Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraja TmYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I feel pain inside my right ear but after few hours its automatically feels ok I should I go for check up? Is it will cause me hearing problems?
Sir I have serious headache problem when I get up I feel dizzy when I go to sleep I feel pussy what do I do?
I have headache and blocked and stuffy nose, usually on one side. I also have lot of bloating because of which I'm feeling tension in abdomen. What should I do?
Having rapid heartbeats, problem in breathing and stomach discomfort sometimes from months with slight dizziness sometimes. I google the symptoms and it shows anxiety. I also fear going out. What is this? And how can it be treated? I don't want to live like this.
Hii this is priya here. I want to ask a question. When ever season change. My throat always seems painful. Nd I really suffered from lhansi nd all. Its really painful for me. So can you tell me. Is there any home remedy for my problem.
My daughter 8 years old she is suffering with throat pain and not able to eat swallo and not able to take breathe also i am so worried. I consulted pediatrician doctor he gave antibiotic tablets 2 days over but still she is suffering as a mother i am not able to bare my child suffering please suggest me what can I do to get back my daughter hair and healthy
My son 11years suffering with tonsils infection and ear infection seasonally. Tonsils are looking big size comparatively others. Is it necessary to remove the tonsils.
I am 28 and have been suffering from allergic rhinitis for as long as I can remember. I usually take Levocet to curb the symptoms whenever I come in contact with an allergen. For the past one month or so, I am down with cold every single day with symptoms appearing mostly in the morning as soon as I wake up. Besides, I also sense some blockage in nostrils even when there is no runny nose and I can breathe only through one constricted nostril at a time. I do not go out or come in contact with dust/allergens. Can you help?
I am 42 years, I am going through worst headaches, diabetes, sinusitis and my bones are very weak. Please advise.
Hi I am a 34 year old man and having vertigo problem from last two three years suggest me what I do.
My 21 month old daughter is suffering with throat infection and runny nose. Sometimes she is coughing. Kindly advice us
How can I treat sour throat during winters? What are the side effects of cold medicine like citrazin?
I am getting sneezes frequently when ever my nose get disturbed by hands or something else. My nose is very sensitive now. What I have to do.
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.
I hve itching n pain in my ears from nearly 3 months. It increases when I use headphones. Please suggest some ear drop to stop itching n pain.
Tinnitus is when you think that there is noise when there really is no sound. It is very common and is not very serious either. It affects about 1/5th of the population. It is worth note that tinnitus is not a condition. Instead, it is a symptom of having a condition. These conditions range from hearing loss, an ear injury or even a circulatory system disorder. Even though tinnitus does worsen with age however, it can also improve with treatment. If you know the cause of tinnitus, it does help treat it. Here is everything you need to know about tinnitus.
Symptoms of Tinnitus:
As mentioned earlier, tinnitus is a ringing, hissing, clicking or buzzing sound which only you can hear and no one else.
Causes of Tinnitus:
There are many common causes of tinnitus including:
- Age-related hearing loss: Tinnitus is commonly caused due to hearing loss.
- Meniere's disease: Meniere's disease is a type of inner ear disorder. It is when there are abnormalities in the fluid pressure of your inner ear.
- Medications: Many medications have a side effect of tinnitus as well including certain antibiotics, antidepressants, cancer medications and even aspirin.
- Loud noise exposure: Exposure to loud noise once in a while will not cause tinnitus. However, constant exposure to loud noise might cause tinnitus.
- Changes in the shape of your ear bone: Otosclerosis is an abnormal bone growth which results in the bones in your middle ear stiffening.
- Acoustic neuroma: There is a nerve, which goes from the brain straight to the inner ear. When this nerve develops a tumor, it is known as acoustic neuroma which is a common cause of tinnitus.
Treatment of Tinnitus:
Tinnitus can be only be stopped if the underlying condition is treated. However, there are certain electronic devices, which help suppress the noise including:
- Hearing aids: Hearing aids are already helpful for people who have hearing loss; however they can also help reduce tinnitus.
- Masking device: Wearing a masking device which continuously emits a low-level noise helps stop the buzzing, clicking, hissing or ringing sound which comes with tinnitus.