Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini JayarajYour feedback matters!
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
My baby girl has 8 months now, and her weight is 575GMs only. How to improve her weight. Is there any medicine for weight growth. She don't eat home made mixed cerelac and instant cerelac also she like to drink formula milk and banana only. How to change her habits and how to improve her weight. Please guide me.
Hello doctor, my baby is due for his 10th week vaccination. We were planning to give him the painful dose in the 6th week with pneumococcal as well as rotavirus vaccines. In a hurry I answered a yes for the painless one in the 6th week and have been feeling guilty since then. I wanted to switch to the painful one but 2-3 pediacs said it's better I don't. I wanted to know why is it so? Also wanted to know if the free vaccinations offered as per the NHM are safe or the ones given in private clinics are better? - concerned mother.
My baby girl cries so often for past few days and is having poor feeding. She is teething fast. please advice.
Most children stop sucking on thumbs, pacifiers or other objects on their own between 2 and 4 years of age. No harm is done to their teeth or jaws until permanent teeth start to erupt. The only time it might cause concern is if it goes on beyond 6 to 8 years of age. At this time, it may affect the shape of the oral cavity or dentition.
Thumbsucking leads to Open bite, a high arched palate because of the pressure created in the mouth . This habit can also cause the maxillary central incisors to tip labially and the mandibilar incisors to tip lingually as the thumb rests on them during the course of sucking. Aside from the damaging physical aspects of thumb sucking, there are also additional risks, which unfortunately, are present at all ages. These include increased risk of infection from communicable diseases, due to the simple fact that non-sterile thumbs are covered with infectious agents, as well as many social implications. Some children experience social difficulties, as often children are taunted by their peers for engaging in what they can consider to be an “immature” habit. This taunting often results the child being rejected by the group or being subjected to ridicule by their peers, which can cause understandable psychological stress.
To prevent their children from sucking their thumbs some parents use bitterants or piquant substances on their child's hands.Parents could get a series of sharp prongs known as "hay-rakes" cemented to a child's teeth to discourage sucking
Praise children for not sucking, instead of scolding them when they do.
If a child is sucking its thumb when feeling insecure or needing comfort, focus instead on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
If a child is sucking on its thumb because of boredom, try getting the child's attention with a fun activity.
Involve older children in the selection of a means to cease thumb sucking.
The pediatric dentist can offer encouragement to a child and explain what could happen to its teeth if it does not stop sucking.
Only if these tips are ineffective, remind the child of its habit by bandaging the thumb or putting a sock/glove on the hand at night.
What is the reason behind that a baby below six month should be fed with breast milk only for the first six months before given proper food to him/her.
My son is 4.7 years old he is having dry cough from last 2 ,3 month tried so many medicines. please help
For a 5 year old kid suggest some medicine to increase immunity as he is always having cough and cold.
My daughter is 6 years old an she is very thin and not having eating habits please tell me the solution of my problem as soon as possible.
My daughter is 6 months old and we have started feeding her solid food kindly suggest safe food/liquid. Is it ok to give her almond, honey (not together. We also giving apple juice prepared at home.
Hi My daughter is 3 years old and she vomited whole night 15 to 20 times in 25min gap no water and milk feeding. Already given domperidone but vomited. Please suggest any medicine
My son is almost 4 & 1/2 years old. From past 2 months he has been complaining about stomach pain. since two weeks ago he was suffering from loose motions and I consulted a doctor and also told about his frequent stomach pain. She prescribed Normet and Zinconia and also told to deworm him with Zentel syrup. Now its very frequent and he complains every time whenever he eats something. I also feels that his stools are smelly from past two days. Kindly advice on the same. Could you please suggest any specific diet. Thanks.
My 6 month old baby is detected with lactose intolerant. Doctor suggest lactose free milk isomil but she is not taking formula milk accept mothers milk. Please suggest.
My daughter 7 year old and she facing problem with nas(h) with distressing cough from last one year and she take madicin seriflo 250; l montas; nasomx nosl drop; b dase tb and some time take slbair mdi as prescribe by dr k. S. Chatterjee & dr. Surajit kar but no inprovement the patient so I want know better position of patient how is possible?
My son 7 years old has a pain in feet (ankle-lower side). Six months back we got x-ray adone and had consulted the doctor. He said that this kind of pain is common in growing kids. With some rest, the pain was gone. And he stopped wearing school shoes. But, recently the pain has come back and now we want to know how can this problem be solved. He has to wear school shoes also. Are there any special shoes for this kind of problem ?What care he should take to reduce the pain?
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.