Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NarasaiahYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am 36 years old male and feels pain in my lower feet and in toe also since 5 years and can't stand more time in any where. Pls suggest me what is the problem.
On 1 september, my left hand is fractured. I have taken all the treatment plaster has also open but the pain remains the same. Please provide me the genuine tips.
I am a field person as a marketing executive, last five years. I feel low back pain for last few months in the morning and night time. What I do?
I am a 35 yr old female and have spondylitis for the past two years. There is neck pain and shoulder pain. What should I do?
I have severe back pain since 1 year now the pain increased and now I cannot stand for more time, I can't sleep well. What should I do? My mother said the pain is because, I am going to the gym.
Sir, I have back pain. How to solve the problem. And how to get you are appointment in your hospital.
I am student. Due to long hour sitting, I feel some lower back pain. So how can I reduce it? What type of exercise have I needed?
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from back pain since two months. I consult a doctor and he advised me me to do exercise but I didn't get rid of pain. Please suggest me the best.
I skipped or fall down from bike fours time and I got hurt in left pelvis. I did X-ray but nothing found whereas I am feeling pain always when I walk or sleep and maximum in cold season. So how could I get relief from it. please answer soon and effective.
I am 20 years adult girl. And I suddenly have pain in my middle portion of back. What it is and how it can b treated. Should I go for medicines or not. If yes plzz recommend me some medicine.
Hello, I am having slip disk & Also pain in neck, how to get better as have tried many things but no benefit Kindly suggest.
I have knee problem. There isnot injury just some musel problem. How I make my body joint strong. Is there any good calcium tablets available for bones & joint.
Hi, can people with HLBA 27 positive and diagnosed Ankylosing Spondylitis Go for running/jogging regularly and also do exercises like Surya Namskar which involves a lot of bending. Any diet restrictions to be followed? Appreciate some guidance.
I have low vitamin d , how to improve this deficiency , please advice , my legs got tired when I walk 10 mins , also my knees and foot is jerking , please advice.
I am suffering from knee and toe pain daily basis. Need a consultation and medication to cure permanently.
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Acupuncture: Relieving pressure points which can increase inflammation is also widely used to control pain.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.