Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NandiniYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
My girlfriend is having something like Vagismus as per symptoms. Few months ago, penetration was so easier during sex. Now I am unable to penetrate like there is no vaginal opening but a week ago we did intercourse after a gap of one month to check whether vaginal opening is there or not. It was there but she was in pain during intercourse. Also I got dot size red spots on Penis after sex which goes away in few days. But it comes back again after intercourse.
I am 22 years old, I have very irregular period it stop for 2 - 3 months and suddenly come back and my FSH and LH level is too high, how will it be normalized and I want to get pregnant.
Nobody wants to be around a dirty or unhygienic person. This is true for children and adults alike. The former can become targets of bullying while the latter may find themselves socially ostracized. Good hygiene not only enhances your overall appearance but also helps prevent diseases and infections, apart from letting you steer clear of unpleasant psychological issues.
Following are some of the major reasons why you must maintain a good personal hygiene:
- Social reasons - You'll hardly find a person who wants to be talked about, particularly in a negative manner. By keeping your body well presented and clean, you can be assured of projecting a confident body image that mirrors your personality.
- Psychological reasons - By being clean and well groomed, you can feel more optimistic, especially in your social circles. Your probability of succeeding in social settings, at work or even in the case of romantic liaisons is likely to get enhanced with good personal hygiene.
Hi I am 28 year old I got sigerian 7 months back. After sigerian my weight had increased. Please give me any suggestions to reduce weight.
Doctor, I either have delayed periods or prolonged periods. I have PCOD. Is that causing this irregularity? Please help and suggest something to recover from it.
Hi iam 25 years old unmarried I have pcos. My doctor advised me to use naturogest 200 mg from 20th day of my period to 25 th day and to continue the process for three months (every month 5 naturogest 200 mg tablets for 3 months. I heard that it increases weight and also gives side effects. Already I had put on my weight due to pcos. At present iam using myonext and got this month period previously I use to find spotting in my period and irregular periods. Is myonext alone sufficient to get regular periods. As you mentioned in your previous answer to use contraceptive pill from 3rd cycle I did not understand this. Why should I use this pill i am an unmarried girl.
I had unprotected sex with my girl friend . On 25th feb 2016 at 1.12am. I am not sure about I had ejaculated inside vagina or not. But still in the morning around 10 am. I gave her i-pill. Her periods date was 1st march. But still she dint starts with the menses. What should I do. And today is 2nd march 2016.
Hi I'm 23 year's old unmarried girl Can I loose 4 kgs in a span of a week Also I'm suffering from PCOS.
My pregnancy three months 12.2.17 ko complete ho jayenge but 2 din se muje vomiting ek din m 10 baar ho rahi m kuch kha bhi nhi paa rahi or bahut weakness feel kar rahi ho suggest me what to do.
I am pregnant with twins. And doc said in 17 weeks there wld cervix stitch and before delivery she wld b giving steroids injection. Are all this necessary? This is my second pregnancy. My 1st kid was born 4 years back thru c-section.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 14th april and had an ipill the same day. My period cycle begins on 5th of every month. I was very regular. I had some bleeding after consuming the ipill for 2-3 days. Today is the 17th and I haven't had any periods since the whole month. I took 2 pregnancy tests but they were both negative. Is there a possibility of me being pregnant? I have sore breasts and I'm very tensed. Please suggest what should I do?
I get pregnant and I want to abort baby and I take medicine like misoprostol by taking this medicine I have my period only two days then after with in three days I test pregnancy test and results come one clear line and one not so clear what to do?
I was having irregular periods because I took ipill my doctor gave me femilon for 21 days when will I have periods again.
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.