Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nandan M ShanbhagYour feedback matters!
Lycopene, quercetin, vitamin c and other polyphenols act as potent antioxidants which neutralise free radicals generated in the body, preventing the groth of cancer cells. It has special benefits in prostate cancer. As it contains lycopene, it is beneficial in brast cancer as well.
My father is suffering from cancer (4th stage) he is 72 yr old. Is there any possibilities for his recovery. Please advise . I would be very grateful for your valuable suggestions.
I am 22 years old male and I want to ask you what is blood cancer and how it can be treated and how much money is required for treatment. In my city lots of people's dying due to blood cancer. Is there any medicine available for blood cancer?
Sir I checked my ultrasound and the test report is prostate enlarged grade 2 and I discuss my doctor he say that your there is a swelling in your prostate what can I do for this situation.
I am 62 years Male. I have itching problem on testicles for the last one year. Itching happens only during urination. Infact I have prostate Gland enlargement problem for which I am taking Silodal 8 mg tab.
I am a patient of Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, Knee joint Pain, Severe Constipation besides enlargement of Prostate Gland. First of all I want remedy for constipation and knee pain.Please tell.
I am suffering from prostate enlargement that is frequent urination. It can be cured by medicine permanently precrsibe the medicine.
My husband is 68. He is diabetic for the last 10 years. Till last 2 months back he was energetic and he had been walking a long distance daily. He had no other health problems. But now doctor, he has been suffering from fever for the last 2 months. Even now he is hospitalized. We Consulted doctors here and took ct scan of thorax and abdomen, took pet scan. Doctors said he is having cancer and spread in lymph nodes. So to get a second opinion we consulted the doctors at regional cancer center in our state. They took biopsy from liver and FNA and cytology. In that they said there is no liver cancer. But as the pet scan read a malignant lesion in the liver, the regional cancer center is asking him to repeat the biopsy. Why it is so, doctor? Some people is of opinion that biopsy may not have been from the involved part of liver and a report of that there is no cancer. Will this happen? need to repeat biopsy? please help us Dr. we are all tensed.
Please explain symptoms for large prostrate. When I go for urine it take more time than others is it a large prostrate symptoms or any other disease. My age is 53/male.
My dad is detected with cancer 3rd time he is now diagnosed and cancer is in d-12 area of back. The tumor is very small .Doctor has suggested radiation therapy. Is it safe. Let me mention already my dad's stomach has been removed because of cancer which was diagnosed before. My dad's age is 47 .Please suggest something.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.