Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nandyala Padma PriyaYour feedback matters!
My wife is 52 years now. She reached menopause stage 2 years back. But 3 months back i.e. 17-12-2016 she got post-menopausal bleeding (PMB) which lasted for 7 days. On day 3, she consulted O.G Dr. Who had asked to take USG of abdomen. The scan revealed that liver, GB, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, bladder, uterus& ovaries are found normal. But “bulky cervix" is recorded. My wife continued calcium and other mineral tablets. However she got the PMB second time on 17.01.2017, a month after first and 3rd time on 01.03.2017 i.e. After an interval of 41 days from second. Based on the advice of Dr. On 11.03.2017 fractional Curettages of endocervix, ectocervix and endometrium was done for HP examination. The study revealed polypoidal endocervicitis, degenerative proliferative endometrium, erosion with chronic nonspecific cervicitis. Pl diagnose and suggest suitable advice / treatment to stop further PMB.
Hi doctor I have one month old baby boy and am gaining weight constantly tummy is becoming fat. There is no menstrual discharge also. Kindly suggest me some solution.
Hello mam I had a sex with a prostitute three times however I used condom and it never broke. But still I am afraid of Hiv. Mam are condoms always safe.
I'll be married soon. For safe sex means avoiding the pregnancy condom is better option or pills or any other. Pl suggest.
Whether a women is pregnant, she has a periods or not? If yes, after how many time she dosent have a periods?
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy.
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives.
My wife aged 28 has undergone a surgery to remove a chocolate cyst of size 6-7 cm in n diameter around 10 days ago. What are the chances of occurrence of chocolate cyst (endometriosis) again according to scientific evidence? If next time, we monitor the recurrence by regular sonographical checkups every 3 or 6 months to avoid any more surgeries in future, can we prevent or curb the growth of endometriosis before its grows?
Mera mention period time pr kbi nai aata mai kya kru doctor mai jb tk doctor se concerend nai hoti tb tk her month pe mera period aata hi nai h caahe jitne b din nikl jaaye pls meri help kijiye mai kya kru?
When I got my periods started at that time they were for 5 days .now it is reduce upto 3 days. Why so?
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.