Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagendra Prasad
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nagendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
Now I am 2 month of pregnancy. I can travel? Because I am working women daily I am traveling up to 70 kilometres through bus or bike. It is safe for me and my baby ?
Physical intimacy between partners is one aspect, which is of utmost importance, therefore we need to focus on things which can boost it. Sexual health is as important as your overall physical and mental health. Just as how your heart health is impacted by what you eat, nutrition also plays an important role in your sexual health. A number of sexual health problems can, in fact, be remedied by simply eating right.
Here are a few types of food that can help enhance your sexual health.
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Some fats such as Omega 3 Fatty acids are essential for your health. Such foods improve blood circulation and neurological functioning thereby aiding in improving sexual function. Foods rich in Omega 3 Faty acids include soybean oil, tuna or trout fish, walnuts and almonds.
- Foods that help you maintain your weight: Your weight plays an important role in self-image and libido. In many cases of obesity, losing weight has a direct impact on increasing libido and sexual functioning. Hence, food that is rich in fibre and low in fat content such as whole grains and leafy vegetables should be a part of your daily diet.
- Food that increases fertility: Vitamin C is essential for fertility, especially for men. It also helps increase the production of happy hormones and thus elevates moods. Thus increasing your vitamin C intake can help treat fertility problems. Fruits such as grapefruits, oranges and lemons are rich sources of vitamin C. Folic acid also plays an important role in increasing fertility. It improves sperm quality and reduces the pregnancy risks. Some foods that are rich in folic acid are broccoli, peas, lettuce. Beets and all kinds of nuts.
- Foods that increase sex drive: Apples are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that stimulate blood flow to the genital area and aid in arousal. They also contain chemicals that increase lubricant production and hence make intercourse more enjoyable. Similarly, berries like strawberries and cherries and watermelons improve blood circulation and are a rich source of phytochemicals that enhance a person’s sex drive.
- Foods that increase sperm production: Zinc is one of the key nutrients involved in sperm production. Low levels of zinc can also affect a woman’s libido. Hence eating foods rich in zinc such as sesame seeds, whole grain bread, green leafy vegetables and brown rice can help boost libido and sperm production. One of the main reasons oysters are considered such a powerful aphrodisiac is because they are considered to be one of the richest sources of zinc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Ginger is a common ingredient in asian and indian cuisine. However, ginger has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries among many cultures. The root or underground stem (rhizome) of the ginger plant can be consumed fresh, powdered, dried as a spice, in oil form or as juice.
Possible health benefits of ginger:
1) Digestive issues:
The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal irritation, stimulate saliva and bile production and suppress gastric contractions and movement of food and fluids through the GI tract.
- Chewing raw ginger or drinking ginger tea is a common home remedy for nausea during cancer treatment.
- Pregnant women experiencing morning sickness can safely use ginger to relieve nausea and vomiting, often in the form of ginger lozenges or candies.
- During cold weather, drinking ginger tea is good way to keep warm. It is diaphoretic, which means that it promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within. As such, in the wake of a cold, ginger tea is particularly useful.
3) Pain reduction
- A study involving 74 volunteers carried out at the university of georgia found that daily ginger supplementation reduced exercise-induced muscle pain by 25%.
- Ginger has also been found to reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea (severe pain during a menstrual cycle). In one study, 83% of women taking ginger capsules reported improvements in pain symptoms compared to 47% of those on placebo.