Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I am 23 years old un married girl, i'm suffering from pcos, I have a hair loss problem Dr. please help me, give advice to overcome it naturally, around 80-90 hair strands are falling per day, if head bath taken some more hair is falling.
Is skipping meals a good way to reduce weight, if not then please tell me an effective method for weight loss?
My Age is 49.6 I am working in firm as a manager My weight is 82 kg and height is 5.5 feet. My diet is fix 2 chapatti in morning and 2 chapatti and I wati rice in after noon and same in night. My weight is constant but not getting down please help
Mam, I am suffering a pcos problem and all other reports are normal like thyroid, sugar. I am take medicine of this problem. But at the time of pregnancy, I also taking a medicine regular before the delivery. Pls advice me.
Hello sir my problem that when I am running my legs pain near knee (thin piece) it's pain normal not too much 10% but when I am normal walk it's not pain tell me what is my problem and what I am do I my much worried about this because after few day I am running for recruitment please help me.
I am 16 yeaoldld girl. There are soo many pimples on mah face that are not going from past 3years. I had gone to many doctors. BT I can't see the result. So would uh please tell meh abt removal of pimple?
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?