Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini KumariYour feedback matters!
I want to keep pregnancy .but within my volution period I am suffering from cold so I taken claromox tablet 3 days or also other tablets given by doctor. Can that tablets effects on keeping pregnancy?
I have been suffering from throat infection and cold from past 3 weeks. I took taximo 200, azax 250 and clavam 625 for 2 days. It got better. Now from past 4 days I have been coughing like crazy. Throat pain, cold, continuous cough at times feel like vomiting, 102.4 fever. I consulted a general physician he gave me the following medicine and asked me to take it twice a day: Bolus -D Solvin Dolo 650 Clavam 625 Ambrolite D syrup I have taken 5 dose of the above medicine. Keeping black pepper in my mouth throughout the day and night, applied warm ghee on my neck, had mulethi pan, had salted warm Water. Nothing is helping. I feel that If this cough is not going to stop them I will die. I am on my first day of periods. My stomach muscles are paining like hell because of coughing. Please suggest a quick remedy.
My parents took me to a homeopathy doctor to know why I am gaining weight gradually. Through scan reports we came know I have thyroid initial stage (started at the age 12 then treated got cured completely) and PCOS. I am gaining weight even if I am on my diet. What is Pcos? What are the causes? Is that dangerous? What I have to do to loose weight?
Drug abuse is characterized by the excessive use of illegal drugs, prescription drugs or even over-the-counter drugs. Drug abuse eventually leads to drug dependency whereby the drug begins to take control over you and affects your daily activities as well as your physical health.
Treatment of drug abuse normally involves a series of steps to be undertaken. These are:
- Group therapy
- Drug addiction
Furthermore, treatment of drug abuse generally follows a 12-step program which continues even after the treatment as a part of the recovery process.
Detoxification, or simply detox, is a procedure involving medical care while attempting to deal with withdrawal symptoms after your initial break from drug use. Since dealing with withdrawal symptoms can be quite problematic, you will certainly have to consult a doctor who will probably prescribe you certain medications.
There are different types of therapy needed to overcome the problem of drug abuse. These include:
- Group therapy, where you can interact your problems with other people who are going through the same ordeal.
- Motivational interviewing (mi), where you can resolve mixed feelings with regard to quitting and treatment.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), where you can learn to take control over your actions as well as change your thought and behavior pattern in order to adjust to a drug-free life.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (met), where motivational interviewing is used to help give you more motivation with respect to quitting drug consumption.
- Family counseling, or even couples therapy, where you can learn how to stay drug-free as well as improve your relationship with your family members or with your partner.
Treatment programs are often similar to therapies and are classified into three types:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Residential treatment.
Dear, sir/madam Pls answer my question, My girl friend is missing her regular periods and she doubts that she might be pregnant. She doesn't want a baby now. How to avoid this pregnancy, now what she have to do madam.
Sir, i'm 27 years old. I have thyroid problem last 8 month. My Doctor suggest me thyronorm 50, rejumet sr 1000, obifi, how to get pregnant fast pls tel me.
1. What is Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)? When is it recommended?
IUI is a procedure where semen is instilled inside the uterus of a woman after it has been processed in the laboratory. IUI is done at the time of ovulation.
It is recommended in cases of male factor infertility like low sperm counts or motility and also in case of unexplained infertility so as to improve the chances of pregnancy.
2. How does IUI increase the chance of pregnancy?
In IUI, the washed sperms are deposited directly into the uterus at the time of ovulation. By this, there are more chances for gametes (eggs and sperms) to fertilise and cause pregnancy.
3. What is the best period to do an IUI?
The best period to do an IUI is immediately after ovulation (egg release).
4. How is it performed? Or Description of IUI procedure in brief?
IUI is a simple, non-painful procedure. Firstly, the husband's semen is collected and then prepared in the laboratory so that we can get the maximum number of good motile sperms. Thereafter the woman (wife) is positioned to lie down and a speculum is inserted in the vagina. Semen wash in loaded in a sterile plastic catheter and introduced through the cervix into the uterine cavity and is then injected slowly.
5. What are the pre-IUI treatment steps?
1) Screening tests for both husband and wife is done.
2) Tubal patency test of a wife is desirable.
3) Ovulation induction with medications
4) Follicular monitoring by ultrasound.
5) Timing of ovulation by giving an HCG trigger injection (for egg release) when the follicles are mature (greater than 20 mm).
6) 36-40 hours later, semen is processed and IUI is done.
6. Are there extra precautions to be taken after IUI procedure?
A woman is asked to lie down for 15-30 minutes after IUI procedure, thereafter she can resume her routine activities. She is asked to take prescribed medications on time as advised.
7. Can the sperm fall out?
No, sperms don't fall out after IUI.
8. Where is the sperm accumulated? How long sperm survive after timed intercourse of IUI?
Sperm accumulate in cervical crevices during intercourse and can survive for 72 hours
9. What is the method for sperm freezing, if a partner is not available at the IUI procedure time?
The semen sample is processed first in the laboratory and the semen wash is then frozen by putting this in liquid nitrogen. Thereafter, this frozen sample can be used anytime, like on the day of IUI even when a husband is not around.
10. How long frozen sperm can be stored?
Frozen sperms can be stored as long as desired.
11. Can using of frozen sperm increase the likelihood having a child with birth defects?
No, using frozen sperms does not increase chances of birth defects.
12. Do I need to take extra precautions after IUI?
No extra precautions are needed after IUI, just take the medicines on time as advised by the doctor.
13. How long does it take for fertilization and for implantation?
Fertilization takes roughly 12-18 hours and implantation occur around the 5th day after ovulation.
14. What kind of examination is usually done for an IUI cycle?
Ultrasound monitoring (transvaginal probe) is usually done in IUI cycles.
15. How long prior to an IUI should the couple abstain from intercourse?
An abstinence period of 2-3 days is advisable before IUI to get the best sperm sample from a partner.
16. What is 'washed' sperm?
'Washed sperm' is actually the processed semen prepared in the laboratory using various media. By this process, toxins and dead sperms are removed from semen so that it can be put directly in the uterine cavity.
17. What is donor IUI?
When husband semen has no sperms (azoospermia) then, sperms can be taken from sperm banks and IUI can be done, this is called a donor IUI.
18. After an IUI, how soon can I have intercourse?
After the IUI, there is no restriction to have intercourse.
19. Can IUI be used for gender selection?
NO, IUI cannot be used for gender selection.
20. Is the process painful?
NO, IUI process is not at all painful. It is equivalent to a gynecological examination.
Good hand washing is the key to preventing the spreading of common infections.
Generally, as a child, we hear from our parents repeatedly saying that ,'WASH YOUR HANDS PROPERLY'.
We might think that they are nagging , but it is very important to keep germs away.
So, Follow these simple steps to keep your hand clean:
1. Use warm water ( avoid cold or hot water).
2. It's not imperative to use antibacterial soap every time , ever regular soap insufficient.
3. Rub your hands together well and scrub all surfaces of hand . Lather up on both sides of hand , wrist , between your fingers, around your nails. The ideal time you should spend washing is 20 seconds.
4. Rinse well under warm running water and pat dry with clean towel.
Sometimes, excessive hand washing can cause dryness, so use mild soaps for washing , pat rather than rubbing with a towel for drying your hands and apply moisturising lotion afterwards.
Take care of above points, next time you wash your hands.