Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajYour feedback matters!
Hey guys my aunty is 40 years old and she has the following problems- Kuhli, swelling, on the face and sometimes on body (sometimes when she goes into sun) And also her face is getting black so suggest any medicine. And she told me that she feels gulguli In her leg sometimes it's funny lol but please tell what's the problem. Thanks.
Her body tone is darkened due to visit in goa how can she get back her original skin tone and in case she wants to increase her skin tone how will she do this?
Sir I am having scars in my face what should I do to remove them. I used scars removal cream for 3 month but didn't see any change.
I have. Black spots on my face, neck. And back. It's very. Annoying for me. How can I get over it. Telk me what to do?
I am 15 years old gir. Right from my childhood I suffer from dark circles. I have had may treatment regarding tjis. What should I do now?
What is the symptoms of breast cancer (Women) in rural area's of India and the precaution to avoid this?
Hi I am 27 yr lady. I have lecuderma problem from last 4 yrs. Is is curable, if yes then what should I do?
My skin of near separate part almost remains with some spot of white colour and with itching whAt should I do?
I have MPDS Mayofacial Pain Dysfunction Syndrome problem from 7-8 years, and I am facing pain in jaw, what should be do, please help.
At my young age, my body had turned from fair to a lil brown because of dirt and sun. Although with the help of constant efforts with soap and heat therapy. I have my fair white skin back on my face and neck .and legs. And somehow fair on my back and stomach. But my arms (below elbow) still have that brownish colour. I have my farewell in 12 days .What should I do?
A glowing and clear skin is something that we all aspire to have. Irrespective of age, gender or profession, having a skin free of acne, blackheads, whiteheads and marks is something that is a welcome sight, for your own self as well as others who see you. A lot of people are blessed with impeccably flawless skin but they are many others who may have to go through treatments or medications to make sure that they are able to achieve the look that they desire the most.
As the year's pass, they tend to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of aging is our face. We have many ways with which we can manage to stop this wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the use of chemical peels.
How it works:
Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with help of other chemicals. It works by dissolving the dead cells of the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure reveals a new layer of skin, which is visibly brighter and younger. After the application of the peel, a neutralizer is applied to cease the action of the peel. Different skin types and skin issues may require varied concentrations of and type of chemical peel and only an expert in the field may be able to decide the exact need.
Since the skin may become a bit sensitive after the treatment, it is essential that anyone who undergoes peeling treatment ensures following precautions:
- The skin may become sensitive to soap, which is why washing the skin with soap needs to be avoided for 24 hours or as instructed by the specialist.
- If there is mild redness of the skin, a cold compress can be used to ease the irritation. However, if the irritation or redness is excessive, it needs to be brought to notice of the doctor.
- Bleaching, waxing, facials or other such treatments should be avoided for at least a week or as suggested by the dermatologist.
- It is also advisable to avoid heavy makeup for a short period of time after the chemical peel is carried out so that the skin gets enough time to recover itself.
Chemical peeling has several advantages:
- It is a safe and effective procedure with minimal complications.
- It is inexpensive and totally affordable.
- It can be easily combined with other modalities like micro-needling and microdermabrasion.
- Many peels can be done as a lunch-time procedure and patient can resume work immediately.
With the advent of the wide variety of peeling agents, a large number of problems can be addressed and peels can be customized according to needs of the patients. With the best medically approved cosmetic practices at your disposal, you may have to look no further for the glowing and radiant skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
2. Skin folds or creases (groin, underarms, abdominal folds) need to be kept clean and dry. Increased moisture and warmth in these areas may act as a good environment for microbial proliferation.
3. Wear cotton clothes in summers. One should preferably use a footwear with good aeration if frequently getting foot infections or use powder prior to wearing shocks and try to remove shoes and provide aeration to feet during recces time.
4. Skin rashes can not only be due to infections, but also be caused by allergy to footwear, cosmetics, tapes, soaps, fabrics, color leaching out of fabric, jeans buttons or sometimes due to irritant dermatitis on coming in contact with irritants like certain highly concentrated disinfectants, etc whole body rashes could result from food or drug allergies or viral exanthem (viral fevers). Consult a dermatologist to ascertain the type of rash and take proper treatment. Avoid self medication as it may complicate your condition. E. G. A rash of hepres zoster may be mistakenly treated by self medication and when it does not respond one reaches the doctor late when actually the treatment should have better results when started within 72 hours, and best if started within 24 hours. The risk of postherpetic neuralgia that is pain persisting after treatment for herpes zoster skin rash is higher when treatment not started early.
