Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. N.s.shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
My weight is normal but my abdomen is more increase after delivery my weight is 65 KGS my height is 5.5 ft, please sir suggest me.
Hi I am 32 year old n having daughter of 2 years. My problem is that I have lack of interest in sex .I think I have to do BT I am unable. I feel very low.
My lmp is 1 April, my pregnancy is of 8 and half month. My afi level is 6.80.wat should I do to increase it upto 10.
Last time I had my periods a week before. How will I knw when will my next period come. I read some emergency contraceptions within three days after unprotected sex could help stop pregnancy. Now its been 7days how will I stop it with medicines and not without surgery or iud? please help.
I'm 29 years old. I want to ask that people get tired so much after they work or walk or travel so much but I never get any tiredness after how much I raom or travel or walk. There is no day where I get tired till today. Is there any particular reason. During my periods also I dnt get any tiredness I have even gone for picnic on my first day of periods.
Okay actually I. Was having sex on 1 may twice. On this month I have sex many times, now I periods have not came. It supposed to come on 21 like that. At night I feel dizzy type.
I am 23 years old. Early this month I have indulged in oral sex with my boyfriend. We have never had an intercourse. My periods were due by 8th or 9th of this month. But I have still not got my periods. On 21st, we had a urine pregnancy test done by a doctor, who explained that the test result was negative. He told me to have piramulet n for 5 days and consult if still I hv not got my periods. Is his advise correct? I am very nervous about my periods? are urine test accurate? or should I do a blood test? please advise.
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS, what this condition entails is a sudden and abnormal increase in the heart beat of an individual, causing them difficulty in breathing, dizziness, and even blackouts.
There are some factors that can trigger the situation and stem the sudden rise in the heart beat. Meeting with a medical expert may help bring the situation under control.
What is Postural Tachycardia Syndrome?
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS is a cardiovascular condition that is caused due to the sudden shift from an upright position to a supine position or vice versa. It is this sudden increase in heartbeat of an individual that is referred to as Tachycardia.
The longer you overlook this condition, the bigger is the trouble you are putting your health in. This is when it becomes extremely important for you to get in touch with a medical expert, who can offer you perfect consultancy, diagnose the causes and also find a result for the same.
What Causes POTS?
According to medical specialists, there are some factors that this condition stems from and it all differs from one person to the other. Some of the most common causes of the condition are-
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Faulty Gene
- Siogren’s Syndrome
Signs of Postural Tachycardia Syndrome:
There are multiple signs that indicate that an individual is stricken by Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. Some of the more common signs and symptoms include:
- Orthostatic Hypotension: Orthostatic Hypotension refers to the sudden increase in the heart beat by at least 30 beats per minute, within or after 10 minutes of rising up from a sitting or lying down position. Though the condition increases the heart rate, it does not trigger any drop or rise in blood pressure. Certain medications used to diminish this effect often extend some side effects, such as lightheadedness, palpitation, difficulty to breath, discomfort in the chest, weakness, heaviness in the chest area, nausea, cognitive difficulties and also stain on the vision.
- Effects in Response to Postural Change: Almost one-third of the people with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome are noticed to faint as a result of the increased heartbeat, almost 40 beats minutes, instead of the chance in postural position. Other symptoms under this head include a headache, migraine, disturbance in sleep, fatigue, acrocyanosis or blood pooling in feet, etc.
- Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome (EDS): Sometimes POTS is found to coexist in an individual with other conditions, such as EDS. This condition makes an individual prone to dislocation of bones, greater laxity in skin, loose- clicking joints, chronic fatigue, reduced level of tolerance towards any exercise, etc. According to medical specialists, though these are common symptoms of POTS, there might also be other signs. These signs and symptoms differ from one person to the other.
When Should You Consult a Doctor?
The moment you experience a POTS attack or for that matter notice some of the symptoms of the condition, it is time for you to consult a medical expert. The doctor will give you valued consultation, as well as diagnose the condition properly, thus finding the best treatment and suitable medication for you.
A girl with menstruation cycle is 32 - 36 having sexual intercourse during the time of her periods on 1 to 4 days. Is there any chance to become pregnant?
I am 23 years old I have 6 month baby after my 2nd delivery and family planning my belly size is not normal. How to reduce that and I can do crunch exercise or not.
My self lavanya. My body temperature is hot and I had Brown color discharge from my vagina. My period is on 11 I am 7 days late to my period am I pregnant.
Hi. Doctor meri behen ki daughter 6 mahine ki hai. Aur achanak se uski vagina se thodi bleeding hui aj. Kya usko koi problem ho sakti hai. please help.
My wife body on normal times also is so hot that even if she holds my hands or arms it feels like an hot iron has touched me, it's so hot that I can stand her touch for even 30 seconds as if my body will burn. She doesn't have temperature but still her body is usually extremely warm/ hot. Please suggest.
Me had sex with my bf 6 oct and took ipill with in 1 hr. Den 12 oct I was heaving bleeding. Nd. On 17 oct it stopped. I wana knw I am pregnant? (nd. Is dis bleed was my new menes cycle?) or I will bleed once again?
This is Nethra. When I'm in menses period I'll get a severe back pain and stomach pain so wts the precaution of that so please prescribe me.
How much alcohol can you safely drink every day? Moderate, say the experts. Alcohol abuse has serious health downsizes, but moderate drinking can actually be good for your heart. Moderate alcohol use has a few other health benefits too. Let’s see what these are.
- Reduces risk of developing and dying from heart disease
- Reduces your risk of ischemic stroke during which the arteries to your brain become narrowed or blocked, causing reduction of blood flow to your brain
- Reduces your risk of diabetes
The link between alcohol and health is tenuous at best and the health benefits of moderate drinking are by no means certain. Also every one may not benefit from alcohol. Moderate alcohol use - Guidelines
One drink a day is considered moderate for healthy women of any age and men older than 65, and up to two drinks a day for men younger than 65. This alcoholic drink can be:
- Beer: 12 ounces
- Wine: 5 ounces
- Distilled spirits : 1.5 ounces
Moderate alcohol use can be counter-productive for you, if you have risk factors for heart disease. It’s always better to take care to lead a healthy lifestyle and eat a heart-healthy diet to reduce your heart attack risks.
Risks of heavy alcohol use
We know about the definition of moderate drinking, but what’s heavy drinking? It is defined as more than three drinks a day for women and men older than 65 (or more than seven drinks a week), and more than four drinks a day for men less than 65 (or more than 14 drinks a week).
Binge drinking is even worse. If you drink four or more drinks within two hours as a woman and five or more drinks within two hours as a man, it is referred to as binge drinking. Heavy drinking, including binge drinking, can increase your risk of serious health problems, like:
- Cancer, including breast cancer and cancers of the mouth, throat and esophagus
- Pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas
- Sudden death due to pre-existing cardiovascular disease
- Alcoholic myopathy or damage to heart muscle, which causes heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Brain damage in fetuses
It’s best to ditch alcohol altogether. It is the healthiest thing you could ever do. The guidelines make it very clear that you shouldn’t start drinking alcohol, albeit moderately, to make your heart healthy. The best way to have a healthy heart is to eat and exercise right. However, if you are an occasional drinker, you could make sure that your alcohol intake is within limits and you drink moderately at all times so that you don’t attract any health penalties associated with heavy alcohol use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.