Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajYour feedback matters!
Avoid excessive cleansing of your skin. Use soap/facewash not more than 2-3 times a day. Plain water can be used to cleanse whenever required. Pat dry your skin after washing it.
Keeping your skin moisturized is the key to healthy looking skin in winters. Pick a moisturiser with spf for mornings. Keep your lips happy and healthy with liberal application of lipbalm.
Though its very tempting to have a hot water shower, it should be best avoided. Hot water tends to dry your skin.
Use a body moisturizer within 3 minutes after your shower/bath.
Do not ignore the sun! cover your body to protect your skin from the cold dry winds and the sun.
Application of almond/coconut oil all over the body (other than your face) 20 minutes before a shower would help it stay soft and supple.
Skin is the mirror of internal organs, staying healthy is necessary to look healthy. Stay well hydrated and get adequate sleep. Include omega 3 fatty acids in your diet (especially beneficial in psoriasis), fruits, vegetables and nuts.
Exercise increses blood circulation to your skin and keeps it healthy. Avoid smoking and alcohol- nicotine causes premature ageing and makes your skin appear dry and dull.
Avoid using harsh astringents, alcohol based toners or peels on skin. Cream/oil based cosmetics keep your skin moisturized for longer hours.
Winters can exacerbate a few skin problems and help must be sought immediately.
Stay happy- it will show on your skin.
I have an oily skin. Will Himalayas cucumber soap reduce the amount of oil on my face? This oiliness dulls my face.
Mere chehre par pimples hai aur kafi nishan hai aur mera chehra black hota ja raha hai, me apna chehra clean and colour saf karna chahta hu. Please advise.
I have dark circles under my eyes. I wear glasses with power of +2.5. The optician told that it's a problem of skin and not the eyes. Please help me in reducing these dark circles.
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient.
I have 3 visible lumps around my anus area. My research on the net tells me it is piles. But those lumps do not scratch nor does it pain. What is it then?
I've Wheaties skin. Is there any medicine to make skin fair? Does decreasing melanin pigment can make skin fair?
Hello sir, I had done sex before 8 months. After 1 month little lump type rashes (size 1cm) occur in my front side in neck and gone after 6 days it will happened twice and eyes also irritate twice. Eyes irritate only 3 days and gone (not sure its irritate or burn) but some problem in my eyes. After this incident till now nothing goes to wrong with that me means no fever, no cold etc. Please tell me is there any type of hiv risk. I m worried about that. Please suggest me. Thank you.
My nipples are paining from last 2days very badly. My boyfriend bit it and pulled it. Its was my first experience. Now its paining. I can't even wear my dress. When I move it pains. What should I do to reduce this pain? Please suggest.
Helo sir I'm 31 years old boy I have a problem of under eyes dark circles I used some creams but result not good so pls give me advice what should I do for my dark circles suggest me.
Melasma, commonly known as skin pigmentation, is a skin disorder, which causes brown and blotchy spots on your face. Everybody craves to have spotless and flawless skin. But usually no one does anything about it. Contrary to popular belief, having perfect skin is not really difficult. You need to religiously follow your skincare regime to keep it healthy and flawless. In case you are suffering from melasma or have skin pigmentation,
Here are a few tips which you can follow:
- Apply raw potato on your face: Take a clean and fresh potato. Cut it into two halves and wet the exposed surface with a little water. Rub this on all the affected regions on the face and wash your face after 10 to 15 minutes with lukewarm water. Potatoes are extremely effective in removing pigmentation as they have an enzyme called catecholase, which can help to lighten darkened areas on the skin.
- Use apple cider vinegar on your skin: Apple cider vinegar helps to restore the natural color of the skin. It also contains beta-carotene, which helps to treat the damage done to the skin by the atmosphere's free radicals. In fact, one of the famous qualities of apple cider vinegar is to make the skin supple and bright.
- Apply aloe vera on your skin: Regular usage of aloe vera on the skin is one of the best and most effective remedies for skin pigmentation. Aloe vera can help clean the skin without harming the natural balance of the skin, as it has marvelous cleansing properties. It helps to reduce spots on your face, and also provides protection against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- A sandalwood pack can also work wonders: Sandalwood acts, both as a stimulant as well as a blood purifier. These two properties of sandalwood help it to treat skin pigmentation. Make a pack using sandalwood and rosewater and apply it to your face at least twice a day to get rid of the pigmentation. Sandalwood is also one of the major ingredients for a sunscreen as it can protect the skin from the harmful UV rays.
- Keep an eye on what you eat: Your diet plays a very crucial part when it comes to the wellbeing of your skin. Make sure that you add a lot of green leafy vegetables and foods rich in Vitamin A and C to maintain your healthy skin. Drink lots of water and eat a lot of fruits in order to keep your skin hydrated. This will also detoxify your body.
Follow the above tips and ensure yourself a spotlessly beautiful skin.