Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagesh M B
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Nagesh M BYour feedback matters!
I am using tenovate m for 10 years on my face, nw my face is red if I stop using it my face is peeling off. Can you please tell me how long will it take to get back to normal. Currently I am working if I stop will I be able to go out to office I am really depressed please lemme know how to get it treated.
I am going to marry in next 20 days. I want my face to look fare till then. Please suggest something. Also please suggest what to use to look fare on the marriage day.
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I took Botox because I have this forehead lines and here my eyes have some wrinkles, so I consult at my doctor and she said like why can’t you go for Botox treatment will help you in future, that's why I choose Botox. Actually, Botox is my first time and when I went inside I felt really scared about the treatment. I thought it would be very painful and I was very scared, I told the doctor it will pain, I don't want to do. She said like you don't have to be scared it’s just it will be pricky. She gave me anaesthesia cream and it was smooth you know, I felt really good when I had the treatment I didn't feel pain at all, it went very smooth within like 15 to 20 minutes the treatment got to hold. I feel good after the treatment it’s been like 2 weeks my lines have gone on forehead and the nearby eyes, I feel the difference and even my family members they felt good that you know some difference is there in my face and thank you to Dr Venus and you should visit it. A doctor is very friendly and the treatment was very good her name is Dr Venu Kumari, you also should come to this clinic and have to take the treatment you will feel better and you will feel awesome about yourself. I am so happy I have done with this treatment and thank you so much to the doctor who has really make a change. Thank you so much.
With change in lifestyle and eating/drinking habits, our health deteriorates and the first signs are seen on your face. Nowadays, skin starts ageing in your 20s and it is sad. The good news is that we can take care of our skin health with some minor adjustments in our lifestyle. One such change is adding few foods to our diet. Best foods for skin health are:
1. Almonds - these nuts have high quantity of vitamin e which doubles as antioxidant protecting the cells of your skin from uv light.
2. Green tea - apart from helping detox and lose weight, green tea is also good for your skin. The antioxidants in green tea have anti-cancer properties which have been proven and hence, prevent skin cancer.
3. Dark chocolates - love chocolate? here is a good reason to eat them (in moderation). Antioxidants in dark chocolates protect against sun damage and make the skin smooth & soft.
4. Carrots - carrots have vitamin a which helps clear skin breakouts. Eating carrots gives you a natural glow and a healthier complexion.
5. Tomatoes - tomatoes have phytochemicals which help eliminate skin-aging which is caused by harmful ultraviolet rays.
6. Walnuts - these nuts provide a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are particularly important for vegetarians who are not getting the same from fish. Not having enough of omega-3 fatty acids can cause dry, scaly skin often leading to eczema.
7. Water - yes, plain water! it hydrates your skin and allows it to breathe. And, it is the best liquid substitute to sugar filled juices and soda.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.