikes and other means of transport are making people lethargic. Instead of walking short distances, people prefer to use automobiles. Most people tend to use elevators and escalators instead of using the stairs. These lead to less physical activities and decreased physical health.
4. Long working hours
Long working hours are another aspect of a modern lifestyle that is leading to a number of health complications in individuals. Not only is sitting long hours in front of the computer screen bad for your eyes, it's bad for your posture too and can give rise to severe neck and back pain along with headaches. Moreover, long working hours add to stress levels, thereby affecting your overall health and making you prone to diseases such as hypertension and heart diseases.
I had given birth to baby on 12/1/16 now I do not need any baby for the period of next 4 year. What to do to prevent from pregnancy?
आपकी आंखें आपके चेहरे की सबसे आकर्षक विशेषताएं हैं। वे केवल एक दृश्य अंग, जो आपको दुनिया को देखने में मदद करता है, से अधिक है। वे मुस्कुराती हैं, हंसती हैं, रोती हैं, जब शब्द विफल होते हैं, तो हमारी आंखें हमारी भावनाओं और विचारों को खूबसूरती से व्यक्त करती हैं। इसलिए, अपनी दृष्टि की रक्षा करना आपकी ज़िंदगी की गुणवत्ता को बनाए रखने में सबसे महत्वपूर्ण चीजों में से एक है।
लेकिन दुर्भाग्य से, ज्यादातर लोग अपनी आंखों के बारे में उतना नहीं सोचते, जितना वे अपने चेहरे पर ध्यान देते हैं। इसके अलावा, हमारी ज़ोरदार जीवनशैली, विषाक्त वातावरण और अनुचित आहार से चीजें बदतर होती हैं। इन सभी चीजों की वजह से, झुर्रियाँ, अंधेरे घेरे, चेहरे की सूजन आदि आजकल आम समस्याएं बन गई हैं। इसके अलावा, उम्र के साथ दृष्टि हानि का जोखिम भी बढ़ता है।
आपकी त्वचा और चेहरे की तरह आपकी आंखों की देखभाल करना, यह सुनिश्चित करेगा कि आप हमेशा सर्वश्रेष्ठ दिखें और महसूस करें। यह उम्र से संबंधित बीमारियों जैसे कि चकत्तेदार अध: पतन, मोतियाबिंद, मधुमेह संबंधी रेटिनोपैथी, मोतियाबिंद आदि से रक्षा में मदद करेगा।
आपकी दृष्टि की रक्षा करने और अपनी आंखों को स्वस्थ रखने के लिए, आप इन सरल चरणों का पालन करें:
1. उपयुक्त आहार:
एक अच्छी नेत्र देखभाल सही आहार से शुरू होती है। विटामिन सी और ई, जस्ता, ल्यूटिन, ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड और एंटीऑक्सिडेंट में समृद्ध आहार आपकी आंखों के लिए बहुत फायदेमंद है और आयु से संबंधित आंख की समस्याओं से बचने में मदद कर सकता है। अपने नियमित आहार में गाजर, चुकंदर, संतरे और हरी पत्तेदार सब्जियों जैसे खाद्य पदार्थों को शामिल करें। ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड में समृद्ध भोजन जैसे कि सैल्मन और ट्यूना खतरनाक धब्बेदार अध: पतन को कम करने में बहुत प्रभावी हैं। एंटीऑक्सिडेंट मोतियाबिंद के जोखिम को कम कर सकते हैं।
2. यूवी प्रकाश से संरक्षण:
धूप का चश्मा रेटिना क्षति को रोकता है। वे झुर्रियों और त्वचा के कैंसर को रोकने के लिए पलक की नाजुक त्वचा की रक्षा भी करते हैं। वे आंख से संबंधित समस्याओं जैसे कि मोतियाबिंद, पिंग्यूक्लुला और चकत्तेदार अध: पतन के जोखिम को कम करने में मदद कर सकते हैं। अच्छी गुणवत्ता वाले धूप का चश्मा पहनें जो कि यूवी किरणों को 99-100% तक ब्लॉक करता है।
3. धूम्रपान छोड़ें:
तंबाकू धूम्रपान सीधे नेत्र समस्याओं सहित कई प्रतिकूल स्वास्थ्य प्रभावों से जुड़ा हुआ है। धूम्रपान करने वालों मोतियाबिंद और धब्बेदार अध: पतन के विकास का उच्च जोखिम भी होता है। इससे ऑप्टिक तंत्रिका क्षति हो सकती है, जिससे अंधापन भी हो सकता है।
4. अपनी आंखों को उचित आराम दें:
आपकी आँखों को भी आपके जैसे आराम की ज़रूरत है। कंप्यूटर या फोन स्क्रीन पर बहुत लंबे समय तक घूरना जैसे ज़ोरदार गतिविधियों से बचें या कम करें। यह आपकी आंखों में तनाव पैदा कर सकता है और धुंधली दृष्टि, शुष्क आँखें, सिरदर्द आदि जैसी समस्याएं पैदा कर सकता है।
इसके अलावा, आप घरेलू उपचार, जैसे आंखों पर ककड़ी के स्लाइस रखना, का उपयोग विश्राम करने की प्रक्रिया को बढ़ाने के लिए कर सकते हैं।
5. नियमित आंखों की जांच कराएँ:
यह सुनिश्चित करने के अलावा कि चश्मा या कॉन्टैक्ट लेन्स के लिए आपका दवा का पचा॔ अद्यतन हैं, नेत्र स्वास्थ्य बनाए रखने के लिए नियमित रूप से आंखों की जांच आवश्यक है। मोतियाबिंद और ए.एम.डी जैसे गंभीर नेत्र परिस्थितियों में से अधिकांश का इलाज आसानी से और सफलतापूर्वक किया जा सकता है, अगर निदान और इलाज जल्दी से किया जाता है। यदि बिना-इलाज छोड़ा जाता है, तो इन रोगों से गंभीर दृष्टि हानि और अंधापन हो सकता है।
इसके अलावा, आंख की पुतली को फैलाने सहित एक व्यापक आंखों की परीक्षा, आंखों के रोग, जो अक्सर कोई चेतावनी नहीं देते हैं, जैसे ग्लोकोमा और उम्र से संबंधित धब्बेदार अध: पतन का पता लगाने में मदद कर सकती है।"
I want to know the reasons for irregular menstruation cycle. I want to know the healthy diet for increasing my hemoglobin and blood purification.
Hello, My name is Sushma I am suffering from vaginal infection since from my delivery. I am cleaning my private parts also cleanly. I consulted a gynecologists before. She gave medicines to insert in to vagina. Then my problem is solved. But after few months again I started to face this problem. But present I have no discharge problem but I am facing only itching. Pls suggest me home remedies to permanently solve this problem.
I have food allergy, can't guess to which food I'll get allergy, doctor prescribed Allegra 180 when ever I get allergy take it after food. If I get allergy when we r planning for pregnancy or while im pregnant is taking Allegra is ok or not. Is there any harm when I take Allegra while I'm pregnant or while im planning for pregnancy.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.