Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. NagamaniYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from keratoconus and my doctor said that it is in initial stage Please help me. How can I get rid of it naturally. I do not wanna go through a surgery.
I am 25 years of age boy, sitting most of the time in front of computer and screen. I was having dryness because of that, using misty eye drops for that. My question is that ,Is it OK to use misty eye drops regularly for dry eyes?
I am 52 years old. Of late my eye sight is blurred and not able to read clearly. Even distant view looks dim. I use reading glass. There is pain in my eyes and forehead. Please tell me what could be the remedy.
I have a red eye from five days what should I do? Please tell me its very irritating what should I do?
My brother is having tears from his eyes at least four times a day. Sometimes, he is having pain and now he can't see distant objects clearly. Is there any treatment without using any lenses?
I am 23 years old and I have squint in one eye And my vision is Right eye:- 3 Left eye :- 6 spherical 1 cylindrical 135 axis Am I partially blind or visually impair Can I get a physically handicapped or partially handicapped certificate. Please reply as soon as possible.
What should I do to improve my vision at night? I am unable to see clearly at night from past couple of months now.
My eye side is weak the number is my eye's 2.5. I wear glasses. Give me suggestion what should I do? Which steps help my eye side strong.
I am working in a multi national company, I work on computer regularly, now my eye sight is weak, what is the treatment?
Hi i am 30 years old male started suffering from vision loss in right eye and in two months time left eye vision loss started in third month he has lost vision in both eyes and hearing loss started in left ear. So far no diagnosis could be done by doctors
While working in the fitting shop some iron dust entered into my left eye. after 2 days eye become red and its still a bit red after 7 days.What should I do?
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activities like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes is less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise or even walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically around the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Sir my eye sight is -2.5 and I'm using glass for more than 7 years. I work on the computer most of the times. My eyes irritating and watering when I watch screen. Please consult me.
Sir good evening . I have two children's that's fine. But one thing request you sir. My elder male boy is now is 4 complete is coming is age is 5. Actually what is the problem mean. Every day evening that mean bed time two eyes rubbing. What should I do sir. Normal morning is ok. I want solution about eyes any irritation problem. Please give me a suggestion sir.
How to reduce my eye numbers I am a boy 21 year old I do not like wear specs, please say how to reduce it, it is possible or not? And operation is good or not?
Dear sir /madam, I am 22 years old. I have vision problem in right eye and also squint problem in same eye. But my left eye vision is normal. Left eye vision is 6/6 or right eye vision is 6/60. So please tell me how to improve my vision. Is any solution for this problem. Is eye replacement (cornea /lens) helpful in this condition. I would be grateful if you give me suggestions.
The best medicines and vegetables and fruits to beat eye problem like minus power and squint to my daughter of 3 years old.
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. However, there are a number of myths regarding what you should do and what you shouldn't do when it comes to maintaining good eye health.
Here are 5 of those myths busted:
Myth #1: reading in dim light and sitting too close to the tv hurts your eyes
Fact: sitting too close to the tv, you may feel eye strain or get a headache from reading in the dark, but it will not weaken your eyes. It fatigues your eyes but does not harm your eye health in any way.
Myth #2: eating carrots will improve your vision
Fact: carrots are rich in vitamin a, a nutrient essential for good vision. But eating carrots will only provide a small amount of vitamin a. To get the optimum amount, you need to include other sources of vitamin a in your diet as well, some of which are milk, cheese, egg yolk and liver. Spinach is best for eye health. It has lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which can help prevent cataracts.
Myth #3: if you wear glasses or contacts for a continuous period, your eyes will weaken
Fact: your eyes will not grow weaker by using corrective lenses. The prescription may change over time due to aging or absence of disease but it has nothing to do with your current prescription. Some children have correctable eye problems that do require glasses to improve the condition.
Myth #4: when you get something in your eye, rub it out
Fact: this is not true for everything that gets in your eyes. If any particle falls in your eyes dust it off. But if it is sand and small debris that gets in your eye, don't touch it. Use an eye wash for flushing it out. If an object gets stuck in your eye, don't remove it or rub your eye constantly. Visit a doctor at the earliest because some serious injuries may seem minor at first.
Myth #5: dark sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun
Fact: the color of sunglass does not ensure eye protection. Look for sunglasses that block both uva and UVB rays. Exposure to the UV-rays of sunlight can have cumulative effects on your eyes. It increases your risk for cataracts, solar retinitis, and age-related vision loss. Even if your contacts have UV protection, wear sunglasses that block 100% of uva and UVB rays for full protection.