Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Sir, my face is darker than my body as found normal. Is there any remedy for this. If I used any cream is it give me permanent solution?
Hello I am 21 year old female. I have under eye circles and I am very thin, tell me how can I help myself
Sir I am 18 years old and my skin is oily skin so what I should use please say the best soap to make my skin glow. Please advise.
I am 23 years old, My skin is oily, I have pimples and have many black scars on my face. How can I remove my black scars quickly?
Mere papa kii legs pe white spots h almost from last 4-5 days unme bhot kharish bhi hoti h or vo fell rahi h there. Please tell the solution of this.
I have one type of skin problem which is not get cured I have no pain or any other issue about it but my skin look like skin of snake this skin problem appear more in winter season and become less in summer what I should do please refer some medicine I tried homeopathy medicine.
I have lot of black head on my nose as well as on forehead and also have oily skin can you help me out with this problem?
Hi, I am 26 years old girl and I have lots of acne spots in my face just because of red and white pimple. How will I get rid of this problem?
The most big pblm with me and I think most of them and that is dark circles how to get rid off. I have used garnier under eye cream. And 2 more cream whose cost are more than 600 but then also no effect so please Dr. help me and many of them for this basic pblm. I have to disappear it completely. I am only 23.
Hi I am 32 Years old from last 6 months my skin become very dry feeling itchy and after that it is converting in dark spot in my whole body specialty in my back what should I do?
I want a soap which whiting the skin which helps body and face. I had used derma dew for 3months but I didn't get any result please suggest me any other which results More.
My lips have become dry. It has been around 6-7 months. I have tried every cream and lip moisturiser and also tried warm ghee but got no help. When I apply ghee it relieves me for about 3-4 hours and then again dryness is there. What should I do?
My husband has dark circles. He has tried all ointments last one was wunder eye cream which did not work. He has sleep of 7 hours. Healthy and fit. Can help.
I am having hemorrhoids for past 1yr and I'm using smuths ointment. But the problem is that is not healing properly. When I eat chicken or paratha the blood starts to come from my rectum. What will I do.
I have intense itching in my pelvic area and some other body part red red spots form .please suggest some medicine or lotion so I get rid of it. I often suffer from this.
Age 28 male. Dark. My skin is dull. Tanning and pigmentation on facial skin. My facial skin is 2/3 shades darker than my chest. I want to get a smooth natural skin also get 2/3 shades lighter complexion. How can I get it? Is glutathione capsules helpful? Is there any other med?
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"