Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.s Shetty
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N.s ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from high fear along with severe cold. I have been using capsules fro a period of 1 week but no change in my health condition (paracetamol, saridon, avil) are the tablets I had used.
What is High Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition caused when the force of the blood against the arterial walls exceeds drastically than what it normally is. A blood pressure reading exceeding 140/90 over a prolonged period of time is considered to be ‘high blood pressure’ or diagnosed as ‘hypertension’.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is characterized by extremely high levels of blood glucose (blood sugar) in the body, either due to the insufficient secretion of insulin by the pancreas or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. This makes your body unable to break down the sugars. At first glance, these two conditions seem completely unrelated, but, according to certain studies, the two conditions do have similar outcomes and could be inter-dependent.
According to the American Diabetes Association, the combination of hypertension and type 2 diabetes is particularly lethal and can significantly raise a person's risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Having type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure also increases your chances of developing other diabetes-related diseases, such as kidney disease, and retinopathy (eye blood vessels), which may cause blindness. There is substantial overlap between diabetes and hypertension, reflecting substantial overlap in their etiology and disease mechanisms. Genetic structure, Obesity, inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance are thought to be the common pathways. A prospective cohort study in the United States reported that type 2 diabetes mellitus was almost 2.5 times as likely to develop in subjects with hypertension as in subjects with normal blood pressure.
In the Hong Kong Cardiovascular Risk Factor Prevalence Study, only 42% of people with diabetes had normal blood pressure and only 56% of people with hypertension had normal glucose tolerance. There are many minor lifestyle changes that can lower your blood pressure and blood sugar. A brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes every day, or any aerobic activity can make your heart healthier. In addition to lowering blood pressure and blood sugar, physical activity can strengthen the heart muscle and may reduce arterial stiffness. You may need minor modifications in your diet like, cutting out sugar salt, high-fat meats etc. You can take several servings of vegetables, low-fat dairy products, leans meats and fish or meat substitutes, fruits, whole (not processed) foods, whole-grain pastas, breads, and brown rice etc. While some people can improve their type 2 diabetes and hypertension with lifestyle changes, most require medication.
Depending on their overall health, some people may need more than one medication to reduce their risk. Consult your doctor to choose best possible medicines for your diabetes and / or blood pressure control.
I am having sever headache on the right side of the head from morning to evening only, done home remedies but not of use.
I am 30 year old male married. There is no sufficient energy to have sex, so what should I do to gain energy and power naturally?
Hey I am getting constipation from last 4 days. I tried all those home remedies but was not successful. Would you help me to figure it out.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to Balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of Balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause Balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other Balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to Balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
Other causes of Balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: Otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. Completing the antibiotics course helps prevent this infection.
One can also opt for an annual flu shot to keep away the flu related infections in the ear.
Related Tip: "What Causes Balance Disorder? Is Migraine A Cause?"