Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandini MundkurYour feedback matters!
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
My baby is 2 month old. She does sleep. She controls her sleep. She falls off to sleep when I am breastfeeding her. The minute I take nipple out of her mouth she wakes up. Is it ok to give her a pacifier to put her to sleep and let the pacifier be in her mouth till she wakes up?
My son of 2 and half years old is healthy but I want him to gain little weight. What food/diet should I give him?
My 2 months baby's body getting sometimes hot and sometimes normal. Don't know why past 3 days it's happening.
My daughter slightly goes motion in her underwear. She doesnot even inform us about it. As a mother I am so worried. I smell it and I will keep her clean. She is 6 years old.
I have a 4 yr old girl. She use to cry always. We I go to convince her she will start crying like any thing. If I try to divert her she will not get diverted until I rise my voice . Some times it even ended in slapping her which I feel very bad on myself and I feel depressed on this act. If I try to convince her with chocolate and other things for even hours also she does not get convinced. And in midnight also she use to cry atleast for half an hour daily. She has very restless sleep in night. How can I help her
Meri gudiya 2 sal ki hai aur bathroom hamesha kapdo Mai hi deti hai. She knows and tell us everything but in case of toilet she doesn't tell us.what can be done
My baby boy is three months old and he is not getting mother feed directly and how he will get start to sick the feed directly.
I have a 4 weeks baby boy. He des breastfeed. My breast milk is not sufficient. Can I give him lactogen1?
Dr. My father age is 62 yrs and he is suffering from IDIOPATHIC PULMONARY FIBROSIS. And also tell us there fibrosis reason is unknown. If there any kind of treatment please tell us.
Hi, My son is 2.5 month old. He looks at my face sometimes. He usually looks all around and even if I keep talking he doesn't look at me. He doesn't turn towards d sound. But he reacts to sound. He stops all his activities and listen to sounds. I am worried why he doesn't look at People faces when we talk. Is this normal for 2.5 old kid.
Giving regular food a twist
Mommas dilemma. How to keep the food healthy and interesting for their children. Kids throw a fit when they are served something they dislike.
You could always have an alternative for'unhealthy' food, and create a healthier and nutrition-rich meal.
Try turning the boring roti and sabzi into a vegetable wrap with loads of salad leaves, tomatoes and onions for the crunchiness.
Cheese and butter are a child's weaknesses. So, how do we make it healthy? for children, any dish with a top-up of cheese is too good to resist. But, you could use paneer instead or if they just can't do without it, try the cheese made from cow's milk.
It's all about giving the regular food a twist, making it look interesting and giving your old recipes a new look. Just a few changes here and there, and you have a healthy version of fast food. So gear up all moms create something healthy n interesting.
Moms are the best cooks after all!