Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My child is 6 months old and he is suffering from cold and cough since 1 week I consult with doctor they gave medicines but medicines did not work please tell me what can I do.
My sisters child was too weak and not eating well whats the solution to increase the intake of food for the child.
I have a baby of 8 months and she got infection in her blood? what are the causes and remedy for that problem?
Sir 13 months boy has Non Functional Right kidney (MCD) found in DTPA Test, size rt kidney is 3.8*1.6 cm whereas Left Kidney is normal in size.
My child is of 7 years of age. His height is normal short. Whatever to do to increase. Give me food tips. Thanks.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
Hello. Ma baby is 5 month old and has eczema. Doctor has suggested fucidin h ointment along with atarax drops. Also dewsoft kid lotion. Is all dese safe fr my kid. I'm worried because fucidin h has steroids. Also how long will dis skin problem will be there for my kid?
My daughter is 13 and her weight is 90kgs she is bedwetting daily at night and she can not stop the urine. She will be going no. Of times pls give me some advice what to do.
My kid is born as premature and now he is 1.9 Years old and weighing about 9.3kg. Please suggest how to increase his weight. We live in Hyderabad.
My baby is 5month old. Her weight was 2.5 kg at the time of birth now she is 7.4kg.She is only breast fed and no formals are given. Is she obess? What should I do?
Hello my baby 4 plus old. She some time carry very highly in night and tell I feel that some body kick my neck so I request to your good self what can I do.
Hi. I am having 5 months baby. I am not interested in commercially available cerelac. So I prepared home made cerelac made out of (wheat, rice, corn, black grams, dry fruits, horse gram, masoor dal and moong dal). But my doubt is can I give to my 5 months old baby. Please suggest me a diet chart and the foods I can feed to my baby.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms.