Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Najeep AktarYour feedback matters!
My son has injured his right middle finger and broken the tendon. What is to be done? what' s the best action to be taken ?
Have problem with my right shoulder and it happened while playing volleyball. Now it's been a year and still the pain is there.
doctor I am having stomach ache from last four -five days and sometime I feel so much pain in back. What should I do?
I have got Achilles Tendonitis (severe pain in my Achilles tendon at the back of left foot) due to car driving and using the clutch excessively, I have not had any injury. Could it be due to uric acid and a gout attack? I have had past history of uric acid? should I take Feburic along with Combiflam. I am 48 years old, weight is higher than normal Uric acid is on higher side -7.9 - 8.1 always. Used to take Feburic.
I am 26 years old man use to do gym not regularly. Some days ago I faced a neck injury during solder workout, as per medical help from internet I have followed instructions and took rest for 2 weeks. Yesterday I have resumed workout but having same problem again. Now I can't move my neck around. Please help me by providing some tips. Is this end of my workout? Am I having a spine injury? I am a civil engineer and currently posted at a site far from the city. Can't get medical treatment by professionals.
I've inner pain in my bone since about six months. I get tired early. I feel some fatigue problem. I'm 34 years old male.
I have back pain when I lift too much weight Now when I sit for f Long time like 1 hour I can't stand up suddenly It take time.
Hello doctor my mom she is getting pain in his left hand in middle finger and I am conserton to doctor he give medicine please give suggestion and thank you.
Hi Dr. I am dealing with back pain from quite some time I think for more then 2-3 years. Can you please tell me how do I reduce it.
I am a 59 year old male having DIABETES from 2008 onwards. I am on METFORMIN 500 MG BID, LINAGLIPTIN 1 OD, VOGLIBOSE 1 BD, glimepiride 2 MG BD, ATORVASTATIN 10 mg HS, My latest BLOOD SUGAR Fasting 150 . PP 250. My HB1AC 7.7. I am advised Insulin 10 units before dinner. I have not started yet. Kindly advise have Foot pain in Left Leg.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.