Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Namrita BoppannaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I have my uvula elongated from 3 years. Is it a kind of problem to be worried about. I have problems with during cold.
Sir I am surfing of fever, my left nose very pain and head also pain I eaten tablet cetrizine but cannot work what can I do.
I am suffering from minor pain in my left ear from last 4-5 months. It feels like something is there in my ear. I haven't got any injury though its paining. I also consult to doctor, but no conclusion. What to do, please elaborate. Can I use Mustard oil in my ear.
I have been getting headaches for about a year and a half now I get them everyday they can get very bad to the point I cry I've been getting sore throats a lot recently have had strep a bunch and I just recently got blurred blurred vision feel like I'm going to pass out got very hot and my head is killing me what should I do what could this be.
My son is 3 & 1/2 years old. He has throat problem since last six months and taken antibiotics (Amoxicillin +Clavulanic Acid) 3 times during this period. Every time he complaints of runny nose sometimes block nose, chest infection, throat pain, enlarged tonsils, tongue papilla enlarged, with high fever. This is repeating frequently almost every 2-3 months. Kindly suggest.
Hi doctor a very good morning 2 months before I was having a feeling that I will die and after that I got an attack on the evening while I was on gym I got dizziness and my heart was beating very fast and headache and I was breathing very fast and confusion and after that after 3 day I got same attack in evening when I investigate doc said that there is nothing its normal and after that I had done ct brain which is report to be normal and my ct pns shows mild deviated nasal septum towards left and right maxillary sinusitus I had taken medicine from last two months but now also iam having headache and iam feeling that I will die iam having confusion I am feeling worry and totally lost now iam taking antidepressant pill for last 5 days but then also iam having headache. Is it due to my thinking am I depressed. Pls help iam going crazy because of this.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.