Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraja TmYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, I'm suffering with vertigo and sunsuits problem since 2 weeks and I'm also having High blood pressure. My problem is I can't feeling my body and While walking I feel that I'm going to fall and disequilibrium floor and unable to do work or car driving. Note: Two months back I suffered with Viral fever too many antibiotics had given to me since then I became so week n before that I loose weight about 25kgs.
My lo 22months old often falling sick with cold. Now from yday running nose and cough. He's unable to sleep coughing continuously. Gave him doc prescribed hiclar and cough syrup morning and nite but Stil unable to slp. Any home remedies for his cough. I also gave honey a spoon n water boiled wit few basil leaves.
I am suffering from cough and cold from last 3 days and now my ear is also blocked, I can't hear properly What would I do for my ear?
I am 46 years old suffers from severe seasonal sinus (OcT- Jan.) taking medication from 15 yrs.(Nose running, eyes burning, sneezing, tasteless tongue n mild fever) can this be permanently cured. Suggest medication.
I am 32 years old male I got something swelling type in my nose since last two year ent surgeon gave me some medicine but no resultsometimes I feel problem in breath also mainly in winter season what should I do now?
Respected doctor, I was playing Cricket with my friends in the afternoon, it was 40 degrees. When I came back home, AC was on in room on 24 degrees. I went in that room switched on my laptop and plugged earphones in my ears & was watching videos. When I started feeling little cold I shifted to another room which was hot. After that I started getting little headache & now its very high that I am feeling dizzy. I have taken disprin tablet. Please let me know that in what way I can help myself?
What is the symptoms for swine flu? I hav dry throat itching in throat and also jigh fever whether this is the symptoms for swin flu.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.