Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagalathaYour feedback matters!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My daughter is 3 months old. I feel to continue at least for 1 year My milk supply is very low please give me prescription to increase breast milk.
My baby boy aged 40 days, giving feeding regularly my nipples become pain and having trauma. Advice me.
My child is in 4th standard. He is 10 years old. But his height and weight are poor. His diet is ok. But no increment in weight. His weight is 16 kg. Is there any treatment for weight and height gain?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
thanks your were helpful. My daughter is 2 years old she has summer boils all over in head what to do.
Hi. My son will complete 15 months in a week. But he still dose stand or walk on his own. He holds sofa n walks. But when I hold his hands n make him walk he dose want to walk. Few of the doctors v consulted said not to use a Walker. What shud I do? How to make him walk as he is already delayed in walking. Will putting him in Walker help?
My son is 6 months old. I have started giving him cerelac. Just wanted to know if it is okay for the baby. If yes, How many times a day can it be given? When and how much?
My baby girl is 6 Months old. She was born in twins (baby boy) She is very weak. Her leg and hands are very soft she moves her leg and hands but not like her brother. Her brother can put his feet properly. Use ek hath se pakad lo to wo stand krta h bt wo leg bhi ni zin per, i'm very much worried about her. Kya wo chal payegi ya khade ho payegi apne leg par. Please advise me what should I do for her?
Should I allow my 3 months old baby to suck finger, I am not allowing him fearing he may get infection in his stomach and cause stomach pain.
My baby is 3 month old boy is suffering from running nose and cough for last four days. There is no fever. Is there any role of antibiotic now? And how can I clean his nose?
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal