Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraj PuttaswamyYour feedback matters!
My face is getting dull through wrinkles in very young age I want to make my face clear from spot nd wrinkles.
I am suffering from a problem of passing blood with stool from past 1 month. Please help. Is it cancer?
Male 20 I have a dark neck. Colour of my face and my Hand is much more fair than my neck. What Can I do to remove the Darkness Of the neck?
Sir/Madam, Is it okay to use kojic cream to get rid of few spots on face for a longer period. If no, How long do you recommend me to use. Please reply. Thanks in advance.
I am having pigmentation in cheeks and under eye area. And dark circle under eye. Tried everything but, no results. Please help.
Some black coloured spots appeared on both my legs (lower) on the sides near the region where the bone is felt. What should I do inorder to get them off?
my cousin, he is 2 years old, he is having dry skin, his skin is very thin, has many scratches. His leg palms also got so many scratches. please suggest me suitable ointment for him.
I am having a Burning Sensation in my Underarms. I have to keep my hands on upside. So please give me solution regarding it.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that is caused due to many reasons. This condition mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too. So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out.
- Skin Cell Development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair Complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful Ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Location: Your geographic location also matters to a great extent when it comes to this disease. People living closer to the equator have reported increased cases of this disease due to over exposure to Ultraviolet rays. The direct and harsh rays of the Sun can also lead to this condition.
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Immune System: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer.
Melanoma should be treated in a proper way by a specialist from the Oncology department.