Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namreen Nikhath
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Namreen NikhathYour feedback matters!
I am having this problem. should I take maxgalin 75 and what dosage I have RLS too and have sleepless nights due this. Lot of sweating at night. And have problem controlling urine. TSH 9.
I am a mother of 2.5 years old I am having little pain and discomfort in my upper abdomen from past 1 week. When I take gelusil or eno its normal otherwise it again starts. Also I have a small 1 cm kind of red painful lump near my anus from 3 days. Are they related. How can I remove the discomfort in my stomach.
I have a problem in my ears since morning what should I do please tell me and also suffering from hair fall its a very big problem for me and some time my eyes are red &pain also.
I am having fever from yesterday night .102 degree what should I do my exams r dre I want to cure as fast as it possible please help.
Hi I'm 28 years old house wife. I don't have menstrual from last 2 months and I have check I don't have pregnancy also. I've thyroid problem and pcos problem. What can I do now?
The same process that creates heart disease may also cause erectile dysfunction, only earlier.
Erectile dysfunction — the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex — can be an early warning sign of current or future Understand the connection and what you can do about it.
How are erectile dysfunction and heart problems linked?
In the past, the buildup of plaques in the arteries of your body was believed to be the reason why erectile dysfunction often precedes heart problems. The idea was that plaque buildup reduces blood flow in the penis, making an erection difficult.
However, experts now believe that erectile dysfunction preceding heart problems is more often due to the dysfunction of the inner lining of the blood vessels (endothelium) and smooth muscle. Endothelial dysfunction causes inadequate blood supply to the heart and impaired blood flow to the penis, and aids in the development of atherosclerosis.
How strong is the connection between erectile dysfunction and heart problems?
Erectile dysfunction does not always indicate an underlying heart problem. However, research suggests that men with erectile dysfunction who have no obvious cause, such as trauma, and who have no symptoms of heart problems should be screened for heart disease too.
What are the risk factors?
Besides sharing a common disease process, erectile dysfunction and heart disease also share many risk factors, including:
- Diabetes. Men who have diabetes are at high risk of erectile dysfunction and heart disease.
- Tobacco use. Smoking increases your risk of developing vascular disease and can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Alcohol Use. Drinking too much alcohol can cause heart disease and might contribute to other causes of heart disease, such as high blood pressure or abnormal cholesterol. Alcohol also impairs erections.
- High blood pressure. Over time, high blood pressure damages the lining of your arteries and accelerates the process of vascular disease. Certain high blood pressure medications, such as thiazide diuretics, can also affect sexual function.
- High cholesterol. A high level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol can lead to atherosclerosis.
- Age. As you get older, erections might take longer to develop and might not be as firm. The younger you are, the more likely that erectile dysfunction signals a risk of heart disease. Men younger than 50 are at especially high risk. In men older than 70, erectile dysfunction is much less likely to be a sign of heart disease.
- Obesity. Excess weight typically worsens other risk factors for heart disease.
- Low testosterone. Men with low testosterone have higher rates of erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease compared to men with normal testosterone levels.
What are the treatment options for erectile dysfunction caused by heart disease?
If your doctor thinks you might be at risk of ED or heart disease, consider making lifestyle changes. Increase your physical activity, maintain a healthy weight, stop smoking and drinking. However, further tests or treatment might be needed if you have more-serious signs and symptoms of ED.
If you have both erectile dysfunction and heart disease, talk to your doctor about treatment options. If you take certain heart medications, especially nitrates, it is not safe to use many of the medications used to treat erectile dysfunction. Consult a sexologist at the earliest as it could save your life by many years.