Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagendraYour feedback matters!
My 10 months old daughter is not feeling well since yesterday. She has a little bit fever (99 temp). Should I give her some medicine or of will be automatically cured? Pp suggest.
Easy tip for toddler's mumma
When it’s time to feed your child dinner at the end of a long day, it’s a good idea to finish your meal first. Trying to feed a fussy child on an empty stomach will only make you irritable and impatient. Eat first and you’ll find you’re way more patient and energetic to tackle any challenges the dining table may throw up.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy.
Doctors usually recommend the ketogenic diet for children whose seizures have not responded to several different seizure medicines.
The typical ketogenic diet, called the "long-chain triglyceride diet," provides 3 to 4 grams of fat for every 1 gram of carbohydrate and protein.
Several studies have shown that the ketogenic diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications.
My baby is 2nd half mnth old. Her sleeping pattern is difficult. 2days she can sleep well nd another 2 days she nt sleep well like whole day she take slip only 1 or 2 hr ... Only after taking breastfeed ..Nd 10 min sleep like that... What was the reason behind that??? How can i support my baby for deep sleep
My baby is 4 month old, he is suffering to do laterine. Doing 2days once. Request you to suggest wht needs to be done. I am feeding so do I need to change in food.
Sir i have a baby girl of 1 year. Is any vaccination required for 12 months baby. And if yes than which vaccine required?
My baby girl is 18 months and weighs 10. 4 kg. She is teething around 4 teeth simultaneously and thus not eating anything at all for past 1 week. If I try to force feed her she throws up. Please advise.
I am a mother of a 32 weeks premature baby, am unable to breast feed my baby as m not getting milk, used an electric feeding pump too but of no use, what I have to do for breast feeding my baby.
My baby is 7 months old. She is having lots of prickly heat rashes on her body all over the body. I don't knw which powder to use. Please suggest me a good baby prickly heat powder for her to cure fast.
Sir, I have twins (Girl & Boy) born on 02.05. 2015. They are going to 6 month old. Now, they are taking breast Milk & Pro Nan 1. What change of food to them on 6 month old? What quantity & what type of food for them to start?
My daughter was 7 months 2 weeks old. Her weight was 5.5 kgs ,she was thin n unable to stand her activity was gud, she was active I was worrying about it I was feeding rice n cerelac to my baby can you please tell me any problem with my baby's health n tips for my baby gaining weight.
My son is of 8 months n he has cold and cough from 15 days. I give him cough syrup by still there is no sign to cure it. He has running nose at morning so I am so worried about his cold and cough please give me correct treatment for him.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.