Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NamitaYour feedback matters!
I do toothbrush twice in a day even than I feel bad breath. I want fresh breathing all time even after sleep. What will I do?
Most toothache pain is sharp, throbbing, shooting, or constant. In rare cases if the tooth is not properly treated, it will eventually have to be extracted. So with that being said how can someone treat a toothache at home with natural home remedies?
Below are 6 toothache home remedies you can try.
Remedies for Tooth ache using Garlic
Among the most effective home remedies for toothache is garlic. A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it. A clove should also be chewed daily in the morning. It will make the cure teeth making it strong and healthy.
Toothache cure using Asafoetida
The use of asafoetida has been found useful in curing toothache. It should be pestled in lemon Juice and slightly heated. A cotton swab should be soaked in this lotion and placed in the cavity of the tooth. It will relieve pain quickly.
Remedies for Tooth ache using Lime
Lime, as a rich source of vitamin C, is useful in maintaining the health of the teeth and other bones of the body. It prevents decay and loosening of the teeth, dental caries, toothache, and bleeding of the gums
Toothache relief using Onion
Latest research has confirmed the bactericidal properties of onion. If a person consumes one raw onion every day by thorough mastication, he will be protected from host of tooth disorders. Chewing raw onion for three minutes is sufficient to kill all the germs in the mouth. Toothache is often allayed by placing a small piece of onion on the bad tooth or gum.
Remedies for Toothache using Pepper
A mixture of a pinch of pepper powder and a quarter teaspoon of common salt is an excellent dentrifice. Its daily use prevents dental cavities, foul breath, bleeding from the gums, painful gums, and toothaches. It cures the increased sensitiveness of the teeth. A pinch of pepper powder mixed with clove oil can be put on the cavities to alleviate the toothache.
Toothache cure using Wheat Grass The juice of wheat grass acts as an excellent mouthwash for tooth decay and cures toothaches. Wheat grass can be chewed with beneficial results. It draws out toxins from the gums and thus checks bacterial growth.
I have problem with my wisdom tooth onto my left jaw. Fully not grown and out also. Since its growth is not upward and growing down side. Its like pushing my next tooth and paining a lot What can be the best remedy get relief from this pain with in time. Since I have exam going on. So that I can consult doctor later.
Sir, is there any problem when the lower molar tooth, which is a hole in large, are plucked in my 4 year old child. Please advise.
I have infection in my wisdom teeth. Doctors say that it needs to be operated. I feel its quite risky. I am facing severe pain in my mouth. Tell me what to do.
Hi, I am getting an mouth ulcer on monthly basis. If it comes, it will be 3 to 4 ulcer at mouth. It is very painful. Pls suggest some pills and gel.
Left wisdom tooth lower fractured and the root part is inside the gum and the gum is closed givin me no pain or swelling i am 72 years old now if i dont remove the root part surgically what will happen?please suggest.
The toothbrush is an important usable cleaning instrument, which we use regularly. Most people start their morning with the use of a toothbrush. It is not confirmed when the first toothbrush was invented, however it is supposed that around 3000 BC the first toothbrush came up in the form of a chew stick, which was used by ancient civilians. It was in the shape of a slim stick with a frayed end. Another early form of toothbrush was the bristle toothbrush. It was similar to what we use today, but this toothbrush was made up of solid hog's hairs connected to a handle made of bamboo or bone. The nylon-bristled toothbrush was introduced in 1938, and was rapidly accepted due to its good oral hygiene quality.
A revolution came in the market of America with the origin of electric toothbrushes in 1960. These toothbrushes were sold and produced on a mass level throughout the country.
Initially, the electronic toothbrush along with charger was invented in 1939 in Switzerland, but it did not come out in the open market until 1960. It was in 1961 when the company 'General Electric' came up with the rechargeable cordless toothbrush. The first rotary toothbrush, called the 'Interplak' became available to the general public in 1987. It was available in different models and varieties. It was believed that the Interplak was capable to eliminate plaque, and could prevent gingival bleeding better than other manual toothbrushes.
Nowadays, a number of varieties of toothbrushes can be found in the market at a large scale. Toothbrushes are used with fluoride for cleaning. Generally, dentists recommend the use of soft toothbrushes because hard toothbrushes can cause damage to your teeth. Soft bristles are also considered good at eliminating plaque and debris from the teeth. Besides this, dentists recommend the use of a small-handled toothbrush, as it can reach easily at each and every corner of your mouth. Toothbrushes are generally made of synthetic materials.
As there is such a wide variety of toothbrushes available today, this can create confusion for you when buying. Therefore it is necessary to consider that what kind of toothbrush will best suit your teeth. As an alternative, you can also use a powered toothbrush for cleaning your teeth, especially if you experience difficulties during brushing. You should replace your toothbrush within three months.
It is important that you are using a good quality toothbrush and changing it frequently. Undoubtedly, you would not like to have any diseases in your teeth, so by brushing regularly you can maintain healthy teeth as well as an attractive smile.
I am 22 years old. I am having teeth pain and some teeth are yellow in colour inner side of the teeth. How can overcome this.
Steps to Reduce Tooth Sensitivity
The good news is there are many ways to control sensitive teeth. You can:
Brush and floss regularly. Use proper brushing and flossing techniques to thoroughly clean all parts of your teeth and mouth.
Use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush gently and carefully around the gum line so you don’t remove gum tissue.
Use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Several brands are available. Regular use should make teeth less sensitive. You may need to try several brands to find the product that works best for you. Another tip: Spread a thin layer on the exposed tooth roots with your finger or a Q-tip before you go to bed. Use a fluoridated toothpaste, not a tartar control one.
Watch what you eat. Avoid lots of highly acidic foods and drinks.
Use fluoridated dental products. Using a fluoridated mouth rinse daily can decrease sensitivity. Ask your dentist about products available for home use.
Don’t grind your teeth. Use a mouth guard at night.
See your dentist every 6 months (or sooner, depending on your condition).
If you still have discomfort, talk to your dentist. There may be a procedure that can help. He might recommend:
White fillings(bonding) to cover exposed root surfaces
Fluoride varnishes applied to the exposed root surface
Dentin sealers applied to the exposed root surface
Hello, Mujhe 2 years se Plunging Ranula hai and it is increasing fastly under my throat and mouth. Maine bahot sare doctors se consult kiya hai par sabhi ek hi baat bol rahe hai ki mujhe operation se ranula nikalvana padege. But I am afraid ki operation se mere face me koi kharabi naa aa jaye. So please tell me is there any natural way to cure ranula?
Hii sir. I have a problem in facing blood coming from gums and full teeth is visible and bleeding is coming a lot. I went to checkup but they gave tooth paste name senquel-f but it's not solve what should I do for the bleeding please help me.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.