Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Narasimha MurthyYour feedback matters!
Previous month I had a miscarriage due to cervical incompetence. Now my husband is having diabetes. Is it possible to get pregnant next time and how much time will it take for me to conceive and if I get pregnant is there any risk to me and my baby.
Hi I'm 21 years old female. My last period was on 14th of april 2017. Could you please tell me which date will I ovulate? If I want to conceive And how many times should we have sex to become pregnant in month?
Irregular periods for me I got married last year one time I got operation that is 6 months ago so how can I calculate dates to get pregnancy after periods what I have to do.
I am 27 and breast growth is not proper. I want to know if there can be hormonal imbalance and whom should I consult for the same. Can Ayurvedic medicines help in increasing the same? Please reply at your earliest.
Are you worried about the labour pain? It is perhaps the most difficult phase of a woman's life. But today, there is no reason to worry for. Thanks to epidurals, you can give birth to your baby without experiencing the pain involved.
Epidural is the new age anaesthesia. It is used to block pain in a specific region of the body. A patient is not made unconscious fully at the time of any surgery. He or she is given epidural for regional anaesthesia. Its use has become popular during childbirth. A pregnant woman is given epidural at the time of labour or c-section. It provides relief from the pain rather than cutting off the patient's feelings or senses.
Although it has become a widely accepted technique, women worry about the safety of epidurals. They are concerned about the safety of the baby and their health. But it is absolutely safe.
- How do these work?: There are nerves in our body, which carry the pain signals to the brain. These nerves pass through epidural spaces. Therefore, anaesthesia is injected into these spaces to stop the pain signal from reaching the brain. This blocks the pain. If you are pregnant and thinking whether to go for epidural or not, you will have a lot of questions in mind. Here's all that you need to know about epidurals:
- Effect on baby's and mother's health: Use of epidurals tends to increase the time of labour by 20 minutes approximately. The mother may develop fever. However, it blocks the pain. This is some relief to the mother. As there is no pain, stress hormones are not released. Thus, blood will not be diverted from uterus and placenta. Baby's supply of nutrients and oxygen will remain intact.
- How painful it is?: Women mostly worry about the painful insertion of the epidural needle. However, this will not hurt you. A small needle is first inserted to make the area numb. Thereafter the bigger needle is inserted. You may feel the discomfort for five seconds. The epidural medicine starts functioning just after 5 minutes of insertion.
- Procedure: First the patient is made to take the suitable position. While some may be asked to lie sideways, others may be asked to sit straight. The area is cleaned with a solution. The small needle is first inserted to create numbness in the area. Once the area is numb, the bigger needle is inserted. You might feel a pinching sensation. Thereafter, a catheter is threaded to the epidural space, where the nerve carrying signal of pain passes through. Epidural medicines are pushed into the region via the catheter. Epidurals don't affect your nerve endings or spinal cord. They are pushed into the epidural space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 26 year old I have irregular periods problem, my periods usually happen after three to four months. Two year back I got married. And from last one year me and my husband v both are trying. For the baby. I am afraid whether I will get pregnant or not. please help me out.
Hello. I have been suffering from pcos (no periods) and thyroid (under control). I got married. We r trying for a baby. Doctor gave me clomid and hcg injection on 19th day of period and I got conceive after 40 days I got abortion. Doctor told me that you r over weight. Due to over weight I am not able to conceive in 78 now I want to lose 9 to 10 kilos I am doing diet and exercise (45 min per day) but not reducing weight. Pls suggest a diet chart to reduce weight. We r trying for another cycle in August I that mean time I have to loose weight.
Abs Are Made in the Kitchen
Every person hitting the gym for an exhaustive workout has the goal of getting into 6 pack Abs or flaunting one.
The Human body has well-toned muscles, however, it's the layer of fat which causes the muscles to hide. Thus, fat loss is the biggest concern.
Daily diet contributes to 70% and workout contributes to about 30% towards your fitness.
What you eat in 23 hours is more important than banking on that 1 hour spent for a workout. Having said that the role of diet is very clear, however, your workout is also an important aspect as 30% missing cannot complete 100% fitness goal.
My vagina is burning badly. I had sex few weeks ago. After that my vagina started itching. And now, today's morning it started burning badly. I am not able to bear this burning sensation .what should .please tell me some home remedies. And please is there any serious problem .should I go to doctor. thank you.
