Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Nagesh KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi my self Bhagwan Sahai Verma 59 years old having BP and taking medication for BP. Now a days my ankle and feet are swelled and having pain in joints of my thumb. Please advice.
I have a back pain problem and I also have acidity problem back problem is from 4 days as I was traveling in train and my acidity problem is from 2 years.
My brother has a swollen part on the right side of his neck. The FNAC report is suggestive of tuberculous lymphadenitis. Kindly suggest what steps are to be taken next?
My wife 50 has been getting early morning leg cramps which is very painful. She is hypertensive but controlled with Candesartan 8 mg per day. Please advice how to treat these leg cramps.
I have suffering from back pain for last 5-6 month. Consult a doctor he Rx Medicine & gel when I used it then relif few time, after that again same problem what can I do?
My age is 65 years old, I am TAKING cancer-5MG, STORVAZ-20MG&ECOSPRIN-75MG AND SHE UNDERWENT INSERTION OF STEAD. What are uses & side effects of these medicines.
My mom is totally bed ridden from November Actually she got Blood clot in head so Operation has been done After a month again a bed sore happened for that again Operation has been done So Now she is able to speak slowly She is not able to walk She is getting pain in bones knee Totally body pains why should be taken and physiotherapy is going on please help in me in this Treatment is taken from apollo.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.