5. Use moisturizing creams or ointments for dry skin. Avoid alcohol based products over dry skin as it will cause further dryness.
6. For people with urinary and stool incontinence- use good diaper and change them frequently. Change diapers immediatley on soiling with stool. Urine and stools can irritate the skin and damage the skin barrier and cause breakdown of skin- red rashes, raw areas.
7. Avoid frequent use of excessive talc powders as they can" cake up" and keep moisture in and thus promote microbial growth in folds especially over neck fold of small children.
8. Use proper fitting footwear with soft soles to avoid hardening of skin at pressure points. Regularly use moisturizer over feet at bedtime to keep the feet soft and supple. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer at night would keep feet softer. For diabetics if they have neuropathy use plain tap water or lukewarm water should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm.
9. In old people with thick nails, its easier to cut the nails after soaking in water for 30 minutes.
Quite strikingly, Acne can become a persistent cause of your worries, if left untreated. Acne not only harms you physically, but also damages your psychological health. Persistent acne can result in a pockmarked face, making you feel sullen and unsure of yourself. Acne refers to a condition where the skin perpetually develops stinging, red bumps. Red pimples might show on your face, shoulders, back or neck. The bumps usually take a lot of time to heal and they leave behind deep scars. And, in order to treat, such scars one can go for cosmetic dermatology procedures.
Acne Scars: What are they?
When inflamed blemishes, result from crushing of excess oil, bacteria and dead cells in your skin pores, enlarge and swell up breaking the follicle wall, acne scarring is caused. One can get rid of acne scars through the natural healing process of your skin if the lesions are not very deep. Deep lesions will require medical assistance. New collagen formation can heal such scars, but it doesn't restore the radiance and tautness of your original skin. Acne scars can be divided into two broad types:
Hypertrophic and Keloid scarring: Raised tissue on the surface of the skin following excess collagen production causes such kind of scars.
Atrophic or depressed scarring: These scars are caused due to reduced tissue production. Small, but noticeable holes on your skin are called Ice picks. However, the boxcar is a scar, which is similar to a chicken pox mark.
Causes of Acne scars:
- Malfunctioning of hormones even after the age of puberty can lead to acne formation in both males and females.
- Food items rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. Dairy products could also worsen the condition.
- Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition.
- Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
Treatments of Acne scars:
Cosmetic dermatology procedures can successfully help you do away with acne scars. Blue-light therapy, is a procedure in cosmetic dermatology, which can work wonders for acne scars. A narrow- band, but high - intensity Blue-light is used to counter Porphyrins released by bacteria causing acne. Porphyrins easily absorb Blue-light and the light leads to radical damage of Porphyrins when used in certain wavelengths.
There are certain topical creams available, which can improve mild scarring, most of the acne scars are either depressed or raised type and need a combination of surgical procedures and skin resurfacing. The therapeutic options that are currently available to treat acne scars include subcision, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, derma rollers, chemical peels, TCA cross, ablative lasers, fractional lasers and dermal fillers.
Fractional resurfacing laser is one of the most effective treatments for acne scars. It is a minimally-ablative technique that creates microscopic zones of dermal injury in a grid-like pattern. This helps in collagen remodelling, skin tightening, scar improvement, reduction in fine lines, improvement in texture, tone and colour of the skin. A series of 4 to 6 sittings are usually needed for optimal results. Each session lasts for one hour and is performed at monthly intervals.
Certain types of scars such as the ice pick and rolling scars, pixel laser are combined with subcision, dermal rollers and TCA cross. In addition, punch excision and softening of margins with laser can be done for box scars. All the mentioned procedures are well-tolerated with local application of anesthetic creams before procedure. With these procedures, improvement of scars is seen over several weeks.
Lately, injectable dermal fillers are being used for correction of acne scars, giving it a smoother appearance. This is semi-permanent and needs to be redone as and when required. Timely treatment of acne is necessary to keep, both unwanted pigmentation and scars at bay. So, get rid of your scars and make the dream of blemish free and smooth skin come true.