Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. NageshYour feedback matters!
My BP is 86/130. Using TelvasAm since January 2015. Is it requires to move to other drugs. If yes, which will be better.
I am a 69 year old male. High Bp is my problem. I take a lot of medicines to controlit Starpess Xl 100-2, Amlong 5 -2, Angizar 50 -3 andPrassopress 5 -1. I do regular walking my Kidny function seems normal. I eat only moderately and dont smoke or drink. Can you tell me how to reduce the medicines?
I am feeling high mental pressure and symptoms are my past moments feel like virtual to me I don't even know if that happened in real or not and my bp is generally high.
One doctor told me that, if weight is lost due to chronic anxiety or stress, both LDL and hdl will fall. So my mind forces me to take anxiety or stress to reduce LDL cholesterol. I'm underweight, my weight is losing. But many doctors say that if weight is lost due to anxiety, hdl will decrease and LDL will increase.
I am a forty five year old man. I have cholesterol from last year. I tried exercising, dieting, stopped eating fatty foods and many more things. But my cholesterol is not becoming low. Please give me a solution for this.
I am having chest pain an abdominal pain on left side for 15 days. The pain becomes worst when sometimes I miss my breakfast. I am 30 years old and office worker.
Male 33 years. Bp: 60-90. I feel stressed most f the times because of personal n professional reasons. I also feel fatigued. Any solutions?
Please advice for diet in diabetic hypothyroid hypertensive CKD patient with post angioplasty status?
One non medicated stent was fixed in one of the arteries leading to heart nine years ago. Now there is no problem. Everything is all right. What is the life span of a non medicated stent? Whether let it remain inside or it should be removed out or it should be replaced? Please advise.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.