Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NamitaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old. I remove on top last teeth in last 2 mnt , now i have near teeth hole what can i do
Gingivitis is a disorder, which is characterized by inflammation, swelling and irritation in the gums. Usually, the symptoms of this disorder are mild, so you might not pay much heed to them. However, if left untreated, this condition can result in other serious disorders, such as teeth loss and periodontitis. The primary cause of gingivitis is an improper oral hygiene.
The symptoms of gingivitis are:
- Red gums that bleed easily
- Swelling in the gums
- Tender gums that are receding
- You may have bad breath
- You may bleed from your gums during brushing and flossing
Causes: The most common cause of this disorder is bad oral hygiene, which facilitates the formation of plaque on your teeth. If the foods you eat contain excess sugar, the bacteria in your mouth may interact with them to produce acid (plaque) if you don't manage to maintain good oral habits. If not removed, the plaque can turn into tartar; plaque can be difficult to get rid of as tartar.
Treatment: The treatment for gingivitis usually begins with an initial evaluation and a professional cleaning to get rid of the tartar. You should use proper brushing and flossing techniques to prevent the recurrence of plaque. You should also follow up with the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups.
Scaling is the procedure by which the plaque from the teeth is removed. If the sources of problems are misaligned teeth and poorly fitted dentures, then these need to be fixed. There are certain home remedies for gingivitis such as:
- Use toothbrush that has soft bristles
- Visit a dentist for regular oral check- ups, it is very essential for the upkeep of sound oral health
- Regular flossing can help
- Use a non-alcoholic mouthwash which can help in removal of cavities and plaque to a certain extent, though not majorly
- Use fluoride based toothpaste to brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Clean your teeth regularly, avoid eating foods laden with sugar and eat plenty of vegetables
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments?
I'm suffering from tooth ache and my head is paining badly please help me out with medicines or any other thing.
Hi, I am having a small ball like bumps inside my lower lip. So Please tell me what is that? Is it normal or any issue.
Is it ok to have bleeding while applying candid mouth paint? I am suffering from full mouth oral thrush.
My 3rd molar tooth is erupting from 1yr. I am not taking any medication regarding the inflammation (its not severe) or pain. Should I take it seriously or will it subside by time?
I have tooth pain about 3 days while rtc already done. Bt tooth pain is regular, taking pain killer to give relief for some hours bt after some time too much pain feeling in last tooth.
My mouth got sore in the right cheek around wisdom teeth. It is really painful. The area is not red but white in colour. Been using ORASORE ointment. It gives short relief but the pain is back. Unable to eat properly. Its been a week already. Please help. I have pictures if you want to see.
I am 24 years male, after cleaning my tongue with brush while i'm spiting out I will see blood coming out with saliva, is it a Major problem should I consult my family doctor please suggest me what I can I do.
My daughter teeth was damaged due to she was eating chocolate every day. Which tooth paste is perfect? Please advise sir.
Visit your dentist for regular advice and cleaning tips
Introduce your child to the sights and sounds of the dental practice at an early age to allay any dental phobia that might develop. Take them with you when you go for a check-up
Wean your baby off the bottle early to avoid them developing dental problems.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"