Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nalina D
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalina DYour feedback matters!
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'.
Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My period time is irregular or not a fix date, I am also suffering from heavy flow at that period of time and severe pain in stomach also at that time.
Hi I have taken copper T for 3 year it one year over but threads are now not visible is there any serious issue? But I am not having any sorts of problem nor any pain and my periods are also normal and on date please suggest me.
I am suffering from hirsutism and PCOD from past 13 years. I am struggling with my obesity. I regularly take glycomet 1gm, krimson35, aldactone 100. As I stop taking these medicines my menstruations stops, I start growing facial hair and gain weight. Now I am 25 years old. How long Shall I have to continue these medicines? Are they harmful? I can to get rid of these medicines as I have been taking them from past 13 years. Is there any permanent remedy? What are the side effects of these medicines? Where shall I get the best treatment in India for hirsutism and PCOD? Please help me. I am very tensed and feel depressed with these issues. Please please help me Doctor.
2. Excess sweet eatables should not be used.
3. Sugar should be taken in little quantity.
4. Hard water (which contains lime) should not be drunk.
5. Fruits juice should be drunk in large quantity.
6. Other treatment related to the eyes should be used to cure this disease.
7. The patient should not do reading and writing work in dim light.
8. The patient should not do any work which pressurizes the eyes.
9. Small and zigzag letters should not be read.