Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraj. H. NYour feedback matters!
I am 75 years old and very active. I am practicing C. A. On my right leg from waist to toe I feel pain. What should I do?
My wife is suffering from heel pain from last 2 years. The pain is severe while she wakes up in the morning and put her foot on ground later it subsides to some extent. We tried physiotherapy but very small relief occurred. What is the cure. Which therapy would be best?
The skeletal system encompasses all the bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage in the body. It performs a number of vital functions, like giving your body its structure, aiding bodily movements and producing new blood cells.
The hands and feet contain more than half the body's bones.
Our bones are not evenly distributed throughout the body; some areas in the body have far more bones than others.
Ouhand has 27 bones, and each foot has 26. This means that together the two hands and two feet have 106 bones. So, your hands and feet have over half of the bones in your entire body.
I am 54 year men and from last few months so. time suddenly my left leg ankle swell. Stiff.and pain. Doc say because of uric acid but my uric acid is always under 6.and I am taking feburic 40. Regularly so pl advise.
I am 42 years old women of assam state. From long time I have been suffering knee pain in both legs so kindly give me a curable medicine and high blood pressore now I am taking gen cart tablet. Please advise.
I have back pain for over 8 days so I consult other doctor but they say its OK but day by day pain is dangerous and up so what can I do?
How can we prevent for back pain? I have a sitting job for at least 12 hrs. & I have a bad back pain. How can I cure it? Kindly help.
Hai sir iam venky iam suffering from joint pains because of my body structure. I used lot of cures but no use tell me cures.
Hi I am 27 years and old and from last 3 months I am suffering with back pain. As by profession I am a software ESO my w.
* avoid forward bending and weight lifting
* avoid jerky movements or activity
* do exercise in limits of pain
* one can do alternate hot and cold application to painful site.
* surgery is not the last answer for any pain.
* minimal invasive pain management have good options to avoid surgery.
Im 31yrs old. Im having severe neck pain since 20-25 days that is left side ofneck even im not taking pillow since 2 months. Actually im having a uterine fibroid of 48*43mm since7 months and the treatment is going on. Last month on 30 th of octomber I took Inj. Decapeptyl 3.75 mg prescribed by my Gyn. After taking this injection I suffered from many problems such as severe neck and knee pain with stomach andback pain even I cant able yo bend now by seeing this myDr. stopped the injection and gave me calcium and vit D tablets and ask to wht for one month lets see what happens. Now presently im having too much pain in my neck. So I request to give a good suggestion. THANKYOU SIR.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.