Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajYour feedback matters!
I am an 18 year old teenage girl and I get lots of pimples which ultimately leave ugly spots on my face. Also, I have dark circles under my eyes, which happen to be hereditary. Please suggest a way to cure these. Thank you.
My skin is very dry. I use olive oil to my face then also its to dry. Even washing face only with simple water my face become dry and dull.
I have oily skin I don, t have habit of using any cream like fair and lovely etc can you prescribe me any cream plz.
I am suffering with my skin tone. It is in black colour. I want to change my colour in to white and fairly. Ia it possible.
I am a 27 years old male and my hairline has started to recede especially on the left front side. I consulted skin specialist and he gave me Cipla Tu gain 5% solution. I applied it for abt 2 weeks only one or two drops max but stopped it as it was written on the manual that initially it cud lead to hair loss. I am in a fix whether to apply it or not. Does receding hairline is curable by this medicine or not? Thanks.
How to get rid of blackspot under my eyes? I used skin shine and skin light. I became fair but the blackspot under eyes was more know. So please suggest me. I want to get rid of those spots.
I have dry patchy appearance on skin after washing my face tried many soaps and facewash still same? So I use moisturiser s which will make my face dull and uneven coloured tone.What can I do for it Used novale soap and some kz lotion as prescribed still same
Hi am facing a skin problems so my skin was oily skin am using Himalaya products now bt am nt getting any results day by day my skin was very dark and thickness so pls suggest me any other cream or homemade recipe plss.
I got pregnant and I'm getting dark patches below my eyes, what shou I do? Is it normal to get those patches during initial days of pregnancy?
I have so many pimples on my face and so many darksport on the face what I do so that my face became beautiful.
I got my ears pierced yesterday. I want them to heal quickly. Earlier also few years back I got them pierced but I got severe infection due to which I had to remove my earrings n my ear holes got closed. I have a very sensitive skin what should I do? What care should I take? How to heal them faster?
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain Omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits.
Women can find unwanted hair growth very embarrassing. This is especially true if she sports hair growth on her face. Excessive hair growth on a woman is also known as Hirsutism. This differs from the usual fine 'peach fuzz' that covers the rest of the body. Such hair can be characterized as dark and coarse.
Hirsutism has a number of causes. Some of the most common reasons for this condition are:
- Genes: Hirsutism often runs in families. Thus, if your mother or grandmother suffered from this skin condition, chances are that you may suffer from the same. This is most commonly seen in people from the Mediterranean region and South East Asia.
- Hormones: Hirsutism is also linked to an abnormally high level of male hormones like androgens in the body. This is usually seen in cases where women suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Cushing's syndrome or tumors in the adrenal gland.
- Medication: A shift in hormone levels is also a common side effect of many types of medication. This is typically seen in drugs that include hormones, such as anabolic steroids, drugs that spur hair growth and drugs that help with endometriosis.
Facial hirsutism can be treated in a number of ways. Some of the ways to remove excess hair are:
- Shaving: This is an easy and quick way to remove unwanted skin. However, it may irritate the skin and with every shave, the hair growth may get coarser.
- Bleaching: This is a temporary solution for Hirsutism, but may irritate the skin and does not suit dark skinned women.
- Waxing: When done regularly, waxing can reduce the amount of hair growth. However, this is a painful technique and can cause skin inflammation.
- Laser hair treatment: Compared to the above forms of hair removal, laser treatment can remove hair for the longest period of time. However, this is not a permanent solution and can have side effects like the lightening or darkening of skin.
- Electrolysis: This is permanent solution to Hirsutism. It can require several sittings and may also lead to scarring or changes in skin colour.
- Medication: Prescription drugs can also change the way hair grows on the body. However, if you stop using this medication the hair growth with go back to its original form. Birth control pills and anti androgen blockers are the most common form of prescription drugs used to treat hirsutism.