Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nalina D
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalina DYour feedback matters!
Hello. I had sex with my bf 2 weeks back. We had unprotected sex. He says he thinks he half pre-ejaculated in me. I took the ipill for safety the next day within 24 hours. After taking ipill I got a pain in my chest for some time and then it became normal. sometimes I feel vomit too. My period is due in this week but till now I haven't got it. What the conditions that i'm facing. Am I pregnant? When will my periods resume. please help me out as i'm a bit worried.
Planning to get pregnant. Is it ok to take becosules capsules as folic acid supplements for 2_3 months before pregnancy? I am afraid as max intake of folic acid is 400mcg, but becosules contain folic acid 1.4mg. Is it safe?
Laparoscopic Appendix Surgery
Nasal allergies are very common and as a result, not taken seriously by most people. In most cases you patiently withstand the coughing and sneezing, which might last for an entire day and in the process might inadvertently damage your health by choosing to ignore it for the time being.
Here are some of the commonly experienced nasal allergies and what you should do to get relief from them:
- Runny or stuffy nose: The best option is to just avoid allergy triggers. For example, if pollen is your allergen, then avoid going out during the times pollen count when it is reported to be high. Or, if animals make you sneeze, then make sure to have your hands washed and clothes changed after playing with them. Do not over use decongestant sprays at all. If these symptoms persist for more than half a week, then it's time to seek your doctor's advice.
- Uncontrollable Sneezing: Again, the best option is to avoid; but in many cases, it becomes difficult for you to avoid the allergen. In those cases, try antihistamine. If that doesn't work, then you can also go for a nasal steroid spray, but again, make sure to not overuse it.
- Post Nasal Drip: Usually, you unconsciously swallow your mucus. But, if the mucus quantity increases, it becomes thicker and results in post-nasal drip. It isn't much common, but you can practically feel the mucus dripping into your throat from the back of the nose. It can result in a lumpy feeling in the throat and can cause irritation. You can try drinking more fluids and using a nasal spray to reduce the mucus quantity. If that doesn't work, then it's time to seek advice from your doctor.
- Eyes that itch: Watery eyes that itch are annoying companions of nose allergy and though they might not be a serious hazard for the eyes, you cannot ignore them. Try wearing sunglasses when you go out into a reportedly high-pollen-count weather. It might be a better option to forego contact lenses; they can escalate the entire eye-itching problem. If it becomes too itchy, you can place a cold washcloth over your eyes.
Testing an Allergy: Allergy testing is commonly done by by skin prick test, in order to diagnose the allergens. Once, the allergens are diagnosed, immunotherapy can be started, which will help in improving the symptoms of and in many cases, it provides complete cure.
Being healthy and happy is a state of mind. Yet, it is also a choice that we make consciously or subconsciously. The way we choose to live and how we respond by matter of habit or choice, to the various life events and situations thrown at us, pretty much decides how our hormones, blood pressure and other factors behave in the long run. Anxiety and general unhappiness have been found to share a deep link with the quality of one's health. So let us look at the common mistakes we make, backed by science, which may be keeping us from health and happiness.
- Avoiding Connections: What really happens when we do not cultivate relationships with people whom we can laugh and cry with? You end up bottling things up inside and do not get an outsider perspective that can help you take things in a lighter vein or from a different, often more justified perspective.
- Endorphins: Also, when you do not have someone you can laugh with, especially during stressful times, you end up supressing hormones like the endorphins which are known to be natural pain relievers too!
- Sitting All Day: If your job or lifestyle involves the sedentary act of remaining seated, you are first of all, asking for neck and shoulder pain in the long run. That besides, you are also losing your fast paced metabolism due to the lack of activity and this can also fuel the build up of toxins which may lead to chronic and potentially fatal diseases in the future.
- Victim of your Own Thoughts: Over exposure to too many ideas can never be a good thing. In this day and age of social media and instant access, we never seem to be short of opinions, no matter how irrelevant. When we start to find our own truth in someone else's reality, we end up playing the victim card in our relationships due to these misplaced opinions. This leads to problems like helplessness which can become anxiety and paranoia in the long run.
- Food: Too much junk or too many fad diets can ruin the chemical balance and good health of your being. Binge eating or emotional eating due to anxiety, boredom and ready availability of food can also give rise to eating disorders and weight gain which in turn, can lead to problems like diabetes, high cholesterol and other such problems.
Exercising, eating right and taking time to breathe and listen to people around you will help in fostering a better lifestyle with more human connections. This is especially important for people living in nuclear families with stressful jobs.