Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraj B.nYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pain since 5 days, I have pain in waist. Day by day it is increasing, I consult with neurologist ,he said that I have much white blood cells than normal range. What should I do?
My age 41 year old my leg is paining every night and I do some work so I am very tired so pls answer me.
I have knee pain from about 1year. I met many docs but no got relief. please consult, The pain starts more when i am running or after long walk (about 2-4 Km).
My right neck shoulder and hand pains a lot. Doc said trapezius is in spasm. I use laptop a lot and smartphone too. I have long hair so I normally tie a jooda. Sometimes there is numbness in hand n fingers and sometimes there is pricking pain. I. M taking zerodol & multivitamins. But its not helping much.
Respect sir, I have severe back pain since 4 years due to nerve pressed from hip of right leg (sciatica) and numbness & serve pain in knee & ankle. I have done physiotherapy several times and applied various ointments, should I go for operation. Please help me.
I have a 10 months old baby girl. Mine was a c-section and I am suffering from a very bad back pain since my delivery. So can you please suggest me wat to do to get rid of this back pain.
I am 18 years I have backbone problem please tell me the solution. It is comes studying in constantly sitting.
I'm suffering from muscle pain from two weeks. What should I do to prevent from muscle pain in elbow n shoulders. Should I follow any extra food items in my diet.
Hello. Due to continuity of sitting in a same posture full day for studying, somethings my neck pains too much, I apply pain relief gel that gives me relief only for some time. Can I get a proper suggestion for this issue ?
I am 20 year old male. For the last few weeks I have been noticing my legs and think that I have bowlegs .I don't know whether it is bowleg or not or just because my legs are thin thats why I am assuming it so. Can it be cured now if it is bowleg?
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.