Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagraj V
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Nagraj VYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old male. I am every time getting leg pain for walking for an hour only. What is the solution?
I am a 66 years old male I have disc bulge at c4-5; c5-6; c6-7 levels AP at c5-6.1 is 6.1 Also at L2-3; L4-5 .kindly advise my treatment plan. Thank you.
I have a thumb pain continuously since 2 years it has been always painful how can I get rid of this.
I have pain in my hand and feet Please give me an answer and help me I have related with a poor family.
I am staying in a hostel and here it's chlorine water only available for bathing. It's been 3 years and now I am experiencing heavy hair fall. I used to have mixed diet 3 years back. But after coming to college it's only veg food available here. I need a much needed help. I would like to do any treatment to prevent hair fall. I recommend ayurveda. Pls do needful help.
Hi sir my back right side bone is sightly bended so what are the that need to be taken and does it is going to be serve problem in my life please tell me sir.
I have a severe headache and paining. While travelling. It becomes severe when I find time to read or spend time on mobile. It makes me to sit simply in the whole long journeys. Is there any remedy?
I am 33 year today I checked ldh blood test my ldh result is 404 what is cause please advise .my problem is right leg weakness. Walking problem.
I have dislocated shoulder arm in my right side and in left knee is there any treatment for this in ayurvedic.
Sir. I Am suffering from pain that is under my knee from last six months! This is not joint pain! I have took treatment from an orthopadics . After xray there was no problem found. He suggested me to do exercise but I m already a hockey player. Suggest me Properly . Thanks
I am suffering from back pain from last 3 month, I took all the medicines l, physiotherapy but nothing happen. There is some severe problem occurs in my back. please help me.
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.