Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajYour feedback matters!
I having low fever from past 3 days and even body pain and even some feeling cold. Malaria or dengue symptoms?
I don't have any problem but just a pain in my leg and my mother has full body pain pain pain pain Shoaib I thank you.
I Am 25 year old male and I always feel weak, dull and lazy, just like I don't have energy to do anything. Also feel pain overall body especially in back biceps and feel tired all time What can I do?
I have too much body pains actually I'm a truck driver what I use medicine please tell me better one.
I am suffering from full body pain and this problem increasing day by day but not relief .I have gone through clinic tests .please give me solution of this problem.
Recently I have been suffering from throat infection very badly. Also I have whole body pain. What should I drink or eat this time? I can't eat properly, my throat is paining. Through out whole year, I have been suffering from throat infection. Cold,cough problem. Now I can't talk too much. How to cure throat infection permanently. Because it hampered my speech also. Any medicine, any yoga or any pranayama which will help me to cure throat infection permanently. Thank you plz tell me solution.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.