Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hello sir, I am 22 years old and I have scars on my face, my skin is oily when what is the best methods of removing scars.
Doctor, I am 22 years oldfrom last 2 months I am suffering from pimples. I had it from last 4 years BT it was present only on nose but now it has moved to cheeks and forehead. I am looking totally ugly . Even I don't like to see myself because my full face have been covered by it. Friends and family members are ignoring me I am taking azithromycin from last 18 days but no good results obtained. Please please suggest me help/medicine to get rid of it. Please.
I am 49 years female in per menopausal stage suffering from facial melasma and mild hirsutism. Am no anaemic or suffering from dub. Androgen levels and usg abd are normal. Kindly advise.
My buttocks knee elbow neck became black as compare to my skin tone i.e wheatish pale I read its because of dirt and lack of exfoliation please suggest me what to do and how do I get even skin tone in genital areas any kind of soap like vaadi body scrub soap or anything please help me.
My parents say that I was too fair in my young age that is upto 12 to 13 years, but now my skin color is not that fair as it was in my 12th age. Is it possible to regain my color back?
It is a well-documented fact in medical science that the ultraviolet rays and radiation have been considered as too carcinogenic for humans. This is a fact that has been endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO). These rays can causes a number of skin problems ranging from premature aging to skin cancer in case a person is exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time. Read this article to know how sun exposure can put your aging process on the fast track.
- All about UV Radiation: UV or ultraviolet radiation is found in the sunlight which travels to the Earth in the form of electromagnetic waves. This radiation passes through the ozone layers with the sunlight and gets absorbed as waves of energy that one cannot physically see or feel. So, if we were to avoid wearing protective clothing, hats and sunscreen, then we would be exposed to these harmful rays. Aging is the number one form of damage that can be caused due to these UV rays which are also classified as UVA or UVB. These rays are the number one cause of premature aging, while smoking comes in a close second.
- Skin Cells: The UV rays basically have an adverse effect on the skin cells which can also spread to the DNA in our skin. This can have a negative effect on the protective functions of our skin which in turn, affects the way our dead skin cells get replenished. It can also affect the production of collagen which is the chemical that keeps our skin supple and young looking. It also has a bearing on how many other chemicals are produced in our body. Over production of certain chemicals can also spell doom and lead to premature aging and pigmentation. Melanin is one such chemical which can cause deep tanning and pigmentation if it is present in large quantities - a problem faced mainly due to sun exposure.
- Photoaging: When the sun damages our skin due to prolonged exposure, this can be termed as photoaging in medical terms. This also signifies the loss of the skin's ability to repair itself due to repeated episodes of being in the sun without ample protection, which can impair the collagen production as mentioned above. This will result in a loss of skin elasticity which in turn, will lead to sagging skin.
- Skin Changes: The changes in the skin will get tattooed onto the skin's memory which will retain its leathery texture that would be a result of too much sun exposure over time. This can also lead to premature aging.
Always step out with plenty of protection and do not stay in the Sun for too long in order to avoid this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Please can you tell me how to remove white heads on my face. Actually I am using lac to calamine cream from sometime and now I am suffering from white heads. Please suggest me a better way to remove this and scars also.
I have faced with accident 6 months ago then I got scar on my face so give me good medicine to remove my scar permanently.
Hello Dr. Actually I want to do wax to my whole body but I heard that waxing by veet makes our skin black and it harms our skin too so please suggest me the way of waxing which won't harm my skin nor make my skin black. Please be true because my skin and personality matters a lot to me.
I have lots of pimples on my whole body. On my breast my shoulder back and on belly. Sometimes it was itching but now its not but there is lots of pimples mark.
In most cases, you can easily blame excess hair on your face on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone. But women produce testosterone too, albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain. Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you should know about:
- Blame your genes for cushing's syndrome or acromegaly as they are rare hormonal disorders and ovary tumors and they too can a cause of such a condition. However, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case.
- Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
Most cases can be treated with:
- Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
- Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
- Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
- Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
- Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
Sir, I am 24 years male. My forehead skin and skin below the lips is getting black and also there is a kind of black ring around my nose. My skin is not so fair but I want my natural skin back. I want even skin color on all my face. Can you suggest any remedy?
Hi my age is 23. I am having dark acne spots on my forehead, can you please suggest the way to get rid of acne and scars.
Sir, meri problam ye hai ki mujhe latrain ke saath blood aata hai aur bahut pain bhi hota hai. Ye problem last one year se hai.
Psoriasis can be defined as a skin condition, which is caused due to autoimmune disorders within the body. This is a condition where the skin on the body develops raised and dry areas which are reddish in colour while also being bordered by silvery scales.
Treatment of psoriasis in Ayurveda: Ayurveda has a different slant to conventional medicine with regards to the treatment of psoriasis. According to Ayurveda, it is the impurities in the blood, which cause the immune system to react adversely and cause this condition. Ayurveda concentrates on treating the underlying problems through the combination of changes in diet, home remedies and certain medications to treat this disorder. Some of them are mentioned below:
Changes in diet which will help purify the symptoms:
Some advice that is usually given to patients to clean up their diet and include certain other items are as follows:
- Avoid spicy food and try to eat food, which can be easily broken down within the digestive system
- Inclusion of more fruits and fruit juices in your diet
- Also include vegetables and also have a mix of boiled vegetables daily.
- It is better to avoid animal products such as animal fats, eggs, canned and processed foods from your diet.
- Regular consumption of butter milk and curd are known to be very good in blood purification and thus should be consumed in large quantities.
Some Ayurvedic tips and ingredients, which can help treat psoriasis:
Other tips that can be implemented as skin applications to treat psoriasis are as follows:
- Use avocado oil to rub on the affected areas as it is known to be an effective treatment when applied long term.
- Ensure that the skin is always moisturized by applying a soft, cream or gel.
- Periodic baths in sea water if possible is also good for lessening the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Aloe vera cream applied specifically on the patches is known to also lessen them overtime.
Few other tips to follow:
- Get into deep breathing and meditation to ensure that your body and mind are relaxed as this is very important during the healing process
- Expose the affected areas of your skin to mild sunlight for about half an hour daily as it is known to improve symptoms.