Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I have a girl Baby of 1 year and 6 month old. She is not fair and her skin looks very dull. Her weight is about 7 kg .She is very lean and thin. She does not like to eat sweet food. Please help me how can I care her complexion and her growth and weight. Provide me a proper guide of meal and its quantity to be given to the baby so that her complexion and her growth can be improved.
Male 39 yrs: had 1-2 round patches on my head on 1 on my chin. I had dandruff too. The first doctor prescribed desonide lotion, ketoconazole stay on lotion, ketorex zpto shampoo and becosules. I did this for around 3 months but no relief and patches increased. I consulted another doctor. He said it was alopeca areata and gave tacrolimus ointment, biotin tablet and ketorex zpto shampoo. Tried for 1 month and ther was not much difference and patches increased. Then he gave momerex-s ointment, biotin tablet and ketorex zpto shampoo. I tried that too for some time. Now patches are large with old patches combining. What should I do? please help.
After burning and itching in anal region due to massage and shaving in rusted blade from past 1 month, now I feel light pain in left side anal flesh. From 3 years I have gerd and used to go to toilet 4-5 times in morning maybe IBS, 10 days back I took Himalaya bael for some days, I go to toilet only once but feel like my rectum is still full for whole day, endoscopy was done in 2013 and gerd was told, should I go for colonoscopy for anal pain.
I'm having anal fissure and itching in anal region. So what is the best ointment for healing of fissure and get rid of itching quickly.
Sir/Ma'm, I am a male and my age is 24. please tell me how to make my facial skin smooth because my face is rough and dull.
Hello dr, iam 22 year's old. My skin tone is medium fair. But I have light brown dark circles around eyes & darkness around chin & forehead. I hve tried many creams but doesn't suited!
Sir how to get pink lips home remedies please tell me please sir I am boy of age 20 how to remove skin tan please get me the ans.
I have many more black spots on my face and also a little bit of pimples on my cheeks due to that black spots face becoming black. What I have to do?
Dark brown patches above waist area and below neck such as on stomach, near chest area, shoulders, mostly around chest area for last 2 years. Absolutely no itching etc. Texture of skin different at the place of patches. Slightly rougher than normal. Similar discoloration/pigmentation was there on face around chin, cheeks, forehead for the last 8 years or so. Every time consultation for face pigmentation was done some sunscreens were prescribed. Not much improvement. No treatment taken for patches below neck and above waists. Please suggest treatment and also what is the diagnosis.
What prevention's do we need to exercise to avoid skin cracking problem during this winter? Please advice.
A breast augmentation surgery can leave you with bigger and fuller breasts, but can also leave you with a few scars. These scars typically appear on the lower half of the breast, under the arm or around the areola. Scarring depends on the type of skin, as well as how well your skin heals after the surgery. Like any other, the scars caused by breasts augmentation surgery can be treated in a number of ways. Some of these are:
- Silicone gel scar treatment: This involves applying silicone gel onto the scar and allowing it to dry. For best results this needs to be applied daily and left on, for as long as possible. Silicone gel shrinks the scar while simultaneously flattening it and lightening it.
- Silicone sheeting: Silicone sheeting is a strip of silicone available in a variety of shapes depending on the type of surgery undergone. It is a self-adhesive and can be reused. This is typically used to treat scars on creases or areola scars. Both silicone gel and silicone sheeting are most effective when used within 6 months of the surgery.
- Cortisone creams: Cortisone is a hormone that helps fight inflammation. Creams that contain cortisone when applied on a scar can help lighten it and reduce its size. If you plan to use cortisone creams to treat scarring, ensure that the wound has healed completely before applying the cream.
- Dermabrasion: This is a minor surgical process through which the upper skin layer is removed. This is especially useful in cases of raised scars but not suitable to sunken scars.
- Massaging the affected area: A soft circular massage of the operated area can help drain the lymph nodes beneath the skin. This helps reduce inflammation and softens the skin. This also helps break down dense collagen and prevents the formation of a raised scar. However, do not attempt to massage your breasts without consulting your doctor first.
- Laser treatment: Lasers can be used on new as well as old scars. The number of sittings required for laser treatment depends on the size and type of scar. When used on keloid scars, laser treatment can help flatten the scar and reduce redness. Lasers can also be used to stimulate the production of collagen to help the body heal itself. Further, ablative lasers can be used to vaporize scars and are the preferred form of treatment for sunken, irregular shaped scars.
1. Iced green tea
How to use
Take a glass of warm water and steep a green tea bag into it. Remove the tea bag and pour the contents into the tray. Place the tray into freezer and allow it to form ice cubes take one ice-cube and rub all over the face. Just note before rubbing the ice cubes steam your face so that the pores get open and the goodness of green tea enter the pores. Do it twice a day in the morning when you get up and before going to sleep.
Green tea contains a high amount of antioxidants that fight free radicals that damages your skin. It has antiseptic properties that killed germs that causes acne and pimples and keep your skin beautiful and healthy.
2. Baking soda and lemon juice mask
How to use
Take a bowl add 2 tablespoon of baking soda and add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to it. Mix it properly to make a thick paste. Apply the paste to the affected area. Let it dry for 5 -10 minutes. Once it dries take some water on your hand and slowly scrub the affected area on your face. Wash your face using luke warm water and pat dry. If your face becomes too dry then apply some antiseptic lotion or moisturiser.
Baking soda helps to keep the skin pores clean by removing bacteria and excess oil that causes pimples. Lemon acts as a natural bleach that lightens the skin and remove dark spots. It helps to remove the dead skin and gives a fairer complexion.