Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Nanda Kumar BhairiYour feedback matters!
I am a student. I have severe pain for my backbone for last two years. What is the best way to get released from the disease. Please help me.
My right leg's thumb has very heavy pain when I touch it so any pain relief cream I can use for it, Please advise.
Hi I am 30 years old. I am hard worker so in daily night I got back pain issue so I can not I use pain killer and move spray but they didn't work well. What should I have to please suggest me some solution?
Iam 28years male old and i am suffering from backache and neck and shoulder pain for past one months i am travelling monthly twice for 4 days because of my job is that the reason for my backache? What should I do?
I am 23 years old. For last 3 days I could not sleep due to muscle pain. Is their any solution for my problem?
My mom is having rheumatoid arthritis positive, form more then 3 years, also done joint replacement. What is precaution and how to improve it. Continue of exercise, diet what will be best for her and how to be fit. Her age is 59 at present and in winter she really gets frustrated, we keep her warm but arthritis is such a problem, so what will be best for her and future. Remedies is very much needed. Thanks. Hope she will get her problem solved and have a steady health life. Due to above also give some exercise tips, diet food.
I am 30 years old I am suffering from back bone then I have treatment for many doctors I have suffering from 1 years and not relief my pain please give me a best solution.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.