Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
What is 14 dental points? Mere teeth cavty ki vajah se kerab ho gaye. Or army walo ne medicl me 14 dental points ka jikr.
I'm getting my four teeth extracted to have braces but I'm a student of class XII. So I really need to study. So will the extracting of the teeth be causing problems while reading loudly or while talking?
I am 21 year old male suffering from mouth ulcer problem and indigestion my liver do not support any spicy stuff and causes loose motion when I eat something spicy.
Q: Dear Doctor, I have some problems with my lips. These becomes black coloured. I never taking cigrate, tobacco, etc. I had never take chicken, drink, etc. In short I never absorb a bad habit of this type. My lips become black also my Gums colour also affected a lot. Every say me you are smoker.-(I am facing guilty overtime. But I am not a smoker. How can I prove? Please help me please! Doctor. That I may change the colour of gums & lips as soon as possible. Please Dr. Help me. I will thank full to my helper.
There is a black dot in my tooth (molars area) how can I remove that? It being noticed by people when I talk with them please help me.
Sir I am suffering from bad breathing problem since from 1 month what should I do please recommend me best medicine so that I should cure my self from these problem.
My child is 1.5 years and from 3 days I am observing the incisors on the upper jaw being chipped. I see a little whitening also on those teeth. I am a bit worried. What can be the problem?
I have ulcer in my mouth from past 2 days and now it's become bigger which ointment should I use and what food I should take?
I had percutaneous injury while extracting molar tooth of HIV positive child (Child's CD4 count is 650 and is on ART). Injury is superficial but was bleeding, I immediately removed gloves and washed in running water for about 2 mins. Do I need PEP ?
Sir/Mam. Day to day my teeth become yellow in colour, I thought stain affected my teeth. So tell me how to I'll get shining teeth. Is there any medicines for this? Can you say what is the treatment?
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.