Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naga Rathna Ds
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naga Rathna DsYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman's life when there is an added focus to take care of yourself and your unborn child. The adage 'you are what you eat' takes on a whole new meaning during this period as it becomes the soon to be mother's responsibility to pack in extra nutrition to nourish her growing bump. Doctors often add in a dose of vitamins to ensure that the both mother and child are well nourished. But beyond that, the food choices you make will maintain a healthy weight gain for you and your baby and eventually even help when you want to shed the extra weight after your child is born.
Here are some tips to have a perfect diet during your pregnancy
- Load up on the good stuff: Even if you've always been eating healthy, it is time to crank things up a notch and include more proteins, vitamins, minerals especially folic acid and iron and some extra calories for energy and increase it as you progress in your pregnancy. But eating to get more nutrients doesn't have to mean eating more in general. If you are already at a healthy weight, then you don't need extra calories in the first trimester. In the second trimester, you need about 340 extra calories a day and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester. The numbers will change if you are underweight or overweight.
- Say no to some: During pregnancy, give a skip to food items like raw seafood and undercooked meat and poultry. This could lead to potentially dangerous infections. Other foods to steer clear from include unpasteurized milk and soft cheese. All of these are possible sources of bacteria that can be harmful to an unborn child. It is always good to give your fruits and veggies a good extra wash, as always. Try to avoid the known culprits like popular local fruits that may be laden with artificial ripeners. Also avoid food with excess oil or preservatives. You will also have to say a complete no to alcohol or smoking during this period. While most sites suggest that you also ditch your caffeine fix, you can best keep it less than 200 mg or 12 ounces in a day. Stick to decaffeinated tea and sodas when possible. Some other foods that have to be avoided during pregnancy are packaged food, cold drinks, preserved food items as they contain preservatives, which are harmful. Also, chinese food should be avoided as it contains monosodium glutamate, which is again harmful due to teratogenic chemical.
- Diet a big no: Another big no during pregnancy is dieting or controlling the intake of food to lose weight. Pregnancy is the time you actually, for once, get to legally gain weight and be happy about. Don't mess up your natural system with forced diets.
- Keep the food coming: Pregnancy is the time for food craving at all odd hours and the time to give into them without an ounce of guilt! If you are dealing with nausea and food aversion, try to stick to small meals throughout the day. Replace the chips with carrot sticks and the pizza slice with soup. If that sweet tooth starts acting up, give it a frozen fruit dessert or shake.
My gf has a prob abt her periods. She's 22 years. Height 5.5 & weight 68 kg. She never gets her dates on time and also every time its late. She gets so much pain during dates that she can't even stand properly neither she feels like eating while those days. Plz help wat should she do to get it normal.
My wife is 31 weeks pregnant now. Our gynecologist put cervical stitch for her. When they open the stitch before delivery (at which week) ? Or they do caesarian or is there any possible for normal delivery ? If it so what is our contribution for normal delivery ?
A stem cell facelift includes face grafting. It is used for removing the unwanted and extra fat from an area of the body and then transfers it to the face. The fat in our body contains naturally regenerative cells. These also include blood vessel producing cells, adult stem cells and growth-secreting cells. With this facelift, the person’s own cells are infused into their superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) as well as under the facial muscles. When these meet with the aged facial tissues, they generate new and healthy tissues that give you rejuvenated skin.
Here is how this treatment is a great procedure:
- Eliminates Loose Skin: This procedure tends to reposition the patient’s tissues by adding volume and stretching skin..
- A Better Body Contour: This procedure starts with a gentle liposuction technique. It removes the unwanted fat from different parts of the body. However, the procedure only targets the stubborn fat that cannot be burnt. This is usually present in the belly, abdomen, hips or thighs. This helps the body in both ways and makes the body appear more slender.
- A More Volumized Skin: The fat that is injected, pumps the skin, making it look more youthful. It fills the hollow areas and rejuvenates the wrinkles and fat lines, giving your skin a more youthful and smooth appearance.
- Natural Looking Results: The treatment does not make a person’s face look artificial or out of place. It only remodels it in a natural way. The previous surgical techniques used to cut the skin, pull it tight ,therefore it used to appear artificial and plastic-like. With the stem cell facelift, a lot of volumes is added to the skin however, it fits the hollow areas and the wrinkles are smoothened but the skin is not pulled as tightly as before. It makes your skin look youthful and plump.
- Less Bruising and Faster Recovery: The conventional facelift methods use scissors and scalpels and it can cause a lot of bruising and bleeding. This stem cell treatment, however, uses an electric knife and it stops the bleeding and cuts. It also helps in a faster recovery.
- Customized Treatment: Unlike the conventional methods, this treatment can be customized according to a patient’s need and medical history. Only the areas they need should be rejuvenated, are treated.
A stem cell facelift is obviously better than other facelifts. However, surgeons these days only operate on specific cases where it is genuinely required and not just for simple beautification reasons the same. Procedures like this might cause a lot of money hence; the requirements should be taken into account accordingly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Which pill is good to remove pregnancy? Is giving pill for removing pregnancy cause any harm or not? It is secure or not?
Hi sir I am married men my wife doesn't show in interest I want to increase the sexual desire in my wife Please prescribe me any treatment or any medicine for this.
I am 26 years old female. Is it safe to have sexual intercourse without protection 4 days before my periods. Or is there chance to conceive? If so what can I do to avoid it?
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, the study says, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist emphasising on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
4. Folic acid for pregnancy
During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
6. Medical investigations
You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
a. Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
c. Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
d. Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
e. HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
f. Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!