Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nandagopal Km
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nandagopal KmYour feedback matters!
Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Have you been trying to find the best solutions to get relief from the allergy symptoms? Although different forms of medicines can be used for treating seasonal allergies, it is important to understand that allergies can be eliminated by building the body’s immunity against them. Here are five tips you can follow to boost your immune system to get rid of the seasonal allergies.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is considered to be the best way to change the way your immune system responds to allergens such as ragweed and pollen. Immunotherapy is the prevention or treatment of disease with substances that stimulate the immune response. The amounts are increased gradually. The immune system gets desensitised due to this treatment. This treatment is ideal for people who suffer from allergies all year round.
- Meditation: Increased amount of stress worsens existing allergies by upsetting the balance of substances in the body controlling your immune response. Meditation is a great way to eliminate stress and helps in relieving anxiety. Regular meditation will keep you free from allergies.
- Healthy lifestyle: Maintaining a healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the effects of seasonal allergies. If you watch your weight and keep your body in shape by exercising regularly, you will lead a healthy life and be able to withstand the effects of allergies. In case you are sensitive to allergens like pollen, which are present outdoors, you should exercise indoors. You can continue with your medication while following this healthy regime.
- Control your surroundings: Creating an environment in order to minimise the amount of allergens is an ideal way to stay away from allergies and allergy symptoms. You can use an air conditioner to control the temperature instead of keeping the windows open. You should wear a protective mask and gloves while gardening and always change your clothes before entering your home.
- Laugh: According to research, humour and laughter may increase your immune functions as these increase the level of immunoglobulin A in the body. This is a protein present in the eyes, throat, ears, nose and mouth, which helps in protection against infections. Have a good laugh and stay preoccupied with things which will keep you happy and laughing.
In many cases, your immune system fails to put up a good fight against seasonal allergies. In such situations, you have to take allergy medication to fight the infections.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Last month on March 3 I had a pre-term delivery. I had a bleeding till yesterday. So can I have sex tomorrow or I should wait for sometime. And if I do sex tomorrow does the again vaginal bleeding will start? For how much time should I wait to have sex bcz it's almost 7 weeks.
Hello Am 23 year old, I missed my period its more then 19 DAYS I CHECKED 5 times prega pregnancy test it is negative still is their any chances that result would be wrong I am not getting my period. Or except pregnancy their would be another reason of missing period, please let me know it not pregnancy.
I am 43yrs old female. Meri shadi ko 3 saal ho gaye h. Mera first miscarriage last nov. 2014 me ho gaya tha. Meri right side ki tube blocked h. Periods mera 20 aug. Ko hona tha jo nikal chuka h. Mene aaj ki date tak five times urine test kiya h jo negative aya h. please Mujhe batao ki kya m pregnant hu.
Hi I am madhu I missed my periods but pregnancy test were negative my last date of period is 17 dec 2016 I hav all ready a irregular periods what can I doo I had already 2 miscarriage in 2013 in 2015 and I am thyroid patient.
Hi doc I had my anomaly scan on 20th week 3rd day. My baby's weight showed as 371 gms. My gyn told me to watch the weight of the baby. When I asked a junior doc she told it should be around 500gm. So my concern is whether my baby is underweight or is the weight normal. Please somebody help? :(
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
3. Other common symptoms include lumpy formations, wedges, burning sensation especially during breast feeding.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.
My wife has not got her periods in this month and her date was 1st of March, she is facing tiredness and nausea. We had unprotected sex before 5-6 days and she had taken unwanted 72 pill the very next day. Is there any probability of getting pregnant? Kindly Revert.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
Hello doctors. I am nine week pregnant. L feel my eyes often pains sometimes along with headache. I am suffering from severe backache as well. Please let me know if I am lacking vitamins. Do I need to take any extra intakes of medicines. My food cravings are not allowing me to eat anything except fruits n curd. Lemme know what can I do to help me an my unborn baby's growth & health.
Hello Doc, can I take hot water bath before sleep in periods? Would it be useful for body ache due to periods?
Uterine cancer of cancer of the uterus is a fairly common type of cancer. In fact, this is the fourth most common type of cancer to affect women. This type of cancer is usually diagnosed in its early stages and hence can be easily treated. However, did you know that this type of cancer can be prevented? This is primarily because most cases of uterine cancer are caused by an increased amount of estrogen as compared to progestin. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Birth control pills: The regular use of birth control pills for at least a year is believed to reduce the risk of uterine cancer by at least 50%. The longer these contraceptives are used for, the more effective they are. The protection provided by them lasts for 15 years after their use has been discontinued.
- Reduce weight: Being overweight not only increases the risk of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure but can also increase a woman’s risk of suffering from uterine cancer. This is because fat cells produce estrogen that further dis-balances the estrogen to progestin ratio. Reducing weight can thus help lower the estrogen levels in the body and prevent cancer. To lose weight, one must keep a strict control over portion sizes, eat nutritious food and exercise regularly.
- Use an IUD: Some methods of contraception not only prevent unwanted pregnancy but also reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Many IUDs or Intrauterine Devices contain progestin. This helps balance the estrogen and progestin levels in the body. Additionally, it also reduces the risk of hyperplasia. This is a condition marked by the abnormal thickening of the lining of the uterus. In many cases, this condition is a precursor to uterine cancer.
- Question Your Family: Genetics can also influence the risk of developing uterine cancer. For example, people carrying the gene responsible for Lynch Syndrome or hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer have a much higher risk of uterine cancer as compared to others. Thus, if you know of family members who have suffered or are suffering from uterine or colon cancer, it is a good idea to undergo genetic testing.
- Broccoli - A super food: Some foods can also help strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Broccoli is one such vegetable. This is known as a super food that can prevent cancer. The best way to eat broccoli is by steaming it. This has the higher amounts of glucosinolate as compared to fried or boiled broccoli. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Before starting out for a walk, relax and take a deep breath and fill your lungs with fresh air which will move them into their most efficient position. After you exhale, maintain the chest in this position with shoulders down and slightly back throughout the walk.