Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My period date was 3 but till now it's not happen. I have tested but it is negative. What should I do?
Though we may think of chewing gum as something that is a recent thing for mankind, it is not so. Chewing gum or bark or chicle has been around for centuries now. Even the ancient civilizations like Aztec talk about chewing gums. With a lot of curiosity, studies were conducted to see what other effects chewing gums have.
As early as in 1939, Leta Hollingsworth did some detailed studies and came up with linkages between chewing gum and cognitive functions.
Over the subsequent years, though more detailed understanding of the chewing process and neural pathway is established, more correlation has been established. It has been shown to have benefits on memory, alertness, anxiety, improved learning and memory and hunger management.
What sort of a gum are you chewing, that also decides the effect it has. The texture, the flavor, and the density are some of the parameters that needs to be considered. The most common explanation is that chewing gum improves blood flow to the brain and therefore has these beneficial effects.
Chewing a gum induces what is known as mastication induced arousal. Mastication or chewing in layman terms, of the gum induces production of certain chemicals in the brain and also gives a form of physical exercise that promotes blood flow and thereby, improves performance. What is also interesting is that studies showed improved performance if gum is chewed before the test, but had no significant result if chewed during the test.
Chewing gum is also shown to reduce cortisol levels and that explains why anxiety is better managed by people who constantly chew gum. In addition, for people with depression too, this simple, easily available gum may be the best method of treatment. It has been shown to stimulate the ventral part of the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for causing depression.
In the workplace, it is not uncommon to see chew gums in the midst of meetings to improve their focus. Studies have actually shown a relation between chewing gum and improved focus, productivity, efficiency, and improved professionalism. When a survey was conducted at the end of the day, gum chewers reported higher levels of happiness being at the job and reduced fatigue and stress.
As a next level of confirmation, studies have been done where EEG and MRI scans have been done to establish the relationship between chewing gum and improved brain function. This needs some more corroboration, which will happen in the coming years, but the benefits of chewing a gum are for sure. Further, in order to prevent yourself from various ailments it is advisable to get your complete body check up done.
I have irregular periods and I have sex with my boyfriend he ejaculated for 2 mins and sperm comes out of my begins it didn't enter in my vagina I have taken ipill within 10 hrs and after 6 days I have bleeding like periods but painless. I am two month late for my periods I have done pregnancy test 4 time and all came negative now there is white discharge from vagina. Am I pregnant? Is this kind of discharge normal? please help me.
Agar periods se 1 din pehle pregnancy test kiya jayega aur woh positive ho toh kya woh women pregnant hai. Yes or no answer plss.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and then after 3 hours she took an I-pill for 1st time for safety. After 5-6 days we again had an unprotected intercourse. After few hours of it her periods started. Is there any chance of pregnancy to her?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 24 december and next day 25december she got the period. What should I do now. Worry about getting pregnant.
Fatigue is a common complaint amongst middle aged people. It is mostly seen in people who have refrained from physical activity or working out for long. This being said, there are a host of other diseases where fatigue acts as the most prominent symptom. Some major diseases where fatigue is involved are anemia, heart diseases, thyroid and diabetes. If you are feeling exhausted or worn out even after a good night’s sleep, it is time to consult your doctor. Here are a few tips that can help you in managing fatigue in the early stage:
- Review your existing medication: Get your doctor to check your medication to ensure that the fatigue is not a result of your existing medicine. Doctors often change the medication for any side effects such as this. It is also advised not to take additional medicine to counter fatigue.
- Start moving: Studies show that physical activity greatly boosts the level of energy in an individual. Daily exercise not only reduces fatigue but makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. It increases vigor and the overall quality of life. According to a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, it was seen that people who are more active have more self-confidence.
- Drink water: Dehydration often causes day time fatigue. It not only impairs the physical performance of an individual but also contribute to lack of alertness and motivation. A good indicator of the body’s hydration is the color of the urine. Ideally it should be yellow, pale or straw colored. Any coloration other than this signifies that the body needs more water.
- Hit the bed early: Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors of fatigue. A study conducted by the Stanford University in 2004 showed that people with good sleeping habits suffers from less fatigue. An afternoon nap followed by a coffee further reduces fatigue and energizes a person. 8 hours of sleep is considered to be healthy and keeps fatigue at bay.
- Frequent eating: It is observed that people who eat small meals several times a day are less prone to this condition than others who eat twice or thrice a day but eat bigger meals. Frequent eating maintains a steady blood sugar level and helps a person concentrate harder. This being said, it has to be ensured that food is consumed in smaller quantities to refrain from putting on weight.
- Try Yoga: While any kind of exercise is helpful in countering fatigue, yoga is particularly helpful in boosting energy. A British study conducted among young adults showed that those who attended 6 weeks of yoga classes are found to be more energetic and mindful. Yoga should be practiced under strict supervision of an instructor to avoid any possible complications of the body.
MY question is my periods is miss hai but am not a pregnant can you please tell me why myperiods is late last two month again and again its happened please answer the question thanks.
Here are some tips that will help you to overcome lifestyle diseases
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old having irregular periods. But trying to conceive. Maximum On 20th day of my period I'm getting thick white discharge like curd. Is this my ovulation? Or else how can I found my ovulation time? Please help me asap.
I took an ipill in 12 hours after having unprotected sex with my bf. So what are the chances of pregnancy? is ipill effective?
Respected Doctor, My wife gave birth a female child on Sep. 23.2015. It is a normal delivery. Now almost 4 months have been over. At birth time to reduce the stomach she bandaged by using cloth around her stomach for a 2 months. At that time the stomach is reduced but now the stomach size is being increased where is the wrong? Is there any excersize to do to decrease the stomach or else any other way? Please suggest me.
Hello, I had sex 7 day of my period is it possible can I get pregnant now I feel some symptoms of pregnancy my last period first day is 9 dec and 16 dec I had sex my period cycle is regular I am waiting for result I am diabetic when I check it properly.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.