Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Does one get infection from penetrated sex with the partner having constant vaginal infection having diabetes.
My wife had by mistake taken 2 Ferium xt tablets within 5 minutes interval. She is four months pregnant. Is there anything to worry about?
Hi. I am 22 years old and 65 kg wt. Suffering from pcod. I had taken krimson 35 for 3 months. And my doctor advice me to reduce weight. And prescribed apcod obis. Does this apcod obis help me to reduce my weight. If yes how much time it would take. And suggest some natural method to reduce weight?
My mom is having lumps in breast n from few days from behind the auricle it starts paining n how there is pain in her right hand only on this side? Can you help?
Emergency contraception is postcoital contraception.
You can use either cu-t or oral pills for this purpose.
Cu-t may be tedious for you as you can not insert cu-t yourself.
Oral pills are ok.
You can use postcoital contraception within 5 days of act.
But postcoital pills are most effective when taken within 12 hours of act.
They are more effective when taken in first half of your cycle as they act by inhibiting egg formation.
If you form a habit of taking postcoital pills, they may lead to menstrual disturbance. So take them carefully.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old married women but still I dont have baby please suggest me for pregnancy
My friend is suffering from severe leg pain n left breast pain. why is it so. Is there any tablet to cure the pain?
I have cesarean delivery 18th day before. Last 2 days my one side stitches in little pain when I move my body. What to do. Should I call doctor or it will stop itself only?
I am 46 aged women, sudden weight loss, feeling weak, have uterus problem, heavy bleed during menses, uterus lowering in menses time.
I am married. My Periods date was in between 18th to 21st and till today I haven't got my period. Planning for a baby, so had sex with my husband. We had first tried on 14th November, but I got the period immediately on 17th November. After that also we had sex, today to check whether am pregnant or not did the urine test but it was negative. I am worried Doctor. Can I be pregnant ever? What shall I do?
Hi doctor, I took duphaston last 10 days. Now periods happened on time. But it looking brown in colour and light flow. What is the reason for that?
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.