Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N S Yugandhar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N S YugandharYour feedback matters!
After one follow up fever was completely cured.
Hi. I am 24 years male. Staying in bangalore. I get pimples in my face. After pimples are gone. Black spots and small holes are left behind. White heads are also creating problem on nose. What should be done for these? Please provide proper solution.
I Am 25 years old. Female. Past four years I have problems in skin. In armpits and navel skin became dried and it coming out when I scrub. What to do?
My wife is hepatitis b positive and she gave birth to our daughter 7 months back My daughter got her hbig and first hepatitis b vaccine at around 42 hours. I am very much concerned about my daughter's health whether she would get the infection or not? What Should I do when should I get her tested? And what should I do if it comes positive? Please help I am in a lot of stress.
I have tonsils problem from long time .when I take antibiotics so I relieve but is there something for long time effect.
I had a issue with the pimples on my face from past 1 years. I want to solve with this naturally. Give me a suggestion please.
I am a diabetic, taking 500 mgs glycomate morning one and evening one. I am a vegetarian. I am not having sufficient energy to attend my day to day work.
Lybrate - Dr. Anirban Biswas talks about Thyroid Problems
Hello friends, I am Dr. Anirban Biswas. I am practicing diabetologist in Fortis C-Doc Hospital in New Delhi.
Today I am going to discuss with you about thyroid disease as you know thyroid disease is very common these days and most of the patients when they check their TSH is high, doctors suddenly declare that they have hypothyroidism. Now basically you have to understand what is thyroid disease? Thyroid is a disease which is a cause of a poor functioning of thyroid glands. It is a butterfly shaped organ which is located in our throat, basic function of a thyroid gland is to produce thyroid hormone and when thyroid hormone is deficient it is known as hypothyroidism. Basically the T4 and T3 are the active thyroid hormones.
TSH is a thyroid stimulating hormones which is not secreted by the thyroid gland but it is secreted by the pituitary gland. In response to the lesser secretion of thyroid, it is a feedback mechanism which is developed in our body. So whenever a patient has hypothyroidism, T3 and T4 levels are low or normal. TSH is high and it is compensating for the lack of the thyroid hormones. So this stage is known as sub-clinical hypothyroidism. And the symptoms of sub-clinical hypothyroidism is that patients may have sudden weight gain, patient may feel weak, lethargic, dryness of skin, patients may have other difficulty in managing their memory, routine activities, issues with their sexual and hormonal problems as well, heat and cold intolerance may also be there. So all these things are very common with thyroid patients, most of the patients come with the problem of weight and usually thyroid patients improve after substituting the thyroid hormone which is in the form of tablets.
Now a days, once a weekly tablets are also available for thyroid. Many of the doctors and patients don’t know but I have started once weekly which has a very good response and better come plans and I recommend the patients to take once weekly. Management of thyroid is easy but dose has to be titrated with frequent checkup of the thyroid function. And I am organizing thyroid checkup camps in my clinic on regular basis. The other problem of thyroid is hyperthyroidism which is the reverse of the hypothyroidism and in this, thyroid gland secretes the excessive thyroid hormone which causes the reverse action like weight loss, increases basal metabolism rate, eyes may start to protrude. These are the symptoms of hyperthyroidism. For this also, treatment is available.
Other things we should be careful about is that if we are having thyroid problem then we should avoid having too much of soya product and few vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli and we should take our medicine regularly.
If you have any queries regarding thyroid, you can please contact me through Lybrate.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying.