Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. NagrajYour feedback matters!
We have a Cockerspanal & Dashhund mixed breed, 2 years male, Very active. The problem is he does not eat much. We give him Chicken/Mutton mixed with rice in the Morning and Night. Morning and Evening glass of milk. Pedigree is all the time kept in the bowl. The problem is eats only Chicken/Mutton and does not eat rice. He does not eat Egg or anything else. We have given him deworming tablet recently and we give him every 3 months. Pl. Let us know whether this is okay or what else can be tried. He has got some small tick in the body although we have treated him for tick. Please Advice.
3.5 yrs old labra male,over slivation, not taking proper meal,jaws mein hotspots,feverish,yellow urin,etc please help.Thanks Dr.
I have a cage of sparrows and we put 30 sparrows in that. After 2 month sporrow going to be died automaticaly. Can I know the reason for that. Is there need any medicine for birds?
I have a dog - Pomeranian. 3 years old. It's a boy. He eats --- breakfast is boiled milk, lunch is curd rice/ghee rice/chicken legs boiled/ chapati with boiled milk into smooth paste, evng time - boiled milk again ,dinner also like lunch items. Brunch time and evening snack he eats a fistful of pedigree, Am I giving proper diet to him or is there anything I need to change/add? than all.
My pet 6 months old golden retriever in fed on golden retriever junior royal canin and the vet has suggested some human supplements like feroglobin and calicmax is it safe for him ?
My dog is 3 mnths, while jumping he broke one of his tooth. Since then he is uneasy, biting evrything. Pls suggest. What should we do to make him easy? thanks.
I have an abandoned pigeon's new born baby. What do I feed him? How much to feed? And at what time intervals? And will it excrete by itself? Please help. Where can I get him rehabilitated?
My Pet Dog Name is Rocky. Today A other wild and Dirty Big Dog Injured My Dog. He bite his jaw very badly, A lot of bleeding happens After this I bathe my dog but bleeding not stop. please tell me what I do. Their is lack of dog doctor.
Hi doctors. My dog is a labrador. Of 3 years. He is not eating any food. But only some pedigree. He is looking very sad and weak. Do not know why. Help.
Doctor actually I use to sleep only in bra and panty and some time only in bra but always I sleep with my pet Labrador male dog in blanket or quilt. When I sleep without clothes his red colour penis is came out and a liquid start drain. I use to sleep with him since 1 year. His penis or that liquid could be harm for me? Should I need to be worry about that? What should I do please explain?
Hi, My 8 year old male pug has been having having trouble breathing through his nose since yesterday. As a result he is breathing through his mouth.
What vaccine should we take for my 5th month kitten? And this is the first vaccination for my kitten.
Depression in humans is well-known and well-documented, but depression in dogs is less known and studies have not been extended up to a deep level till now. As we say dogs are better known as "humans", it is natural for them to feel low and depressed at times. Some of the dog owners must have noticed that all of a sudden their dogs start acting in a way which is very unlike them. Sometimes, they find places to hide constantly or are spotted to be sleeping all day long.
The reasons for such depression are more or less the same in every species and can be interpreted as the following:
- Abusing: Just like humans, dogs get psychologically affected by the way their owner treats them. If you abuse your dog in a way in which it was not raised up, it is sure that your dog will slip into depression and in a few cases, might display some signs of aggression too.
- Critical depression: Critical depression occurs due to some changes in the dog's body. Chemical imbalances may provoke certain behaviors; one of them could be depression. In such situations, it is recommended to take your dog to a Veterinarian in order to seek professional help.
- Grief: If your dog's companion or its known faces drift away, it affects the dog’s behavior massively and may result into depression. This is because with time, the dogs develop strong emotional bonds and it gets hard for them to handle themselves in their absence.
- Aging: Aging is another reason behind your dog's depression. It is very simple to know and understand too that your dog will not be as energetic as it was in its young days. Also, sometimes sensing that their lifespan is about to end may lead them into depression.
How To Deal With It?
By being compassionate, as most of the times your dog may feel depressed because of the treatment you offer to it. They always want to be loved and adored by their owners and this cures everything unnatural happening with them. Try to play with them whenever you come back home, feed them gently, run your fingers through their fur and be extra attentive. All of these will enlighten their mood. Alternatively, you may try out other methods like going out for a walk twice a day, let it socialize with others in the park, let it feel loved more than anything.
For critical depression and grief, it is better to take recommendation from a Veterinarian. Try being patient with your dog about everything. Not all dogs recover rapidly. Hence, before snapping at it again, give it some time and don't pressurize it for anything that comes from its master affects it the deepest. For more comfort, you may bring a new pet which would be its companion for the entire day. Be cautious about the situation and selection. Sometimes they become envious due to such occurrences. Make sure they both get along well.
Osteoarthritis is related with genetic predisposition, inherited problems or defects in bones & joints. This painful condition often requires veterinary pain killers, supplements which protects bones and joints, scientific measures like controlled exercise, swimming & physiotherapy under the veterinary medical supervision. As pollution related features can bring such disorders causing free radical damage, this problem can be managed and a quality living for the pets can be provided with the application of advanced medicines like glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, MSM, micronutrients ete. Many commercial diets are available which can nourish pets skeletal system effectively and a good plane of nutrition can guard a pet from gaining extra body weight which aggravates osteoarthritis. A perfect dietary and lifestyle management therefore is highly essential for combating such painful disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Veterinarian.
Dear sir/mam, I don't know what's wrong with my doggy, actually he's a country breed but he won't look like it. Very friendly in kind. But for the past few months he wasn't eating his diet well. Always looking dull, non-energetic, tired. Also he's having some itchy probs on both the sides of his ear.Because of non taking his diet he's looking very lean. Please help me on resolving this issue, thanking you
My dog is having problem that . It happens quite regularly when we take him out fr walk . He is having some sort of pain he lie on ground legs bend to all sides sliva coming out and starts trembling . It happen fr almost 10 minutes and after that again normal . Whats the problem to him . Some time it happens at home also . Can u help ?
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.