Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N Yamuna
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N YamunaYour feedback matters!
Dental erosion is the erosion of the upper surface and the enamel of your teeth. The enamel is the thin outer covering of the teeth and the cover of the crown which is the visible part of the tooth below the gums. There are no living/active cells in enamel and thus, cannot be repaired once it is damaged. Dental erosion happens when acids wear down the enamel, thus resulting in pain and subsequent decay.
A few causes could be:
- Consuming soft drinks which have large amounts of phosphoric and citric acids.
- Consumption of fruit-flavored candies or sweets
- Acid Reflux disease can also be one major cause
- Genetics or hereditary conditions
- Following a high sugar content diet
- Improper care and friction
There are a few other causes of dental erosion. The prominent ones are:
- Attrition: There is a natural tooth to tooth friction that happens when you grind your teeth, particularly during sleep. This phenomenon is called attrition.
- Abrasion: The physical wear and tear caused due to biting hard objects and chewing tobacco on a regular basis.
- Corrosion: The damage caused due to high acidic content foods.
Dental erosion has to be treated early and you should consult your dentist before it causes permanent damage to your teeth. If the structure of your tooth is affected, then it may require complex and surgical treatment such as fillings, root canal or dental implant. The span of treatment may vary depending upon the complexity of your condition.
Certain precautionary measures are:
- You should eat a healthy and a well-balanced diet
- You should drink more of water (about 2-3 liters each day) as compared to processed juices or cold drinks
- Avoid smoking or chewing tobacco
- Don’t drink fruit juices, rather eat the fruit itself
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
I am suffering from serious mouth ulcer I take one tablet per day but its not overcome please suggest me what should I do.
sir, i am experiencing pain in the right cheek joint while taking food.as my mouth had small opening pain is considerable i am told that the existing problem is due to severe attrition and also due to deep bite as per the first hand information 18 teeth equires pct(all 8 molars ,top 4teeth due to ,misalignment, and bottom 6 as nerves r exposed).all 28 teeth requires capping. my request to dentists is pl throw some light regardig(1)anticipated cost of rct (2)capping or crowns cost for all 28teeth with pfm type with recommendation of reputed mfg( 3)time of completion (4)after going through this will the joint pain under control as regarding me i am 62 years old retired person with diabetic ,ht,thyroid,(all under control(almost normal) with medicines and pure vegetarian as the issue is big i need some guidelines from expert pannel to take right decission.thanks
2nd: change ur brush every 3mnths
3rd : Brush for 3mins