Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagalakshmi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. NagalakshmiYour feedback matters!
These days everything is available, including a new body. You can get a new nose, jaw, perky breasts and yes, a brand new hymen as well, all through plastic surgery. The procedure of hymen restoration or reconstruction is called hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy, virginity surgery or just hymen reconstruction surgery. The hymen, as you know is a ring-like membrane in a woman’s vagina. It usually ruptures due to vigorous exercise or sexual penetration. This is also usually the reason many women, egged on by families, decide to go for the reconstruction of their hymen because certain cultures value female virginity and losing one’s virginity before marriage is a taboo.
Benefits: The benefits of hymenoplasty , if any, are that it allows women to take control of their futures in conservative societies. If she has been sexually active pre-marriage, she can still decide to go for a traditional marriage without the fear of ostracization. Hymenoplasty surgery restores the ability of the hymen to bleed at intercourse on the wedding night. Victims of sexual assault can also use the procedure to get over the traumatic event and its memories. Some women like to get a hymen rejuvenation to feel young again.
Procedure: Hymenorrhaphy can be done months or years after a woman loses her virginity. It must be performed only by a plastic surgeon. In this procedure, the torn edges of the hymen are sutured back together. If done correctly, the touched-up hymen appears as good as new and bleeds on sexual penetration. Sutures dissolve by themselves after a few days. Hospital stay is only 5-6 hours post hymenorrhaphy. The procedure is done under anesthesia and it usually takes less than an hour to finish. Patients are discharged from hospital the same day and are advised not to do any vigorous activity like playing games, climbing stairs, and of course sex.
Risk involved: There are no documented risks of hymenoplasty and there are no complications either, if the surgeon is good. If an adverse reaction occurs, it’s temporary. Usually any discomfort in the private parts and swelling in the outer parts of the vagina usually subsides within days.
Recovery: The recovery time is minimal and the patient can return to work next day, if she wants. Complete healing, though, takes approximately 4 weeks. Good hygiene is important to avoid infection. Patients are advised to contact their doctor immediately after a hymenorrhaphy if there is fever, abdominal pain, bleeding from vagina or the reconstructed hymen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I missed my period. Now it's 13 days last. I did hpt after 1 week of missed period. Last 8 months I am taking glycomet, folsafe, duphstron, my cycle is 28 days (I've PCOD) last month I toke only glycomet and folsafe. And I missed period. Between last month my husband was out of station for 10 day (in my 10th to 17th of my period). I am feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen. Is this pregnancy sign?
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain, especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that your doctor will help you with.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Dr. This is vidya completed with 17 weeks of pregnancy. Still my weight is not increased. It is 70 from the day first of my pregnancy also I am not feeling to eat what should I eat so that weight will get increased n my weakness will go off.
Common Cause of Infertility in Males
Problems with male fertility can be caused by a number of health issues and medical treatments,we at India IVF Clinic have best treatment of male infertility. Some of these include:
• Ejaculation issues
• Antibodies that attack sperm
• Undescended testicles
• Hormone imbalances
• Sperm duct defects
• Chromosome defects
• Problems with sexual intercourse
• Certain medications
• Prior surgeries