Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Nagari VeerannaYour feedback matters!
I feels all the time of girls to fuck? What to do to forget that all and I can concentrate on my studies?
I'm going through a psychological situation. Ever since my childhood I've been neglected and mishandled by women in my family and father wouldn't support me either. So now I've sort of phobia towards women. I'm always suspicious of them and feel scared to start off a family. I would ward off any advance by a girl towards me too. This can't go on, as I want to get married. Can someone please help me.
Heart over Head
Expressing emotions.... Emotional wellness
Emotions can be understood from a solid tree. Roots tell about the foundation and values, stem its integrity, branches its behaviour and flowers are its emotions. If a tree attracts bees, birds and human beings it is magnetic and that is its emotional wellness. Emotional wellness makes you magnetic.Like tree, emotions cannot be permanent. That is why they are called “emotions”-- the word comes from motion, movement. They move; hence they are emotions. Emotions are dynamic like waves on water, they change continuously. This moment you are sad, that moment you are happy; this moment you are angry, that moment you are compassionate. This moment you love, another moment full of hatred; the morning was beautiful, the evening is ugly. And this goes on.This cannot be your nature, because behind all these changes something is needed like a thread that holds all of them together. You continue as an entity – so what is the thread, the polestar? What is permanent in you? There are two types of emotions – expressive and repressive. Expressive emotions might hurt others but repressive emotions will hurt you. The root of all illness and disease is repressive emotions, if you are repressed; it slowly hurts you in a holistic way and eventually affects your expressive emotions. The key to success is to create a balance between these two emotions like riding a bicycle.Emotions have to be relieved, relaxed. When you feel like crying you have to cry; when you feel like laughing you have to laugh. You have to drop this nonsense of repression; you have to learn expression, because only through your sentiments, your emotions, your sensitivity, do you come to that vibration through which communication is possible. If one has to choose between the head and the heart, one should choose the heart, because all the beautiful values of life belong to the heart. The head is a good mechanic, technician, but you cannot live your life joyously just by being a mechanic, a technician, a scientist. The head has no capacity for joy, for blissfulness, for silence, for innocence, for beauty, for love, for all that makes the life rich -- it is the heart that has this capacity.You have been taught never to be angry and you think that a person who is never angry is bound to be very loving. You are wrong. A person who is never angry will not be able to love either. They go together; they come in the same package. A person who really loves will sometimes be really angry. But that anger is beautiful – it is out of love! The energy is hot, and you will not feel hurt by the person’s anger. In fact, you will feel grateful that the person was angry. Have you watched it? If you love someone and you do something and the person is really angry, frankly angry, you feel grateful because he loved you so much that he can afford the anger.If you love yourself and that is a must in life, you will never be repressive, you will be expressive of whatsoever life gives: its joys, its sadness, its peaks, its lows, its days, and its nights. Remember, all negative emotions need energy; they drain you. And all positive emotions and positive attitudes are dynamos of energy; they create more energy, they never drain you.If you are happy, suddenly the whole world flows toward you with energy, the whole world laughs with you. The whole existence goes on giving you more. You are not a burden, you are a flower, you are not a rock and you are a bird. The whole existence feels happy about you.Being emotionally well is more than just handling stress. It also involves being attentive to your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, whether positive or negative.Emotional wellness implies the ability to be aware of and accept our feelings, rather than deny them, have an optimistic approach towards life, and enjoy life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations.The path to emotional wellness may involve awareness of thoughts and feelings, having a positive attitude, seeking support and expressing emotions in a suitable manner. Setting priorities, accepting mistakes and learning from them are other factors.Practice a few steps like protect your self esteem, take control after a failure, distract yourself from brooding thoughts and find meaning after a loss. Practice physical wellness by doing breathing exercises and manage your daily stress.
Depression and anxiety are affecting millions, all over the world and the phrase ‘pull yourself together” is still at play in INDIA. There is a huge social stigma, and a sense of shame about what others in the community might think about visiting a professional, which now needs to be corrected.
Research shows that Psychotherapy and counselling sessions are the most effective treatments to cure all psychological problems. These sessions not only help individuals to cope with daily problems, but also teaches them the skills and strategies to deal with them more effectively and make oneself emotionally and mentally empowered.
With Psychotherapy and counseling, you’ll learn more effective ways to deal with problems. gradually, you would develop certain problem-solving skills, coping mechanisms and better perception for overall growth.
A lot of people do not seek help and suffer internally because visiting psychologist/ psychiatrist is considered taboo in Indian society, leading to increased mental health problems. Most of the people avoid sharing personal problems and issues, as that might expose them as being weak.
The ideal solution for someone who is depressed, anxious and facing problems at work or in personal life, is seeking a professional help of psychologist/ psychiatrist. However, most people are not aware of the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and hence are not sure whom to refer.
Let’s find out the difference between the both:
While psychologists and psychiatrists both conduct psychotherapy and research, there are many significant differences between the two professions,which we will list in our separate blog but, one very important distinction between the two is , that psychiatrists can prescribe medications, while psychologists cannot. However, there has been a recent push to grant prescribing powers to psychologist. psychologist deal with therapies, counseling, and building healthy perception towards life. even in cases where medication is required, psychiatrist may refer the client to psychologist further, for complementing the treatment with medicines.
The next time you feel depressed, anxious or need help dealing with overwhelming social situations or difficult times, make a smart choice, consider professional help and feel safe visiting a psychologist/ psychiatrist. In INDIA, with increase awareness and education, people are outgrowing
this stigma and consider it a wise step to go ahead and take initiative toward better life.
Psychological counseling is a tool that creates success, it’s something everybody would need in their life. At each developmental stage, a person needs guidance and awareness as how to adjust with new roles and be successful. Hence, considering counselling and psychotherapy to deal with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, is a wise move.
Take that one courageous step towards life.
Get in touch with us for more information on how we can help you deal with major life problems.
I am diagnosed as case of atypical depression. From past few years I was not in mood of starting antidepressant medications. So after being seeing positive reviews of people on the internet and support from Lybrate doctors. Finally I got convinced to start medications. So started on tab. bupropion. Even I have seen some reviews on the internet where people are on antidepressants from several years. If antidepressants really works then why people are on antidepressants for years. Is it dependence or wht? I really don't want to knock with someone which will really make me addicted for lifetime.
I have a suicide tendency always. I always thinks to suicide when a problem comes. Did it to be taken serious and treated?
Hello, I've recently been diagnosed with depression. Someone suggested joining a forum and talking to other people. Would be nice to talk to people about things and possibly learn more.
I feel depressed all the time because after my higher studies I didn't get good field for myself. I am changing my fields and not sure that what to do in future. Please help me that what should I do?
I am a smoker since last 3 years. I want to stop it but not succeed yet. please tell me that how can I stop this.
Sir, I am very far to home .I and my lover both of very correct in love .we are in love since 5 years BT since two years she used to abuse as well as always told to me that if you are not in my life I am very safe once you came my total life was smashed like this and also telling I always wants get higher studies due to you r reason I am not build up anything .some times she loves very much to me but if unwanted discus or any thing found like if some body who is smaller than to her age gets job after heard that total depression and totally angered on me .now I am in confusion really she want to me or not .due to this reason I am not pay concentrate on my job as well as my family and also I am missing my happiness day by day .please advise me what to do for me .I am really loves her .thanking you sir.
I am suffering from sneezing disease for the last few years. I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day. I tried to stop smoking but couldn't succeed what should I do. Kindly suggest.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hi, I have anxiety disorder and panic. If I take stalopam plus 5 mg. I will not have any kinda of fears but it has side effects like reducing the sex drive. And I don't have depression. So is it a good idea to take benzodiazepines instead of stalopam? Please advice. My marriage is coming in next 2 weeks, so I would like to take some medicine to reduce my panic.
Everybody knows what it's like to feel anxious -- the butterflies in your stomach before a first date, the tension you feel when your boss is angry, and the way your heart pounds if you're in danger. Anxiety rouses you to action. It gears you up to face a threatening situation. It makes you study harder for that exam, and keeps you on your toes when you're making a speech. In general, it helps you cope.
But if you have an anxiety disorder, this normally helpful emotion can do just the opposite -- it can keep you from coping and can disrupt your daily life. There are several types of anxiety disorders, each with their own distinct features.
An anxiety disorder may make you feel anxious most of the time, without any apparent reason. Or the anxious feelings may be so uncomfortable that to avoid them you may stop some everyday activities. Or you may have occasional bouts of anxiety so intense they terrify and Anxiety disorders are the most common of all the mental health disorders. Considered in the category of anxiety disorders are: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Social Phobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Specific Phobia, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Acute Stress Disorder. Anxiety disorders as a whole cost the United States between 42-46 billion dollars a year in direct and indirect healthcare costs, which is a third of the yearly total mental health bill of 148 billion dollars. In the United States, social phobia is the most common anxiety disorder with approximately 5.3 million people per year suffering from it. Approximately 5.2 million people per year suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. Estimates for panic disorder range between 3 to 6 million people per year, an anxiety disorder that twice as many women suffer from as men. Specific phobias affect more than 1 out of every 10 people with the prevalence for women being slightly higher than for men. Obsessive Compulsive disorder affects about every 2 to 3 people out of 100, with women and men being affected equally.
I have a slight problem in follicular study. Rupture is getting late. So periodical date is often late. If it's 4 to 5 days late I am getting some physical problem. Got the delivery in 2013. So what I should take in food or not?
I am 35 year old my question is I am very nervous feel when talking with opposite sex I mean female. And my confidence is very low how to increase my self confidence and feel good.
I am taking amixide-h for 1 year till now for anxiety, headache etc. How long should I take without side effect? Please help me.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.