I did missed abortion due to poor growth of baby after 4 months. Doctor told genetic problem. I did abortion before 2.5month ago.Now again I want to be pregnant. Please suggest time without any problem.
Bananas are one of nature’s great snack foods –
Potassium is an essential mineral which maintains proper heart function and regulates your blood pressure. Potassium-rich foods such as bananas actually offset the effect of sodium (salt) in raising your blood pressure. This, along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.
Increased Energy -
Bananas make a great work snack to combat that mid-afternoon slump. They’re a good choice for weight loss too - a small banana contains about 100 calories and will satisfy your sweet cravings.
If you can replace candy bars and other junk foods with bananas, it’s a helpful step towards losing weight. Not only will your body thank you for the vitamin and mineral boost but the energy release will be much more consistent.
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin B6. This vitamin is important for creating hemoglobin for healthy blood.
Walking during pregnancy is the best cardiovascular exercise. A pregnant women can do it at home or anywhere else. Walking is a great, safe exercise for pregnant women. It’s an ideal way to make sure that you’re getting the exercise you need in pregnancy. Brisk walking works your heart and lungs.
Start with a short, comfortable stroll and gradually increase the duration of the walk.
Once you’ve got into the habit of walking regularly, you can build up to faster, 30-minute walking sessions, four or more times a week.
You can walk for longer than that. Slow down or stop if you feel tired or feel any pain.
Swimming is safe in pregnancy.
Swimming helps to keep you fit, which will make it easier to adapt to pregnancy.
Swimming is a particularly good exercise in pregnancy, as the water helps to support your extra weight.
It’s usually safe for you to swim throughout your pregnancy.
Benefits of swimming:
• improve circulation
• boost heart and lung function
• increase muscle tone and strength
• build endurance
• reduce swelling and fluid retention
• burn calories, which helps to manage weight gain
• promote good sleep.
Yoga in pregnancy
Yoga is a way of life, opt for a beginner’s yoga class that uses a gentle form of yoga.
Wear loose, comfortable, light clothing. Yoga is easier to do if you’re barefoot, so you don’t need any special footwear.
Yoga should be practiced daily. Join regular aerobic exercise too, such as brisk walking or swimming. This will complement your yoga practice and help to develop muscle tone, strength and stamina.
What is pilates?
Pilates makes your body strong, flexible and balanced. It involves a series of movements and positions that help to improve your strength. The movements focus on your tummy, pelvic floor muscles and back muscles, which are all key to good posture, balance and strength. They also help your back and pelvis.
How can pilates help me in pregnancy?
Pilates strengthens your tummy, back and pelvic floor muscles without straining other joints, so it’s a great exercise to do when you’re pregnant. Some research suggests that doing pilates regularly can be as effective as doing pelvic floor exercises.
The main benefit of pilates is that it targets the exact muscles and functions that can be a problem during pregnancy and after birth, in a safe way.
Benefits of pilates:
• strengthen your tummy muscles, which equips your body better to cope with the strains caused by the weight of your growing baby.
• reduces back pain, by exercising the deepest tummy muscles that stabilize your back and pelvis. Weak muscles can lead to back or pelvic pain.
• strengthen your pelvic floor, which will help to support your bowel, bladder and uterus (womb) as your baby grows and moves down.
• pilates exercises strengthen your core and may make you more stable when you walk as your bump grows.
• takes the strain off your back and pelvis, by using positions such as going on your hands and knees, which is a great position for pregnancy.
Aerobic exercise gets your heart beating a little faster, and makes you slightly out of breath.
Doing regular, low-impact aerobic exercise in pregnancy will help you to:
• strengthen your heart and lungs tone your muscles ease pregnancy aches and pains get a better night’s sleep.
• all of this will help you to stay positive and make you better equipped to cope with the demands of pregnancy and birth.
Constipation is a common problem, and everyone experiences it once in a while. Constipation includes bloating, and abdominal pain. The problem often happens because of a low-fiber or high fat diet, lack of exercise, and not drinking enough fluids.
Sources of high-fiber foods include:
All plant foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, pear, dates, apple, sweet potato have fiber. Simple changes in lifestyle can improve your diet and helps relieve constipation.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!