Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N S Chandrashekar
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. N S ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
I am a male of 42 years. The joint of my neck gets frozen, and I need to use jerking motion to free it. Kindly suggest.
Hi mam, My age is 40 yrs. I am working as laundry valet in a hotel. My job is such I have to stand for long hours doing pressing bcoz of that my back pains a lot and my leg nerves are very painful. What should I do. Pls can you suggest some exercise for my problems. Thank you.
I am 21 year old male. I suffer a pain in my food pipe almost every time after I take my meal. I have not taken any medication.
I am 23 year old, I have pain in my hip and beneath the knee but when I am touching or pressing my hip and down of knee then there is no pain, but I am having pain in my hip and beneath knee, when I sitting, raising foot up and down. Its from last one month I use a medicine "DOLONEX DT" tablet for 5 days, it gave relief for some days, but it again paining. I think it might be problem in bone. Please suggest me sir/Mam.
Hello doctor, I slapped my brother 2 days back, after continuous complain about ear ringing, we went to doctor today and doc told that it might be due to eardrum rupture but he is not sure. So he prescribed OTOREX, NUROKIND PLUS, CELIN. After giving ear drops, he is complaining that his ringing sound is more. Pls help me in this matter. Thank you in advance.
I am 19 year old boy. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my back neck and in spinal cord then what should I have to do?
My friend is facing pain just above knee joint due to which he is facing problem in sitting and standing after sitting even it pain at times when the leg is not moved please sought a remedy to my problem.
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.