Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.
Mere teeth kafi lamba or ucha ho ke agaya. Muje abh kiya karna chshiye kaise teeths thik karu please bataye?
Hi, I had bad habit if chewing tobacco because of that my teeth does not look good. What should I do?
I am 24 years old boy. My very pain in teeth. Am very medicine used but not stop my pain. So please help me.
I am male 75, Recently a week back I have noticed that the stainless steel wire attached to my upper denture missing I doubt whether I might have swallowed the small steel wire during sleep, or it might have fallen while cleaning the dentures during brushing. I have not noticed any pain in my stomach even after a week now. Suggest me what to do?
My teeth are misaligned so after getting braces when my teeth are aligned and I have a proper bite so it will affect my jaw also . Make it look better .change it ?
Here are few myths and common queries that our patients ask us regarding mouthwashes:
1. All mouthwashes are equal:
Mouthwashes can be classified as cosmetic and therapeutic. Rinsing with cosmetic mouthwash will loosen bits of food from your teeth, lessen bacteria in mouth, temporarily reduce bad breath and leave a refreshing taste in your mouth. These products can't make a greater claim than that. Therapeutic mouthwashes contains active ingredients like chlorhexidine, fluorides, cetylperidinium etc, which have proven active against fighting plaque and bacteria (s) in mouth for longer duration.
2. Mouthwash is harmless:
Many mouthwashes contains high amount of alcohol which may cause dry mouth and ironically in turn causing bad breath. Alcohol free mouthwashes are also available. Active ingredients like chlorhexidine causes temproary altered taste in mouth and is not recommended to be used for longer duration.
3. Mouthwash cures bad breath:
Mouthwashes temporarily curtains bad breath. Causes of bad breath are variable and should be accessed before unjustified use of mouthwashes.
4. Mouthwash can replace brushing:
Mouthwash acts as an add-on, not replacement for brushing and flossing. Use of mouthwash in conjunction with brushing and flossing will improve overall personal oral hygiene.
5. A little swish will do:
Generally we swish mouthwash in a few seconds because of its bitter taste or lack of knowledge. Mouthwash should be diluted as per the instructions given by the manufacturer and should be swished vigorously for 30 seconds.