Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandyala Padma Priya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nandyala Padma PriyaYour feedback matters!
Most women have their own distinct smell below the belt. It might be a little embarrassing to know that there is a feminine odor, sometimes foul, in the private parts of a lady. But, it is true that this smell can be a cause of concern as well. Vaginal odour is a symptom for sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Besides, a combination of factors including infection of the vaginal tract, unhygiene, gland secretions, sweating and improper clothing are responsible for vaginal odour.
Common reasons for vaginal odour:
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is a very common phenomenon. Vagina contains bacteria, which are produced there naturally. Bacterial vaginosis refers to bacterial overgrowth. It leads to vaginal odour. Most women experience this condition at least once during their lifetime, especially in the reproductive years. Though the exact cause behind its occurrence is unknown, it can occur due to having unprotected sex or frequent douching.
- Yeast Infection: The odour caused due to yeast infection is not very strong. But it has other symptoms like white vaginal discharge and itching. The discharge looks like cottage cheese and is caused due to the excess growth of yeast named Candida. There might be a burning sensation at the time of having sex or urination.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Vaginal odour is a symptom for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Vaginal odour can intensify after having sex. It can also be caused due to inflammation of the pelvic region.
When is vaginal odour a signal for STDs?
Vaginal odour is normal. But, you need to watch out other symptoms to be sure that whether or not you are infected with STDs. If you have vaginal discharge, painful urination and difficulty in having sexual intercourse, there is a possibility of developing STDs. In case of STDs, the discharge is bloody or brown in colour. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have heard that there is a 5 years vaccine available in the hospital for which after injecting such vaccine women cannot be pregnant or deliver a baby for 5 years. Is it true? How much is the approximate cost of such vaccine? Is it available in private clinic also?
Memory problems are a quite common complaint, it is a fact that memory power diminishes with age, but when it incarcerates children and youngsters, it becomes something to seriously watch over. Mother nature has provided us with a number of power-packed natural foods. Various other factors can affect your memory like sleep deprivation, nutritional deficiencies (particularly b vitamins), drinking alcohol and smoking habits and use of certain medications.
Here is one of ancient plus medicinal remedy which will help you to boost and sharpen your memory, try this and see the amazing results you get. Everyone wanted to be genius, scholar. Every parents wants their children to be a genius, so here is one simple, easy, nutritious and memory boosting remedy, to increase yours, your children's memory skills, and cognitive function. Drink this milk daily and see the results within few days.
* Almond - saffron milk - soak 10 almonds in water overnight.
In the next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds. Take a cup of warm milk and add saffron into it. Boil this almonds paste with mixture of milk and saffron. Stir it well and drink once a day.
Almond - saffron milk is an excellent remedy to improve memory, sharpen memory and boost brainpower. They are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that boost memory.
* Due to their rich antioxidant content, almonds are good for your eyes, too.
For better results consult me on lybrate privately. Take care.
I am 22 years female. I am having one and a half month baby. I must go to work. If I cant feed my baby breast cancer will occur or not? please answer me. I dont know to take decision?
I am 22years old 3months ago I was diagnosed with PCOD what precautions should I take and was is the treatment for it? It may be life long or cured? In future do I conceive? And my past history - I hv hypo thyroid since 7years using 125mcg?
I am 30 years old .me and my wife had sex during her period of 5th day. Without using safety and I should not on her vagina outside the vagina is there any chance to get pregnancy.
In first month pregnancy. My doctor have given me folic acid medicine to take. Can I take folic acid. What is folic acid.
Hello sir. Meri wife pregnant ha .pregnant hone ke baad kya kya khana chahiye or kya nahi khana chahiye .bataye sir.
Study has found that inhaled analgesics such as nitrous oxide or a flurane derivative is safe and effective in reducing pain during early stages of labour
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.