Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraj KYour feedback matters!
My friend has effected with chicken pox on 26th January and he has been away from his wife since the day and in 1st week of feb they have their marriage anniversary. Is it safe that to have intimacy now. Please help.
Dear doc I have problem like my penis glans white like discharge is foaming a lot I am sexual active do not know what is the problem please suggest me and it is itching too please suggest me some medication.
I have suffering from cold and headache with including hand and leg pains along with body pains caused by using tablets of cipla please give me the precautions?
Hi, M having pain in the right side of chest. I believe it is because of gastric issue. It was slightly swollen up in the right side of my chest. Kindly advise what could be the reason & treatment for the same. Thanks.
I have light discomfort on chest with light tightness and left shoulder pain. Left fingers also getting irritation .lightly breathing issue. What will be the problem sir.
I have fever since 11 days and also I am taking medicines to get rid of from this problem but nothing going well so please help? I am waiting for your solution thanks.
I am currently taking rosavasan for cholesterol. Triglycerides-356, HDL-34, TC/HDL RATIO-5.53. My blood sugar fasting-153, post-279, SGPT-92.4, AST-34.8" Please advise.
Dear sir/madam Me suffering last 2 weeks below neck to full stomach burning, if I will drink water also burning lot me consult once hospital given me some medicine and syrup if I will take medicine that day relief if not take medicine same burning start. Last two days I can't drink water also please give me your valuable suggestions.
Most families refer to their newborn baby as their 'bundle of joy'. The news of a child being born brings immense joy to the entire family. However, due to various reasons, a child could be born with some medical abnormalities, which would be known as congenital abnormalities. There are several different types of heart defects that can be congenital. These usually manifest themselves either immediately after birth or in the early years of life. In some cases, the abnormality could be detected on prenatal ultrasounds. In others, it may not be and the family could be caught off guard about the condition. This causes a lot of stress, both for the child, who does not receive regular postnatal care and for the parents immediately after the delivery process.
If the baby has the following symptoms within the first few hours of life, there could be a serious underlying condition, which requires medical attention. The presence and severity of the symptoms would depend on the actual abnormality.
- The skin is pale gray or blue in color due to excessive venous flow in the system
- Excessive sweating
- The child is exerting to breathe regularly
- Rapid breathing causes added load on the heart accompanied by a grunting noise
- Flared nostrils i.e. the baby attempts to take in more oxygen with each breath causes flared nostrils
- Swollen legs, eyes, and abdomen: Fluid retention in the legs and abdomen is quite common, and this could be characteristic of newborns with congenital heart disease
- Shortness of breath, even during feeding
- Clubbed fingernails
- Lethargy and low energy, even with feeding, therefore very poor feeding pattern
- Chest pain, which may cause the newborn to cry incessantly
- Low weight gain, as they feed less
In some children, symptoms manifest only during the teenage years or early adulthood. These conditions are not very severe and the symptoms include:
- Swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles due to fluid accumulation
- Lowered energy levels, leading to easy fatigue
- Shortness of breath with even minimal physical activity
- Inability to exercise
- Developmental delays and changes in growth milestones
- Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart failure, where the heart is not able to effectively function and pump blood to all parts of the body.
Some or more of these symptoms should trigger a warning to get the child tested for congenital heart disease. While some would just require a monitoring until severe symptoms develop, severe conditions like holes, abnormal valves, narrowed arteries, and blood vessel abnormalities might require immediate intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.