Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nanda Babu
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nanda BabuYour feedback matters!
Hi I have 7 inches scar over my left arm, I don't want diagnose it, it is 8 year old, it looks ugly, I want to hide it by wearing something skin like product so that it may be recognized very hardly please don't suggest me medical treatment I ever receiving by various doctors, please suggest me such product which can be wear, wash and reused.
He has a black patch like dark spotted on his tongue, I asked my frnd that he tells disastrous. I am afraid of something wrong. please tell me problem and precautions.
Hi sir, I have made a tattoo one month back on my hand which is below little finger But on that particular area infection occurred. please suggest me what needs to be done. please help me for that
Hello Doctors, From last one and half year, I started observing dark marks on my both cheeks, I tried many home remedies to cure this. But still black marks are there, and it is getting dark day by day. I used to do threading on my cheeks, but from last 1 and half year I am not doing this, but when I started feeling marks I stopped to do threading. Please guide me what I should do? One of my friend suggested me to use Nometasone Furoate crameam on these marks. Is it ok to use this or can you suggest me some ways to cure it
A facelift is a procedure which is more commonly known as a rhytidectomy in medical terms. This is a cosmetic surgery which reshapes one-third of the lower face by eradicating excess skin from the face. Few procedures include tightening of the underlying tissues. This procedure is combined with other procedures to ensure younger looking skin. Foreheads, eyes, brows and cheeks are tweaked to achieve great results.
Purpose of a facelift:
- To get rid of the self-consciousness due to the sagging skin of the neck and the face
- To get rid of the scarves and the turtlenecks in order to hide the ageing neck
- To get rid of the ageing appearance that negatively affects relationship and career
- To get a positive vibe about the new face
Traditional facelifting procedure:
The traditional procedure-An incision is created near the ear and the same is extended up to the hairline. The incision is then stretched upward-downward and below the ear in order to remove the excess skin in the face. This procedure is also capable of tightening the deeper tissues. Once the procedure is completed, it is closed with staples and sutures. For removal of the excess fluid and the blood, sometimes a drainage tube is created behind the ear. The latter is removed after a couple of days of the procedure.
Some of the newer surgical procedures of facelifts include:
- Endoscopy: Endoscopic treatments are extensively used to perform brow lifts and facelifts. They deploy smaller incisions making sure that the tissues are less traumatised and the recovery time is faster. Facial structures get raised without the need of cutting the multi fold skin.
- Lasers: Lasers are used for performing techniques such as brow laser neck, resurfacing and jaw liposculpture . The best about this procedure is the fact that only a one inch incision is made near the chin area thus avoiding any possibility of complications. It involves the usage of local anaesthetic and ensures a faster recovery time.
- Liposuction: This procedure focuses on removing fat cells from the face. IT is generally performed in between the neck and the chin. This procedure can be performed in addition to a facelift or as a standalone procedure.
Duration and complexity: The duration of a facelift operation lasts from 2 to 5 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure. The doctor might choose to perform the procedure in and OPD with low to medium sedatives in order to make the patient calm down. For more complicated procedures, general anaesthesia is required and an overnight stay in the hospital is recommended.
Recovery: In order to relieve tenderness, doctors often prescribe medication for a week. The sutures are removed with 6-10 days after the procedure. Recovery time for a patient is no more than 1 week. There could be a little discomfort along with swelling and bruising after the procedure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Had an accident and I had stitches on my right cheek due to which my nose is stretched and it looks very bad Will my nose recover or it will be the same
my son is suffering problem in hair with raddish, itching, dandruff, pain likewise psoriasis or egzema. have u treatment of it.
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
Dear greetings my younger sister suffering a white spot problem for last 2+ years. She take the homeopathic treatment. So please let me share relevant treatment.
I have black circles on eyes since last four years and hair falling problems and pimples problem. please give me solution.
I have black spot in my face l used cream but no changes my face how used to cream that my pimple clear.
I am 20 years male. I am suffering from sun tan. My skin tone is fair but being liable to exposure to sunlight, I am getting darker. Please doctor I want some fruitful suggestions to get my skin tone back.
Hi. My name is Akanksha. I am 20 years old. My skin is oily. I have acne and many scars on my face. Please tell me how to get rid of them. I want my skin clean.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.
I have red face and have rashes and sleeping sickness what can I do for this please help me I'm in depression help
Acne and pimples do not usually have easy solutions or quick remedies.When it comes to treatment of acnes and pimples, Homeopathic medicines are considered the most effective and paramount. Homeopathic cure does not intend to quick-fix acne and pimples. The objective being the correction of inner causes, it allows the pimples to heal slowly on their own instead of taking any medicine of high dose.
Homeopathy is, the best way to cure acnes and pimples. Popular Homeopathic Remedies for Acne and Pimples Here is a list of the most common solutions for acne and pimples and what they indicate:
1. Pulsatilla - For cases where the intake of rich junk food and indigestion are the causes of acne.
- Also in cases of girls suffering from menstrual problems
- Symptoms include decreased thirst.
- Patient is usually very sensitive to heat
2. Sulphur- It is a very common cure, especially for chronic cases of acne
- The eruptions cause great pain.
- They are present in the form of abscesses.
- Patient is vulnerable to cold and pain. Increased rate of perspiration.- Patient tends to get agitated and irritated very easily
3. Silicea- In cases where there is pus formation
- The best homeopathic medicine for acne
- Increased rate of perspiration. The patient cannot bear cold at all.
- Skin turns pale and tender.
4. Antimonium Crudum- Formation of tiny red pimples all over the face
- Very irritable in nature
- Arthritic pain in fingers and loss of appetite
- White, thick coating on tongue
5. Nux Vomica- For cases where acne formation is because of gastric disruptions.
- Skin seems to appear red and blotchy
- Caused because of having too much spicy food
- Signs of constipation and over sensitiveness to cold
6. Bovista- Formed due to cosmetic use, especially during summer
- Skin tends to itch
- Cheeks swell up and become pale
- Makes patient restless.
Homeopathy is certainly the best way to deal with and to get rid of unwanted, ugly acne, which ruin your face.